Inverness Match Fred

C4mmy31

17 minutes ago, fraggle said:

Poor performance all round really, Mcginn probably our best player but bit of a reality check. 

Referee was pretty poor, and what happened to announcing how many minutes injury time? Can a referee just choose not to tell the 4th official and keep it a secret only he knows? 

No 4th official or boards etc in the seaside leagues 

Big reality check today. Next few days crucial as we need at least two quality players before the window closes. A strong midfield player is as vital as a centre forward 

Can't get to carried away with today's result as long as we react in the correct manner including us fans. 

Edited by Mcd
Spelling

Thought TW got the subs all wrong today. Shocker of a performance all round but ICT deserve some grudging praise for the way they played. 

They've shown the others how to beat us so we absolutely must find a way to win these games.

Not losing the first goal would be a good start.

Still not convinced we have right balance in midfield for games like today , and would liked TW to tried something different lot earlier in that second half 

Hopefully Robinson is not out for a lengthy period as he at least adds some variety to our play in central areas , especially if we find that better striker for him to play off..

Expected swing from high to low with killie fans.

i don’t think anything changes after today. Inverness we’re good today. I haven’t read the earlier posts in full but Sutherland, broadfoot were excellent IMO and Gardyne continues to surprise me he hasnt played at a higher level earlier in his career. Not just his attacking threat - which was significant - but his defensive doubling up on Burke, though it was extremely well planned and implemented. If Burke is nullified we need a plan B. He is the only one that elevates us beyond the other top teams in this league. Without at classy central striker we will be battling teams like Inverness right to the wire. We are a good championship team and I thought we showed that again today. But so too are Inverness. We need some extra talent to get ahead of the pack.

Have not read the whole thread but did not enjoy that one little bit.

Slow start leads to pishy early goal conceded with most of defence and also keeper culpable.

Burke kicked out the game and injured inside 15 mins - why was he kept on the park when he was crocked?

Robinson injury a disaster given other weaknesses.

First half I thought we were slightly the better team and the referee was allowing them leeway to adopt all sorts of rough-house stuff to stop us.

Second half for me though was super-worrying. They dictated how the game went and got better and better as it went on. We just dropped further and further out of things and if another goal was coming it was for them.

We had zero ideas in the second half and not much heart. Would not single out players really as no one played very well at all.

I am not sure putting a better striker in front of the rabble from the second half would even get us very far.

What a contrast to how we felt last week...

2 signings before Tuesday according to TW. Suspect two strikers, this would then free Robinson to play no.10, supporting striker if you like, then gives us more options to move Polworth for alston maybe. Gives us far more options to rotate

TW also mentioned loan market is open for another 4weeks so maybe see more than just the 2coming in. 

I don't think we need to overreact but that was not acceptable today. If we have any aspirations of going up we need to do a lot lot better than that. This one was on Tommy. The worry is we look solid enough but I think we'd 1 shot on target today. If Tommy fixes this fine we'll accept it and move on but losing to one of our championship rivals like this cannot be glossed over. 

Just now, ki11ie said:

2 signings before Tuesday according to TW. Suspect two strikers, this would then free Robinson to play no.10, supporting striker if you like, then gives us more options to move Polworth for alston maybe. Gives us far more options to rotate

TW also mentioned loan market is open for another 4weeks so maybe see more than just the 2coming in. 

Reckon it'll be Gavin Reilly on loan. David Martindaje said he'll go on Loan on Monday but didn't name the club

1 hour ago, Kanyon said:

Good to see no one is panicking after the first defeat.

Not panicking but the manner of the defeat is cause for great concern.

Sideways and backwards passes followed by aimless punts forward from the first to last minute. 

We obviously need strengthening up front but the apparent lack of midfield creativity doesn’t look like it’s been addressed.

They'd better be in tomorrow and get working on tactics. That was the first game I had been at Rugby Park for since the CQN debacle and the ineptitude was right up there. Had that been served up under Dyer this thread would be in meltdown.

Time to keep a calm head but we can’t afford many more performances like that.

Just now, historyman said:

Our performance was embarrassing naive and gutless. We posed no threat whatsoever in the final third. I would get rid of Polworth immediately. His attitude stinks. 

A bit harsh you not think? He was poor today but has done pretty well to this point. I think he needs competition from Robinson for that role but he’s a good player at this level I think. 

5 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Expected swing from high to low with killie fans.

i don’t think anything changes after today. Inverness we’re good today. I haven’t read the earlier posts in full but Sutherland, broadfoot were excellent IMO and Gardyne continues to surprise me he hasnt played at a higher level earlier in his career. Not just his attacking threat - which was significant - but his defensive doubling up on Burke, though it was extremely well planned and implemented. If Burke is nullified we need a plan B. He is the only one that elevates us beyond the other top teams in this league. Without at classy central striker we will be battling teams like Inverness right to the wire. We are a good championship team and I thought we showed that again today. But so too are Inverness. We need some extra talent to get ahead of the pack.

Cant argue with that 

Neither brilliant, nor abysmal, really. All just pretty underwhelming and disappointing in the end. 

Gave them an easy early goal and we’re chasing against pretty much an eight-man defence from then on in. Fairly dismal, if unsurprisingly tactics from John Robertson to boot Burke out of the game early on, and weak ref didn’t have the nouse to deal with their niggling tactics. 

Hard not to worry about where the creativity is going to come from. McGinn’s clearly a quality player, and probably man of the match, but really very little ahead of him, and a disappointing lack of urgency as the game trickled out at the end. 

Squad in its current state looks thin and worryingly one-dimensional for a long campaign, though I have no doubt many of those players will have far better days to come. Goal scorers and goal creators are going to be priceless. In that regard, we’re not quite there yet.