Burke

piffer

4 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Last season it was often pointed out how Burke was our only real consistent creative player , and that was a disadvantage as opponents easily knew how to stop us ,

so far it’s proving the same this season ……the hope is either or both Fraser Murray and Armstrong can kick on and add more as season develops , but we also need to see our central midfield 3 step up a level creative wise 

Polworth is creative, BUT if you have a striker who isn't up to it or cant make the right move or maoes it too late then it wont matter how creative you are.

5 minutes ago, Dave1981 said:

I said pre season before he signed that to have Burke at the club would be amazing this season but we can't rely on a 37 year old to being our best/most relied on player in the starting 11.  Its just not physically possible for him.  

I’m a huge Burke fan but I agree we seem to be over reliant on him. Yesterday he was systematically targeted by Inverness from the start and a couple of particularly heavy challenges and he was done.

Could have been replaced at half time and certainly after an hour. Daft as it sounds it’s almost like he has something in his contract that says he starts and stays on until he tells Wright HE wants to come off.  

We needed fresh legs and ideas but kept persisting with him when he was clearly dead on his feet and the Caley players had him sussed.

Credit to him for lasting 90 minutes especially after the treatment dished out to him on various occasions he must be really frustrated because how can you soar like an eagle when you are surrounded by so many turkeys in the opposing team who try to stop you taking off!

1 hour ago, Bbk said:

Credit to him for lasting 90 minutes especially after the treatment dished out to him on various occasions he must be really frustrated because how can you soar like an eagle when you are surrounded by so many turkeys in the opposing team who try to stop you taking off!

He only lasted 90 minutes because the manager chose not to replace him when he was clearly done and fresh legs might have made a difference.

Wingers rely on pace and a player who will be 38 in four months time cannot beat opposition defenders who could be half his age for the full game.

For me he starts and gets an hour against poorer teams and is an impact sub against the better ones...in general... to be amended depending on how the game is looking. 

2 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Polworth is creative, BUT if you have a striker who isn't up to it or cant make the right move or maoes it too late then it wont matter how creative you are.

The example was in the box in the 2nd half.

Polworth chose the wrong option but Cameron was sleeping and it went out for a goal kick.

5 hours ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

He only lasted 90 minutes because the manager chose not to replace him when he was clearly done and fresh legs might have made a difference.

Wingers rely on pace and a player who will be 38 in four months time cannot beat opposition defenders who could be half his age for the full game.

For me he starts and gets an hour against poorer teams and is an impact sub against the better ones...in general... to be amended depending on how the game is looking. 

Oh dear 

4 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

The example was in the box in the 2nd half.

Polworth chose the wrong option but Cameron was sleeping and it went out for a goal kick.

Given the number of times Cameron had made that move for Polworth to either turn around three times and have the ball taken off him, or bizarrely in the first half fire it at Cameron shoulder from a few yards away, I don't think Cameron can be blamed for not anticipating Polworth's (again overhit) pass.

6 minutes ago, Lorielus said:

Given the number of times Cameron had made that move for Polworth to either turn around three times and have the ball taken off him, or bizarrely in the first half fire it at Cameron shoulder from a few yards away, I don't think Cameron can be blamed for not anticipating Polworth's (again overhit) pass.

I do get your point. But Polworth and Cameron aren't even in the same league quality wise.

3 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I do get your point. But Polworth and Cameron aren't even in the same league quality wise.

Normally I would agree - yesterday I wouldn't though, I thought Cameron contributed signifcantly more than Polworth did and with a better attitude.  Definitely the exception rather than the rule so far though.

48 minutes ago, Garvis said:

Seems extraordinary how little protection Burke got from the referee, I wasn't expecting him to come out after half time.

No protection and I think that’s a sign of thing to come not just for Burke but any player we have who makes an impression. Felt we could probably have managed it a bit better. As you say it wasn’t expected for him to see the second half never mind finish it. 

11 minutes ago, the big ring said:

TBH I thought it was a fantastic tackle. I'd love us to be that good at timing a heavy challenge. Not pleased Burk was on the end of it but same rules apply and all that

I thought the first by the left back was a superb tackle. Had no issue with that. There were a few after that though which weren’t blatantly obvious. The most noticeable thing was the shirt pulling. Every time someone was close they had a tug and it was never punished 

2 hours ago, the big ring said:

TBH I thought it was a fantastic tackle. I'd love us to be that good at timing a heavy challenge. Not pleased Burk was on the end of it but same rules apply and all that

Reminded me of David Lilley's tackle on Neil McCann many years ago.   

Edited by Pelesboots

The tackle on Burke in the first half was exactly the type of tackle that Naismith should have made on Gardyne who was the only player in that Inverness side that would push for a spot in our current side. Instead we allowed a player to waltz about the park skipping past players ten years his junior. Gardyne to them is like Burke to us and we have to accept referees at this level will be even worse than the ones we were used to in the top flight. 

17 hours ago, piffer said:

I thought the first by the left back was a superb tackle. Had no issue with that. There were a few after that though which weren’t blatantly obvious. The most noticeable thing was the shirt pulling. Every time someone was close they had a tug and it was never punished 

yep got to agree. It was like watching Aberdeen. loads of s**tey wee off the ball niggly fouls. Horrible t play against that crappy style.