Inverness Match Fred

C4mmy31

We do quite often s*** the bed in these games where there is a big crowd, chance to win over some neutrals at the game, build some momentum. Only game I can remember us seizing on this was Hamilton away a couple of seasons ago when Broadfoot scored

9 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

If McGinn was getting paid by the time in the ball, he’d be the highest earner by a long way. He was constantly demanding the ball, linking the play. He missed the killer ball, mainly cause no one made the killer run. I agree with much of your other comments but McGinn is our main man in the centre of the park. We lucky to have him.

Best player on the pitch today by a mile. 

8 minutes ago, Big sexy said:

You cant win every game god sake .we were just beat by the better team on the day .i dont think the players werent trying .Came up against an organised side who had clearly done homework on us 

You can’t win every game. 

That’s the attitude - that will pervade a club that will f**k all.   

9 minutes ago, pmonty3 said:

McKenzie has his uses but never going to carve open a stubborn defence.

He started very well against Morton before going off injured, but he was in central midfield where his energy compensated for a lack of mobility in the midfield.

On the left wing, he offers very little.

We are going to lose the odd game but this isn't the Premiership. We want to or should want to win this league. Losers are happy with dropped points, winners aren't. The bad part of today was that Cally weren't exactly holding on. The players looked as though they'd given up by the end. None of our players stepped up. That is the worry. 

4 minutes ago, skygod said:

He started very well against Morton before going off injured, but he was in central midfield where his energy compensated for a lack of mobility in the midfield.

On the left wing, he offers very little.

True, with limited other options I would have tried Rory behind Cameron after half time , using Polworth and Alston as attacking midfielders was not getting us anywhere as game wore on …..

Edited by Scouser2

This was the first game I've been at since Feb 2020, The first time I've seen a TW team in person. 

There was a Man City fan sitting next to me with his two weans. On holiday at Troon, he thought he'd take in a Scottish game. So I thought I'd share some of the observations of a neutral observer.

"That was a bit limp" he said when we conceded the goal

"The bald guy (Burke) looks qute good, he's the only one that is creating anything." He said. This despite Burkie clearly being done by half time. Probably partly due to being kicked up and down the park.

"You need to get rid of that big guy" he said of Cameron.

"That winger (Fraser Murray) could cause some real problems if he ran or the defenders in stead if passing it back all the time"

Edited by gdevoy

6 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

This was the first game I've been at since Feb 2020, The first time I've seen a TW team in person. 

There was a Man City fan sitting next to me with hys two weans. On holiday at Troon, he thought he'd take in a Scottish game. So I thought I'd share some of the observations of a neutral observer.

"That was a bit limp" he said when we conceded the goal

"The bald guy (Burke) looks qute good, he's the only one that is creating anything." He said. This despite Burkie clearly being done by half time. Probably partly due to being kicked up and down the park.

"You need to get rid of that big guy" he said of Cameron.

"That winger (Fraser Murray) could cause some real problems if he ran or the defenders in stead if passing it back all the time"

This guy should have been in out dugout!

1 hour ago, kfc_superteam said:

Reckon it'll be Gavin Reilly on loan. David Martindaje said he'll go on Loan on Monday but didn't name the club

Apparently Morton for him, also the way TW is talking about other teams needing someone in before letting someone go would suggest it might not be Reilly given how vocal Martindale has been about wanting Reilly to go out on loan  

Edited by ki11ie

We played with two defensive midfielders and one striker at home. Polworth was playing behind the striker as support.

We need to play two up front. Cameron is on a hiding to nothing as a lone striker as if he wins the ball in the air there is no one picking up the knock ons or flicks.

We also play with two wingers and full backs who are meant to create width. Naismith didn’t get beyond Burke once and Haunstrup had another of his frustrating games. Haunstrup is one footed but instead of going down the outside he cuts back in. He also doesn’t get the ball on the run in front of him so takes touches which slow the game down and he then doubles back. He needs to be told to get up the park and use his pace. He seems frightened of making mistakes.

If we play 2 up front we need to drop one of the wide men or one of the midfielders.

We also don’t have enough variety from the bench. Armstrong and Murray are used as like for like replacements for Burke and Mackenzie.

I’m not convinced Murray is a winger as his delivery isn’t great. I’m surprised he wasn’t moved centrally with Armstrong coming wide as Murray can finish with both feet.

We have a lot of decent footballers but lack a nasty streak when things get tough. Killie have always been too ‘nice’ a team.

We are very slow in the build up and go side to side rather than playing through the lines.

Would have been a different game if we hadn’t conceded early and scored first but if we concede there will be lots of opposition performances like today.

Billy Dodds isn’t a tactical genius (although I think there were 2 of him today). Inverness played very little football and rough housed the game. It may get results and grind out wins but it is not great to watch and I don’t think any Killie fan would want us to play like that.

Let’s see what the signings are like but they have to offer us different options.

We we’re unlucky with Burrell’s injury as he was different to the players in the squad.

It’s only one defeat. Poor performance but there is a long way to go yet. 

I must admit reading through this thread I had quite a different view on the game.

As per the last couple of league games, we gifted them a great chance, only this time the opposition took it.  Gardyne must have been wondering what the hell was happening the way players just stepped aside for him one at a time, followed by some Rodoyle keeping from Hemming.

Beyond that and the odd break in the second half which usually ended up with them putting it straight out for a shy, we controlled the game in spite of some of the poorest individial performances to date this season.

I thought Naismith, McKenzie and Alston were all poor or anonymous without being in "nightmare" territory (and Murray too when he came on), and I thought Haunstrup and Polworth had absolute shockers.  Polworth never hid in fairness until his frustration clearly got the best of him before he went off, but he had four or five opportunities to create brilliant chances and overhit everything.  The one in the first have where he turned inside well, and just had to play a flat ball into Cameron's feet for a glorious chance, but instead bizarre fired a cannon at Cameron's shoulder from about 8 yards away was a particular lowlight.

I thought McGinn looked about three divisions above the rest of the players on the park, and (contrary to a few on the thread) I thought Cameron was excellent, both in movement and link up play, in spite of little movement in the second half from Alston and Polworth to support.

As others have said though, us making little effort to exploit Broadfoot's catastrophic tendencies was strange - he went full Broadfoot at least three times, and we seemed hesitant to take advantage - particular the one in the first half where it went straight under his foot (classic Kirk) to Robinson and Robinson seemed to take forever to make a decision with what to do with the opportunity presented to him.

Of course the referee just inviting them to take turns booting Burke didn't help - for every time they downed him there were two or three wild swipes at him too.  Think their keeper must have felt left out, he was about the only one that didn't get a turn at kicking him.

Edited by Lorielus

9 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

"That winger (Fraser Murray) could cause some real problems if he ran or the defenders instead if passing it back all the time"

He's caused a few problems cutting in and shooting with his right foot.

But he wouldn't know that if he was up on hoilday.