cup games

smudger05

24 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

An 18k seater stadium with an attendance of 4K. If ye can’t get on yer exact seat, just sit in one close to it ?‍♂️

In fact sit somewhere else for a change of scenery and a bit more room to manoeuvre.  I loved having my own seat for the Ayr game when everyone was spread out. Was back to normal on Saturday with knees in my back, zero leg room and all the moaners in their usual spot.

It’s not going be an issue for Saturday obviously, but the problem comes if it’s a bigger crowd and folk just sit in their normal season ticket seat or “one close to it” when somebody else has purchased a ticket for it - ie. the shambles that occurred in the LC game against Ayr a few years back.

I’ve moved for Cup games and don’t mind at aIl, but there’s a lot of morons out there that can’t seem to grasp the concept of sitting in a seat they’ve actually got a ticket for for that game …. at the Ayr game a few weeks ago,  I genuinely saw 2 young guys try about 5 different seats they didn’t have tickets for before they just ended up sitting in one of the rows that were supposed to be being kept clear ….

It would just be simpler and maybe save some of that hassle if they gave STH’s a window of a day or two to “buy” their own seat before releasing it, although I guess you could say that’s pandering to the aforesaid morons …. 

Like I said, won’t be an issue for Saturday anyway.

2 hours ago, Silent Bob said:

In fact sit somewhere else for a change of scenery and a bit more room to manoeuvre.

I only just realised at that Ayr game that the back row of the front tier of the East has much more leg room than my usual seat which is just 4 rows in front of it - should’ve bought a seat in that row when the stand went up instead of spending nearly 30 years bashing my knees off the seat in front ?

Edited by Dundonald_Killie

1 hour ago, Dundonald_Killie said:

I only just realised at that Ayr game that the back row of the front tier of the East has much more leg room than my usual seat which is just 4 rows in front of it - should’ve bought a seat in that row when the stand went up instead of spending nearly 30 years bashing my knees off the seat in front ?

I found them more comfortable at Cup games, friendlies, etc, but my daughter's feet don't touch the ground in those seats so she finds them more uncomfortable than the knee crushers further back.

4 hours ago, Killie alan said:

You used to get the first home cup games in the league and Scottish cups

Thinking back i'm sure you used to get all games on a season ticket.

The year we got promoted 92/93 think we got about 29? home games on the ticket ... At the time i had a youth / u16 ticket so think over the season the price worked out at just over £1 a game! An absolute bargain.

Not long after that (probably the season after) they restricted it to the first home cup ties.