Zach Hemming appreciation post

Dillinger

17 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

He's superb. 

I was one who thought we'd go back to Walker as he's here permanently but Hemming just performs the basics superbly well. Might be worth testing Middlesbrough with a bid of £50k in January in the hopes they've not been paying much attention. 

Be worth every penny! I like the lad as much as Bachmann! One got us Europe.

Hopefully the other will win us promotion 

On 6/21/2021 at 11:05 AM, skygod said:

Neil Warnock, talking about keepers in May, said that two out of three young keepers - Hemming, Sol Brynn and Brad James - would go out on loan and the other would be third choice next season.

At the time, Boro's top two keepers were Marcus Bettinelli (on loan from Fulham) and Jordan Archer.

Bettinelli is now at Chelsea and Archer at QPR. Boro signed Joe Lumley from QPR, Luke Daniels from Brentford and Dejan Stojanovic from St Paui on loan.

Hemming is on loan at Killie obviously and Brynn at QoS. James is the one who is still at Boro as envisaged by Warnock, albeit as fourth and not third choice.

Still with me? Lumley and Daniels under contract until 2023, Brynn and James until 2022. Hemming is signed up until 2023.

I think that makes it more likely that Brynn and/or James will be released before Hemming. It also makes it unlikely Boro will release Hemming for a nominal fee either in January or next summer. Who can tell though with Warnock, if he is still there.

I don't know how he's been performing but it might be worth keeping an eye on Brynn with a view to picking him up next summer. Stephenson will have an opinion on him.