Denmark Match Fred

CB

Start pressing in the 73rd minute, why not try from the first minute ? "Standard save from Gordon" said Ally, the ball hit off his arm and went into the danger area. Gordon's distribution is woeful too. How the hell does Kenny McLean get into the starting lineup in front of Christie ? Some excuses due to the withdrawals but we started so negatively Denmark could have scored three or four before half-time. 

5 minutes ago, Fudger said:

No doubt get shot down in flames but I think Clarke has been a bit of a let down so far.

A few glimmers of hope but we've had that for the past 20 odd years. Ultimately it's just the same old s**te. 

Yip. Scraped through to the Euros but has made no real improvement to that team and the football is turgid. 

4 hours ago, Fudger said:

No doubt get shot down in flames but I think Clarke has been a bit of a let down so far.

Us Killie fans do tend to cut him some slack but fans of other clubs I know have certainly been scathing. 

Difficult to argue tbh, it's been a poor record. Not helped by baffling decisions like starting Robertson at right wing back!

1 hour ago, Fankle said:

Us Killie fans do tend to cut him some slack but fans of other clubs I know have certainly been scathing. 

Difficult to argue tbh, it's been a poor record. Not helped by baffling decisions like starting Robertson at right wing back!

Agreed, we very much have the rose tinted specs with Clarke and rightly so to an extent, he was incredible for us but I just don't see anything with Scotland to write home about. 

Some of the decisions he made at the Euros were extremely questionable. 

26 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Agreed, we very much have the rose tinted specs with Clarke and rightly so to an extent, he was incredible for us but I just don't see anything with Scotland to write home about. 

Some of the decisions he made at the Euros were extremely questionable. 

Agreed. 

The Croatia game we gave Modric the freedom of Hampden in the first half and were fortunate to be level at half time.

Second half fick me we did exactly the same!

To be honest even with a full strength side a 2-0 loss to Denmark away was what I would expect. 

They are a class side.

Just to put things into perspective a bit they gubbed Moldova 8-0 and Austria 4-0.

The play off spot was always what we could hope to achieve. 

I find it really strange watching SSC's Scotland team compared to his Killie team.  Although undoubtedly he suffers from not being able to work with the players every day, when you think of the level of organisation we'd started to show after even a couple of weeks under him, I was expected a much greater impact.

We do have a really weird squad - strong central midfield, strong left hand side, weak up front, weak in the centre and right of defense, but if a man can get a song out of Kirk Broadfoot, I would expect him to be able to organise Tierney, Hanley and Cooper into a solid enough unit.

What the hell he was thinking with that first half team selection I'll never know.