Morton Game

Scouser2

45 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Anyone missing the format of last season pre game interview,  when we got the videos of the press conferences and questions via Zoom from different journalists ?

Me neither , most of the questions were inane and very repetitive , unless playing one of the OF and questions were all about the other team not us

……Scott McClymont’s interviews at least gives some insight and news 

Agreed, but Tommy needs to stop telling so many fibs. His nose-scratching is a body language expert's dream ?

19 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Anyone missing the format of last season pre game interview,  when we got the videos of the press conferences and questions via Zoom from different journalists ?

Me neither , most of the questions were inane and very repetitive , unless playing one of the OF and questions were all about the other team not us

Agreed - Scott does an excellent job

16 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

Wish TW would let Scott or whoever is talking to him finish the question. He cuts them off with his answer every time!

My Morton supporting m8 says , Brought in 6 new players at the end of the window, But not all have played in the team yet, Best defender is an Ireland U21 but he will be out, Gus keeps changing from a back 3 to a four. Does not think they will attack much but sit deep and defend. He says if we score first we should win by a couple.

20 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

I was thinking this after listening to Sportsound after the Scotland Austria game. They 'interview' Steve Clarke and Lyndon Dykes and it really is just utter box-ticking drivel. Then the pundits have a go at Dykes when he gives back generic cliched answers. Journalism in Scottish football is as stale as the managerial merry go round. Fresh blood and a fresh approach needed.

15 minutes ago, Taggyfc24992 said:

I was thinking this after listening to Sportsound after the Scotland Austria game. They 'interview' Steve Clarke and Lyndon Dykes and it really is just utter box-ticking drivel. Then the pundits have a go at Dykes when he gives back generic cliched answers. Journalism in Scottish football is as stale as the managerial merry go round. Fresh blood and a fresh approach needed.

Agree. It’s all too matey matey. Can’t remember the last time a manager was really challenged in a post match interview. 

18 minutes ago, Alan56 said:

Agree. It’s all too matey matey. Can’t remember the last time a manager was really challenged in a post match interview. 

The problem with that is the club could just ban you from the next match or make it at least very difficult to gain access to them . See sevco and the BBC and various managers throughout the years . 

34 minutes ago, Alan56 said:

Maybe because in general the managers know a hell of a lot more than the people interviewing them. It's fairly easy to spot a manager losing the plot, they start denying what the supporters have just seen.