Inverness Match Fred

C4mmy31

We got worse as the 2nd half went on. Even McGinn (only one to get passmarks) was passing it straight out the park by the end

Maybe wrong to single players out given so many were poor today. But Haunstrup.... take some responsibility FFS. It was crying out for him to drive into the space and vardy the ball 15 - 20 yards forward. Waters is also pish, hope Deveney can kick on

Just a really frustrating afternoon. With a real lack of cutting edge in the team. 

Terrible defending in the lead up to the first goal and the keeper has got to do better. Burke looked rattled after those few kicks he got early on and never recovered, surprised he finished the game.

The real problem for me is the midfield, it’s just all too slow and pedestrian. McGinn actually played well and always showed for the ball but Alston and Polworth were miles off it. Once we have our strikers Robinson has to drop back to replace one of them and play as the most advanced. 

I just don’t see it happening for Cameron, he’s just so laboured and isn’t great on his hold up play. If he playing we need to get to the byline and get crossed in the box for him to attack which we just aren’t doing. 

Also am I the only one still to be convinced by Naismith? For a big guy he doesn’t win many headers, very rarely goes on the overlap with Burke and hardly get any crosses in the box.QOTS goal aside I just thought we’d have seen more from him so far 

we had a collective stinker, we were not good enough to stroll the league & lets be honest its not the killie way.. so we pick ourselves up & go again.

they looked sharper & more up than us today, they bullied us out the game which is a worry especially at home, the ref didnt help but not givin fouls..

were seen as the big scalp so teams gonna sit in , we dont have creative player to unlock these teams, were also to pedestrian in our build up, unless we go hoofball.

i hope weve got three strikers lined up & cameron out on loan, just not ready to lead line

3 minutes ago, BigYin said:

Also am I the only one still to be convinced by Naismith? For a big guy he doesn’t win many headers, very rarely goes on the overlap with Burke and hardly get any crosses in the box.QOTS goal aside I just thought we’d have seen more from him so far 

Agree. He hasn't really formed a partnership with Burke yet.

And even Millen was better at crossing.

7 minutes ago, BigYin said:

Thought he's been good but had a stinker today. Made we wonder about what the attacking coaching was though - he kept getting the ball and having no option but to punt 

Both him and Haunstrup seemed to do everything but try and and get balls down the line for wingers. 

I thought Inverness were very poor and a bit physical. But we gifted them a goal after 5 minutes and it was game over.

We controlled the game for almost 90 minutes without ever creating anything of note and could have still been playing now and not scored. The creativity vacuum is really disheartening. Burke was our only real threat and he was done by half time. For me Cameron looks out if his depth at this level and none of the others looked that comfortable on the ball when they got into a dangerous position. 

Hopefully it was just a bad day at the office and some of the new signings have more to offer on another day.

3 hours ago, muza1962 said:

Summers day, joint top of theague. Poor crowd when we have nearly 4K seasons

I hoped for a bit more, but I think the lack of a pay at the gate really hampers walk ups. Also, not so long ago were getting sub 3000 in the top league against ICT. Still, thought there might be more with it being the first “no restrictions” game. 

2 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I hoped for a bit more, but I think the lack of a pay at the gate really hampers walk ups. Also, not so long ago were getting sub 3000 in the top league against ICT. Still, thought there might be more with it being the first “no restrictions” game. 

Also people still holidaying, taking advantage of restrictions being lifted. Personally I know of 5 season ticket holders away.

2 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Two buses and a train to get to Kilmarnock before 12 was less than ideal. Pay at the gate would have been perfect.

23 minutes ago, Darryl1869 said:

Brandon Haunstrup is a terrible footballer

I thought he was defensively sound. He still looks shot of confidence though and tame in the attack. For me he’s got it in him to go beyond his winger but not doing it enough. The cover is there with McGinn and to a lesser extent Alston not bursting forward from CM. If Murray, Burke, McKenzie are cutting inside I want to see the two fullbacks going on the outside on the overlap. I don’t want to see my fullback inside having to take the ball on the turn. Both sides they’re playing too close to each other. When they kick on we’ve seen goals. Queens away came from Naismith gambling and the first last week was from Haunstrup bursting forward and a quality cross. 

On a side note was he having a bit with Broadfoot in the Moffat/Beattie corner in the first half? I was at the other side but looked like words after the tangle

6 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I hoped for a bit more, but I think the lack of a pay at the gate really hampers walk ups.

My mate decided not to come today partly due to the faffing about needed to get in. He does not have a smart phone and did not want to buy a ticket online.

50 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

This was the first game I've been at since Feb 2020, The first time I've seen a TW team in person. 

There was a Man City fan sitting next to me with his two weans. On holiday at Troon, he thought he'd take in a Scottish game. So I thought I'd share some of the observations of a neutral observer.

"That was a bit limp" he said when we conceded the goal

"The bald guy (Burke) looks qute good, he's the only one that is creating anything." He said. This despite Burkie clearly being done by half time. Probably partly due to being kicked up and down the park.

"You need to get rid of that big guy" he said of Cameron.

"That winger (Fraser Murray) could cause some real problems if he ran or the defenders in stead if passing it back all the time"

Was it pep?

2 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

My mate decided not to come today partly due to the faffing about needed to get in. He does not have a smart phone and did not want to buy a ticket online.

Wave of the future, I'm afraid. We'll need to suck it up. App or online. We were warned this was happening when the ticketing system was first introduced. 

12 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I thought Inverness were very poor and a bit physical. But we gifted them a goal after 5 minutes and it was game over.

We controlled the game for almost 90 minutes without ever creating anything of note and could have still been playing now and not scored. The creativity vacuum is really disheartening. Burke was our only real threat and he was done by half time. For me Cameron looks out if his depth at this level and none of the others looked that comfortable on the ball when they got into a dangerous position. 

Hopefully it was just a bad day at the office and some of the new signings have more to offer on another day.

Have to agree with this. Today wasn’t overly different to other games. Yes we were off it. We’ve given a good chance in every game. Today ICT had the quality to take it and the keeper could have done better. In the other games we’ve had the moments of quality to get ourselves in front and stuck it out. That quality deserted us today. At that point it’s more obvious the lack of striker. The guy who takes the half chances.

Burke was our biggest attacking threat. I thought he got guilty of trying to do it all himself and that can lead to poor decision making. Couple of occasions he was looking for the World Cup ball when there was an easy pass into space. Two stood out in the first half. One chip up the line to Naismith was exception but he had nowhere to go but back. The easy pass was Polworth in space. Another he came in on his left and ballooned one with his left when Alston short and sharp was better and could have seen him returned the ball in a good position. He had the fullback where he wanted him in the first but we didn’t get him on him enough. Our play was contesting that area instead of trying to isolate. Second half he was understandably done and I’m surprised he lasted. 

22 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

f**k sake give it a rest

13 minutes ago, CB said:

Wave of the future, I'm afraid. We'll need to suck it up. App or online. We were warned this was happening when the ticketing system was first introduced. 

I fear you are right. I am working on him trying to persuade him this is just how things work these days but it is a challenge.

To be fair I think he was less than keen in the first instance and the stuff about the tickets was jyst the final straw.

Edited by gdevoy

28 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Even if theres no patg if u really want to go and see killie theres nothing holding u back u can go and get a ticket throughout the week at the ticket office 

20 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I think the club need to be asked and explain why ticket office can’t sell up to kick off or have a PATG option. 

One for the SLO to look into?  We can’t afford to lose fans for this reason, even if it only affects a relatively small number.

Bad day at the office. Robinson going off was the worst thing to happen to us. Inverness fully deserved there 3 points. Aggressive and solid. 2nd half for us at home to not produce more than 1 chance (header in box goaly saves)  is shocking and needs addressed. The players need to ramp up there game at home there was a good atmosphere today. Burkeys body language annoys me this season. Flinging the arms up in the air and trying to hard now. He is still our best player id say but he is frustrated definately with what hees playing with.

1 minute ago, Kenny said:

2nd half for us at home to not produce more than 1 chance....is shocking and needs addressed. The players need to ramp up there game at home there was a good atmosphere today.

We need to up the tempo at such times and don't seem equipped to do it.

Backwards passing in defence, sideways passing in midfield, the ball getting stuck out on the wing with Burke marked by three defenders and having to play in little triangles which destroys any momentum.

We need to be able to move the ball at pace up the middle and commit defenders, but we don't have the players to do it.