SevCo True Colours...again

58 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

Sounds like beating Rangers is against SPFL rules:

"Ayr United FC have been charged with breaching SPFL Rules and Regulations following their The SPFL Trust Trophy victory over Rangers B, and the SPFL has arranged a disciplinary hearing for Monday September 20. "

?

They went one better than us, two ineligible players fielded. They were on loan to two WOSL sides.

9 minutes ago, cammy2012 said:

They just get worse and worse. Time that club was punted out of Scotland.

All their fans support England or Northern Ireland so I think they should f**k off to one of those countries and stay there. Unfortunately I don't think either place would want them. Toxic vermin.

2 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

f**king orcs can't be trusted not to shout sectarian abuse at two BT Sport pundits so haven't allowed them entry. What a pathetic state of affairs.

Imagine how the Scottish media would have reacted if two commentators had been banned by SevCo for being e.g. black or being Muslim???? But it's ok when they are banning perceived "fenians".

13 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Imagine how the Scottish media would have reacted if two commentators had been banned by SevCo for being e.g. black or being Muslim???? But it's ok when they are banning perceived "fenians".

They were banned because Sevco can’t guarantee there safety which is probably right.The Sevco stance is that no one who isn’t Sevco minded are not allowed anywhere near Ibrox hence the demand for £25k for media access.   

2 hours ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Dangerous road to go down. How soon until they can't guarantee the safety of opposition managers or players because of their club, religion, skin colour etc. Absolutely rancid club from top to bottom, time after time.

On 9/16/2021 at 11:08 AM, Dieter's Heeder said:

Being out of the country, I'm curious.

In what way were they deemed to be a security risk?
I know what the "security risk" is referring to, just wondering if any TV station or sports channel asked the rangers CEO to expand on what he meant by that statement? 
Seems like a pretty strong statement, and worthy of running a headlining story on and pressing the club to clarify.

17 minutes ago, RayD said:

Being out of the country, I'm curious.

In what way were they deemed to be a security risk?
I know what the "security risk" is referring to, just wondering if any TV station or sports channel asked the rangers CEO to expand on what he meant by that statement? 
Seems like a pretty strong statement, and worthy of running a headlining story on and pressing the club to clarify.

Its got hee haw to do with security and everything to do with the sectarian abuse that would be caught live on air in front of uefa delegates. Large fine or worse would be awaiting. 

That’s a very strange way of wording it. Unless Sutton is exaggerating (and there’s a fair chance that he is), “security threat” makes it sound like that they had some sort of intelligence or warning that something was going to happen to him and Lennon so I assume that they would report that to the police and again start identifying and banning the culprits?
BT should really have done more digging on that, if Sutton is telling the truth

12 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

It could be looked at as inflammatory move by BT they’ve plenty of non Celtic commentators to choose from .
I wonder if Sutton manoeuvred this ? 

If a guy attending his work to do his work is seen as ‘inflammatory’ because he once happened to play football for another football team then we’re in a very, very bad place indeed. 

I’m starting to absolutely despair with this country. I feel like I’m spending every single day trying to avoid screaming meaninglessly into the void at the sheer, blinding stupidity of our political class, our ‘religious’ bollocks, our football clubs’ successful monetisation of stupidity and hatred. 

Jesus f**k, it’s 2021 and Twitter’s swarming with snidey Rangers fans and Orange men sneering at anyone who thinks we should have started to evolve beyond tribal f**kwittery by now. 

Even England seems to manage every day with the idea that once-rivals like Carragher and Neville can be really engaged, engaging commentators, but here we have Rangers’ official media outlet insisting that Lennon has no place at Ibrox because he’s ’the most divisive figure in Scotland in decades’. Honestly, we’re doing an amazing job of nailing our position as the thickest species on the planet. 

6 minutes ago, Travis said:

If a guy attending his work to do his work is seen as ‘inflammatory’ because he once happened to play football for another football team then we’re in a very, very bad place indeed. 

I’m starting to absolutely despair with this country. I feel like I’m spending every single day trying to avoid screaming meaninglessly into the void at the sheer, blinding stupidity of our political class, our ‘religious’ bollocks, our football clubs’ successful monetisation of stupidity and hatred. 

Jesus f**k, it’s 2021 and Twitter’s swarming with snidey Rangers fans and Orange men sneering at anyone who thinks we should have started to evolve beyond tribal f**kwittery by now. 

Even England seems to manage every day with the idea that once-rivals like Carragher and Neville can be really engaged, engaging commentators, but here we have Rangers’ official media outlet insisting that Lennon has no place at Ibrox because he’s ’the most divisive figure in Scotland in decades’. Honestly, we’re doing an amazing job of nailing our position as the thickest species on the planet. 

Whilst i agree with your summations and that in all of this the main protagonist is Rangers Football club , my point is why antagonise them ? There will come a point in the future when that marble staircase with again resound to the footsteps of auntie beeb’s best correspondents , when both sides have sat down and resolved their differences . The BBC are playing the long game it seems .

BT could of course blame Covid /Brexit or any excuse as to why they’d want to amalgamate their coverage of the old firm in Europe at one ground . Don’t they have a studio in Glasgow they could borrow ? Why didn’t they go to Parkhead and cover the 2 matches from their ? Probably because all the other TV outlets , apart from the BBC , we’re using Ibrox anyway ? I don’t know but to antagonise , deliberately or otherwise doesn’t in my experience help the situation . 

We all know that the old firm are treated and handled differently in Scotland in a myriad of ways by the police  , public and private authorities ,the media and sometimes even the govt . It’s how we change that that is the problem . 

In this case why doesn’t BT highlight this situation to UEFA ? Who knows it may have happened previously in Belgrade/Seville etc 

22 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Whilst i agree with your summations and that in all of this the main protagonist is Rangers Football club , my point is why antagonise them ? There will come a point in the future when that marble staircase with again resound to the footsteps of auntie beeb’s best correspondents , when both sides have sat down and resolved their differences . The BBC are playing the long game it seems .

BT could of course blame Covid /Brexit or any excuse as to why they’d want to amalgamate their coverage of the old firm in Europe at one ground . Don’t they have a studio in Glasgow they could borrow ? Why didn’t they go to Parkhead and cover the 2 matches from their ? Probably because all the other TV outlets , apart from the BBC , we’re using Ibrox anyway ? I don’t know but to antagonise , deliberately or otherwise doesn’t in my experience help the situation . 

We all know that the old firm are treated and handled differently in Scotland in a myriad of ways by the police  , public and private authorities ,the media and sometimes even the govt . It’s how we change that that is the problem . 

In this case why doesn’t BT highlight this situation to UEFA ? Who knows it may have happened previously in Belgrade/Seville etc 

Why pander?

Any journalist or pundit should be free to go about their job in any ground in Scotland, irrespective of background. 

If Rangers or their fans feel ‘antagonised’ by the presence of people who don’t share their gutter mentality then that’s their problem, not anyone else’s. 

How long before they feel ‘antagonised’ by the presence of managers, players or teams they don’t like? Or fans? They might want us to live in a backwards-looking monoculture, but any sane society shouldn’t be pandering to that or we end up in some fairly dark places. 

I won’t hold my breath, but Rangers need to grow up. Its always them. Issues with ‘competing’ sponsors, with the media, with opposition, with different views. 

Rangers’ behaviour is, yet again, an embarrassment. But they know fine well it plays to their lowest-common-denominator idiots, and is therefore a money spinner, so they play up to their hoards while playing dumb to everyone else. An organisation, indeed society, that sees an ex-footballer’s presence as antagonising has some very serious problems. 

Edited by Travis

14 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Bigoted, sectarian behaviour should be called out at every opportunity.  This incident just proves that from top to bottom this rancid club is a sectarian organisation and should be dealt with as such.

19 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Stop digging.

27 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Bigoted, sectarian behaviour should be called out at every opportunity.  This incident just proves that from top to bottom this rancid club is a sectarian organisation and should be dealt with as such.

Agreed but why didn’t BT call this out on its main football news programme ? Could it be that doesn’t want to antagonise one of the 2 biggest players in Scotland , a stance all too common up here? Calling it out hasn’t worked to any real degree in the past 50 odd years . It seems that the only authority rangers respond too is UEFA who can only ban or fine  them in the  European football arena  . Hence my assertion that BT report this to UEFA . 

The BBC have chosen the semi pandering path in that they’ll still fulfil their duty to report on their games .  Had the BBC taken the stance that it wouldn’t cover or report on anything connected to rangers , you can just imagine the reaction from ibrox ,their legal advisors and the hordes . 

It’s a muscle flexing exercise by rangers which they do from time to time , the Cinch contract being another example . However on this they have rule L7 in the SFPL regulations to support their claim . 

The thing is yet again the football authorities in Scotland are shown to be the s**tebags they are.

Refuse to wear league sponsors logo?

Twiddle their fingers.

No away fans at Ibrox?

Twiddle their fingers. Unlike UEFA who told them otherwise 

Sectarian singing?

See away fans

League flag?

We don't want yours we've got our own.

Now they are barring pundits as well as refusing to talk to BBC.

If they don't want to play by the rules then they should f**k off themselves or the SFA/ SPFL should grow a backbone and bring them into line or tell them to f**k off.