Arbroath away

Bellman2010

19 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

Had a couple of Golf weekends in the last 2 months based in The Ferry. Great place and very friendly locals ?

We love it here. Anywhere in the Ferry is about 10 minutes walk to the harbour, castle and beach. 15 mins to Dundee or Arbroath. 1 hr 15 mins on the train to Edinburgh. Give me a shout if you come again. Where did you stay/drink? Fort Hotel?

1 hour ago, Killiefaetheferry said:

We love it here. Anywhere in the Ferry is about 10 minutes walk to the harbour, castle and beach. 15 mins to Dundee or Arbroath. 1 hr 15 mins on the train to Edinburgh. Give me a shout if you come again. Where did you stay/drink? Fort Hotel?

Jolly's this time round as couldn't get in at The Fisherman's. Fort still has availability for the game but think everyone too scared for another night away as gave them a list of courses I could have got for Saturday morning but no takers sadly. 

On 9/14/2021 at 7:04 PM, Killiefaetheferry said:

Arbroath refreshments - 

Tutties Neuk is directly opposite the ground. Will be busy early. 
The Old Boatyard is on the harbour near the ground and operates as a bar restaurant. Very good fish and chips. All of the local restaurants have the best and freshest fish anywhere in the world. 
The Bellrock is about 200 metres from the ground on the same main road. Gluten free options and a huge chip pie serving pizza and other stuff too. Sit in with beer and wine.

Pubs - big Spoons in town. About 6 pubs on the road down from the railway station and onto Millgate - the road that leads to Gayfield. Saw 2 Accies fans rolling out of the 1320 bar at 2.56 on Saturday ?. Close enough that they probably made kick off. 

Any other questions, please ask. I'm in Arbroath every Saturday for my wee boy's guitar and singing lessons. 

What is the public transport like for buses from Carnoustie to Arbroath and from Carnoustie to Broughty Ferry -every half an hour or thereabouts?

Myself and the Mrs, were married in Arbroath on a Hogmanay trip to Carnoustie for the New Year celebrations at the golf course hotel.

My daughter and son in law did the same a number of years later.

We are regular visitors to the area and my son is now studying in Dundee.

looking forward to this one, but may be driving this time, so may not get the full experience???

Canny wait for it.

Edited by Andy

17 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

Queens mate at game today says they have a beast of a man in Jon Noble up front who is their main danger.

I've been keeping up to date with Arbroath fans posts on P&B, as well as our other division rivals, they have been raving about Nouble. They reckon he is way to good for this level and can't see him being at Gayfield for long....

24 minutes ago, skygod said:

He's on loan from Livingston.

Before that, his career was all English non-league.

His older brother Frank is better known and is currently at Colchester United.

I know he's on loan but with the way Livi have been struggling for goals so far this season a good few of them seem to think he'll be back there come Jan.

His stats don't include his goal today or his 3 in 7 cup games....

1970660228_Screenshot_20210918-230148_FlashScoreUK.jpg.3b8623a52edf7b4173069197eeab0549.jpg

Edited by C4mmy31

I think this could actually be our hardest game so far. It’s also a home one for me. Arbroath have been astounding everyone. 

Being on the Friday night should be a benefit to us as historically Arbroath don’t do too well during the week as their players do double shifts. 

We really can’t underestimate the part the wind will play in this game. It’ll be completely different to anything we’re used to- and that’s not taking into consideration how well Arbroath are actually playing. They gave Dundee and Dundee United good games the previous few seasons, and they weren’t playing as well as they are now at the time. 

Plenty of pubs on the Westport/Millgate in Arbroath which is only a 10 min walk to the ground. 

Really looking forward to this one, but also very nervy!

Millgate Bar at the bottom of the road leading down from the railway station. Stuck my head in yesterday. Holds about 150. Pool room in the back. Dartboard etc. Anyone on the train, just head left down the hill and you will be at this corner after 100 yards. If you turn right onto Millgate, it's another 300 yards or so to the ground. Walked it yesterday with my wee girl and it took 6 minutes from the station to the ground. On the way there, you can go straight on if you want to glimpse the harbour and walk along the seafront to Gayfield. This would add about 2 minutes, if that.

6C786648-9E56-46BB-BBC7-D2F99100A8D3.jpeg