Arbroath away

Bellman2010

Arbroath refreshments - 

Tutties Neuk is directly opposite the ground. Will be busy early. 
The Old Boatyard is on the harbour near the ground and operates as a bar restaurant. Very good fish and chips. All of the local restaurants have the best and freshest fish anywhere in the world. 
The Bellrock is about 200 metres from the ground on the same main road. Gluten free options and a huge chip pie serving pizza and other stuff too. Sit in with beer and wine.

Pubs - big Spoons in town. About 6 pubs on the road down from the railway station and onto Millgate - the road that leads to Gayfield. Saw 2 Accies fans rolling out of the 1320 bar at 2.56 on Saturday ?. Close enough that they probably made kick off. 

Any other questions, please ask. I'm in Arbroath every Saturday for my wee boy's guitar and singing lessons. 

2 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Five of us going up. Must do on the bucket list, I have looked at the stats is this the first time we have played in Arbroath since Feb 1990 If so the Berlin Wall was just down at that point

Feeling old. Peter Curran scored I think. 1-1. We had lost to brechin at home in fist game. Then this. Them Queen’s Park 1-0 defeat at hampden. Then it all changed.

3 hours ago, Killiefaetheferry said:

Arbroath refreshments - 

The Old Boatyard is on the harbour near the ground and operates as a bar restaurant. Very good fish and chips. All of the local restaurants have the best and freshest fish anywhere in the world. 
The Bellrock is about 200 metres from the ground on the same main road. Gluten free options and a huge chip pie serving pizza and other stuff too. Sit in with beer and wine.

Pubs - big Spoons in town. About 6 pubs on the road down from the railway station and onto Millgate - the road that leads to Gayfield. Saw 2 Accies fans rolling out of the 1320 bar at 2.56 on Saturday ?. Close enough that they probably made kick off. 

Any other questions, please ask. I'm in Arbroath every Saturday for my wee boy's guitar and singing lessons. 

I lived at letham grange for few years in late 1990s / early 2000s. Arbroath great place for pubs and pub grub. Old boatyard gets my vote.

1 hour ago, Killie alan said:

Absolutely remember going to hampden getting beaten 1-0....

Angriest I can remember a Killie support at a match. I thought the directors were going to be lynched! 

Not just because of the result which took us to the foot of the bottom division, but because the board was knocking back offers from the Fleeting consortium.

Edited by skygod

14 hours ago, Killiefaetheferry said:

Arbroath refreshments - 

Best pub for 50 odd mid afternoon?

12 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Feeling old. Peter Curran scored I think. 1-1. We had lost to brechin at home in fist game. Then this. Them Queen’s Park 1-0 defeat at hampden. Then it all changed.

Was at that Brechin game and I was at Arbroath away some time that season but the game I remember I think we won 1-0 and there were waves coming over the back of the but where we were standing?