Home to Inverness

Dillinger

Learned today a friend tried to buy a ticket online on his phone at 2.30pm on Saturday for the Inverness match. Got the message none available.

He was bitterly disappointed he didn’t get to the game. Why is this happening? 

We’re chasing away last minute fans eg someone’s in the pub the back of 2, pals going to game, ach i’ll come along too, it looks as if you can’t do this now.

Also know an elderly gent who doesn’t have a smart phone, he’s saying looks as if this system will stop him going. 

Well done Killie chasing away two fans who support the team.

I know it’s easy to criticise so i’ll give a solution. Two turnstiles in each stand with a contactless card reader, one set at adult price, the other at OAP price. Scan your bank card and in just as quickly as paying cash. Both gents would be happy with this.

Should the board not be thinking about this simple measure rather than concentrating on all these vanity projects around the stadium?

3 minutes ago, Guard Lane said:

Learned today a friend tried to buy a ticket online on his phone at 2.30pm on Saturday for the Inverness match. Got the message none available.

We’re chasing away last minute fans eg someone’s in the pub the back of 2, pals going to game, ach i’ll come along too, it looks as if you can’t do this now.

Also know an elderly gent who doesn’t have a smart phone, he’s saying looks as if this system will stop him going. 

I know it’s easy to criticise so i’ll give a solution. Two turnstiles in each stand with a contactless card reader, one set at adult price, the other at OAP price. Scan your bank card and in just as quickly as paying cash. Both gents would be happy with this.

Should the board not be thinking about this simple measure rather than concentrating on all these vanity projects around the stadium?

Cant afford to be chasing away potential fans but I’m just wondering how many fall into the categories you give examples of.

How many are going to decide half an hour before kick off to go along? We’ve had a few examples of the elderly not going because they can’t pay at the gate. Can a friend or relative not help them get a ticket either on their phone or with a lift to the ticket office?

Ive bought online twice now and it’s very easy. To justify contactless and the staff to man the turnstile would require a certain number of users and I’m really not sure there is enough demand with the online and buy in person options available.

Very impressed and pleased that we now have a decent digital ticket buying option up and running. If I can’t do it by phone these days, there’s a fair chance you’re losing me as a customer. I’ve also been put off games in the past because of the old paper system and having to pick up tickets etc. So the new system will be winning new fans and making it far easier for people to pay and plan ahead without any hassle. No complaints about the system from my use on Saturday, and I do rarely carry any cash that it’s a massive benefit to not have to worry about it going to games  

I get that for some old-school fans it’s a very different experience to handing over some notes, but the reality is that over 80% of the UK population has a smart phone and over 70% use digital banking, so we’re facilitating them far more than we’re turning away walk-ups. 

That said, I get that there is a small group (though it’s getting smaller all the time) who are impacted, and a short-term workaround might be useful in one stand. 

38 minutes ago, Guard Lane said:

There is still the facility to buy a ticket in person at the ticket office and if the gentleman is elderly he will have a bus pass. Maybe the gentleman has difficulty walking in which case if it was me I would buy their ticket for them. I have no idea why your friend couldn't purchase a ticket, I have bought tickets on the day of the match before with no problems. The club might lose some customers, but they could gain some customers too. If the weather was bad some walk-ups would decide not to go, even a last minute downpour could put them off. If they had already bought a ticket they would be more likely to go and if not the club still gets the money.  Providing a much improved shop and a disabled area that is fit for purpose and more easily accessible are hardly vanity projects.

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

There is still the facility to buy a ticket in person at the ticket office and if the gentleman is elderly he will have a bus pass. Maybe the gentleman has difficulty walking in which case if it was me I would buy their ticket for them. I have no idea why your friend couldn't purchase a ticket, I have bought tickets on the day of the match before with no problems. The club might lose some customers, but they could gain some customers too. If the weather was bad some walk-ups would decide not to go, even a last minute downpour could put them off. If they had already bought a ticket they would be more likely to go and if not the club still gets the money.  Providing a much improved shop and a disabled area that is fit for purpose and more easily accessible are hardly vanity projects.

I took someone who bought their ticket on-line at 1:45pm.

Seems like another pop at the club to me.