Austria Match Fred

CB

3 minutes ago, piffer said:

Got to be happy with that. 

Very much a Clarke performance. Delighted for the manager. The vultures were circling but that will put them right back in their box

I just cannot get my head around the constant clarke out pish.  He took us to a major tournament foe the first time in 28years, and has us still in the hunt in a hard group with less glamorous names, but decent sides.

12 minutes ago, jasper said:

That boy Gilmour can play a bit. I would allow him to play for Killie. After a suitable trial ,of course.

He took a right sore one to his head off one of the Austria players. Andy Walker was moaning it should have been red but it looked like a stonewall yellow to me. That said we got a way with one when the ref did not have another look at the Stphen O'Donel incident in the penalty area.

9 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

He took a right sore one to his head off one of the Austria players. Andy Walker was moaning it should have been red but it looked like a stonewall yellow to me. That said we got a way with one when the ref did not have another look at the Stphen O'Donel incident in the penalty area.

Sureley Sky can get better than walker as a co commentator i like Crocker .

7 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

Sureley Sky can get better than walker as a co commentator i like Crocker .

Its ridiculous isn't it? 

Had just gone saying 'Gilmour has been so impressive' when Walker said "Clarke will be disappointed Gilmour isn't making his mark on this game..." 

He just always comes across as a very odd man 

4 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Its ridiculous isn't it? 

Had just gone saying 'Gilmour has been so impressive' when Walker said "Clarke will be disappointed Gilmour isn't making his mark on this game..." 

He just always comes across as a very odd man 

He is a clueless tool, almost as bad as candyfloss head Provan.

IMao they could do a lot worse than asking Burke, who at least has some knowledge of the game.

Excellent result tonight. Tough watch at times but things went for us tonight. Probably the first game unexpected result in Clarke reign(Serbia aside). I always feel the results with Scotland could go either way, even the games we win. Reality is penalty aside we wouldn't have won that game. 

That said Clarke has ground out a belter of a result which has put us in the driving seat. If we beat Israel, the Faroes and Moldova we'll be second. 

41 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

I just cannot get my head around the constant clarke out pish.  He took us to a major tournament foe the first time in 28years, and has us still in the hunt in a hard group with less glamorous names, but decent sides.

An expanded euros by the back door where England game aside we got pumped!

Thought the midfield were particularly good especially in the first half. Billy Gilmour's touch is excellent, so calm in difficult situations.  Austria have gone downhill from the team that took Italy to extra time in the Euros. It's a strange section form wise, only Denmark are consistent, their only blip was taking so long to beat the Faeroes. Israel will still be difficult to beat, they nearly always are.