Greenock Morton match thread

Killie Conman

7 minutes ago, Big G said:

Please please please get a goal scorer. 

You need to create chances for a goalscorer. 

Not something we did in abundance today.

A brutal watch. 

Why do we persist in pumping the ball long.?

The few times we kept it down we looked better.

Surprised at Polworth coming off looked most likely to create something. 

9 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

You need to create chances for a goalscorer. 

Not something we did in abundance today.

A brutal watch. 

Why do we persist in pumping the ball long.?

The few times we kept it down we looked better.

Surprised at Polworth coming off looked most likely to create something. 

We had some really nice passing and a few good opportunities first half especially first 20 mins. 
problem is we have a team in Morton sitting deep, leaves very little space to do anything.

when we went to 2 up top Robinson caused a lot of bother for their defence and we started winning second balls. 

I thought they should’ve taken Rory off as he was having a poor game but the change worked. Lyons did well and moved the ball a bit quicker than Mcginn was.

19 minutes ago, Monk said:

Same old negative s**te on these game threads. I’m not caring if we win every game 1-0 with the ball cannoning off Brad Lyons backside after a dodgy free kick. 
An “average” team that’s only conceded 1 goal this season. Think I’ll take it thanks. 

I think the "we need to wake up to the fact we are bang average" should really be "we need to wake up to the fact teams are going to put ten men in their own box against us all season". Going to be a slog - squad of players who aren't used to being in that position regularly. Encouraged that's there's still plenty room for improvement 

1 minute ago, mitch14 said:

I think the "we need to wake up to the fact we are bang average" should really be "we need to wake up to the fact teams are going to put ten men in their own box against us all season". Going to be a slog - squad of players who aren't used to being in that position regularly. Encouraged that's there's still plenty room for improvement 

This is totally how I feel. Especially at home it’s going to be horrible to watch. Teams at home might open up on us a bit but to be honest there’s not been much evidence of even that so far. 

Results wise we got another win and looks decent start points wise

Performance wise was Very much like the ICT game , as was a tough watch at times though there is enough glimpses of quality to have the hope when we really click things can improve 

Glad to see TW recognise our problems today was the weak central midfield area and Polworth struggling in the role behind the striker 

and his changes helped , hopefully now see Robinson playing off Shaw and to find the correct 2 for central midfield 

A very strange game indeed.

Arguably IMO our two worst players on the day made massive contributions to the win. I thought McKenzie was very poor all game and didn’t do anything we needed of him then bang right place right time and he gets the goal. Sanders looked an absolute bomb scare from the off then last ten minutes he’s winning headers and clearing his lines when we needed him to.

We lacked urgency for most of the game. Again our best moments came when we raised the tempo but we didn’t do it anywhere near often enough. We cry out for a striker then don’t make a decent chance for one. The game is there to be stretched but we’ve got five or six players all wanting to move into central areas on top of one another. We persevered with certain balls all game when it was clear they weren’t working. Far too easy for the CBs to deal with high balls to an isolated Shaw.

Euan Murray played very well. Comfortably man of the match. Keeper made a number of good saves but I didn’t think he looked as confident as he has previously. There were shoots of positivity that a partnership could develop between Shaw and Robinson.

Three points ultimately the most important thing. League tables at the end of the season don’t judge you on how you played.