Boyd's Brother R.I.P

Guff92

The age 27 seems to crop up time and time again.

A previous post spoke about the illness which is a horrible thing to go through. We all need to train ourselves to look out for the signs. You may never know who is struggling until it is too late.

My sympathies and deepest condolences to Kris and his family.

1 hour ago, CBFC said:

The age 27 seems to crop up time and time again.

A previous post spoke about the illness which is a horrible thing to go through. We all need to train ourselves to look out for the signs. You may never know who is struggling until it is too late.

My sympathies and deepest condolences to Kris and his family.

This is the hardest thing about it. There's such a strong self-blame instinct that many sufferers come up with a multitude of ways to make it look like nothing is wrong on the outside. In men in particular there's a lasting stigma that talking about what you're facing is a sign of weakness. There's also a real lack of funding in tackling mental health and a complexity that means even well-intentioned expert care can miss the mark. Really tragic for all involved and my thoughts go out to his wife, children, Kris and wider family. 

• CB locked this topic
  • CB unlocked this topic