Winning first three games

Ken T

So was just thinking there, I've been watching this lot for 50 years but can't think of a single season where we've won our first three league games. Thanks to David Ross's magnificent book charting our first 125 years I was able to check the archives. Turns out we last won our first 3 league games in......(drum roll) yes, the ultimate season, 1964/65! Well done lads

Ps now told it was on the match thread on Saturday, sorry guys am not keeping up here!

Edited by Ken T
Add info

18 minutes ago, Ken T said:

So was just thinking there, I've been watching this lot for 50 years but can't think of a single season where we've won our first three league games. Thanks to David Ross's magnificent book charting our first 125 years I was able to check the archives. Turns out we last won our first 3 league games in......(drum roll) yes, the ultimate season, 1964/65! Well done lads

Did we not do something mental like go unbeaten until the 16th game that season.  Only season to beat it was the invincible season in the 1800s

22 minutes ago, Ken T said:

Your only a couple of days late, it's already been covered in the match day thread...

50 minutes ago, FTAD said:

There is a small percentage of this forum who have things to do with their day other than press refresh on Killiefc.com.

There are also plenty who don't want to read the same recycled posts over n over, but it still happens....

Edited by C4mmy31

8 hours ago, Ken T said:

Ps now told it was on the match thread on Saturday, sorry guys am not keeping up here!

Hopefully lift same trophy in April.

On 8/25/2021 at 4:37 PM, carpetfitter said:

Wouldn’t that be something. It always irked me a wee bit that in all our promotions to the top league in 1950s, 1970s, 1980s and in 1990 we didn’t go up as champions.

We haven't won a lower league title since the 19th century!