The Rory Conundrum (split from Rory Appreciation post)

Stefanus

On 9/20/2021 at 12:27 PM, stewarty66 said:

I don't dislike him either. 

In fact he receives a lot of unwarranted abuse .

He was and still is a convenient whipping boy and he's on his own now as Ross Millen is away.

However that doesn't excuse the fact that sometimes he actually will play poorly or get a daft booking.

TW obviously rates him as he tried to sign him for St Johnstone.

He has been on his own since James Fowler stopped playing for us!

1 hour ago, bgb02burns said:

I play and manage teams in FIFA pro Clubs and generally pay little attention to player ratings and stats as they tell so little of the picture. The good players are creating space and doing simple things to create and close down space. Pressuring a player does not have a stat unless you make a tackle or block but so often the player will miss a pace or run into another defender. 

Mitchell is not comparable to McKenzie in any way but yes please shut down some of this nonsense. 

Absolutely, Ally Mitchell did Scottish Football one of its greatest ever favours and prevented ten in a row.  The guy's name should not be spoken without a tone of reverence and awe.

There we go folks, I’ve brought all the bickering factions together through the simple function of comparing two players. 

I’ll be deploying this technique again in future if you don’t behave. 

Eremenko was given more credit than Gary Harkins just because he was foreign. 

Likewise, Grant Murray and Freddie Dindeleux. 

Greg Taylor was just Gary Tallon for a new generation. 

Etc. 

3 hours ago, Lorielus said:

Absolutely, Ally Mitchell did Scottish Football one of its greatest ever favours and prevented ten in a row.  The guy's name should not be spoken without a tone of reverence and awe.

never mind that, we needed the win to keep European hopes alive, I could have cared less about 10 in a row that day. Later it was nice tbf.