Arbroath away

Bellman2010

Will be travelling straight from work. A lovely 250 mile round trip on a Friday night as this is a ground not yet ticked off for me. TBF Killie played there last three years before I was born.

Arbroath are looking very good going forward having scored 14 so far. But they are suspect at the back and we have only conceded once. I think if we go and play like we have been away from home we have opportunity to get some goals and put us top and get the pressure on ICT vs QOTS. 

Nouble and McKenna the centre midfielder seem to be the main men. The conditions and the tight park and terracing could;d make it a bit more even. We will need to go there and win our battles.

49 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Will be travelling straight from work. A lovely 250 mile round trip on a Friday night as this is a ground not yet ticked off for me. TBF Killie played there last three years before I was born.

Arbroath are looking very good going forward having scored 14 so far. But they are suspect at the back and we have only conceded once. I think if we go and play like we have been away from home we have opportunity to get some goals and put us top and get the pressure on ICT vs QOTS. 

Nouble and McKenna the centre midfielder seem to be the main men. The conditions and the tight park and terracing could;d make it a bit more even. We will need to go there and win our battles.

This makes me feel old cause I can remember having a good bevy in us the last time up there...........bevy, a shot on waltzer at the shows and some loony getting knocked down following some after's with the locals outside the shows post match. Great days? 

5 hours ago, Panman said:

Yes still part time Dick  Campbell doing a marvellous job up there 

An outstanding job, they will probably fade over the season due to being part time.

I remember being ridiculed by a few on here when I suggested Dick could have been our next manager, I didn’t understand why and would be interested in why he wasn’t seen to be good enough for us.

I’m happy enough with Tommy Wight of course, just don’t think it’s right why certain fans look down on Dick Campbell. 

1 minute ago, Guard Lane said:

An outstanding job, they will probably fade over the season due to being part time.

I remember being ridiculed by a few on here when I suggested Dick could have been our next manager, I didn’t understand why and would be interested in why he wasn’t seen to be good enough for us.

I’m happy enough with Tommy Wight of course, just don’t think it’s right why certain fans look down on Dick Campbell. 

Hope they stay have a soft spot for as holidayed up there in the 70s and usually visit once a year but hoping killie come back with a 2 0 win and show intent why we are the favs to win this league.

14 minutes ago, Guard Lane said:

He's done amazingly well, and is definitely a great character. But there's a multitude of reasons why he wouldn't even be considered for a team like Killie. Other than a wee spell at the start of his time with Thistle he's never been anything other than rubbish with full-time teams. A lot of that might be down to his 'throwback' managerial style that probably doesn't sit too well with the modern full-time player. 

But the main issue being that he runs a successful business with his brother that eats up most of his week so would have no urge whatsoever to leave part-time football. 

6 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

McKenna was a stand out at Musselburgh in the juniors 5 or 6 years ago when I saw him.

He's been round the houses a bit but is probably playing the best stuff of his career this season at Arbroath

4 hours ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

He's done amazingly well, and is definitely a great character. But there's a multitude of reasons why he wouldn't even be considered for a team like Killie. Other than a wee spell at the start of his time with Thistle he's never been anything other than rubbish with full-time teams. A lot of that might be down to his 'throwback' managerial style that probably doesn't sit too well with the modern full-time player. 

But the main issue being that he runs a successful business with his brother that eats up most of his week so would have no urge whatsoever to leave part-time football. 

Your right, He’s a good fit for with a club like Arbroath. But managing a top club is a different animal. Different player characters. Different media duty’s . Different pressures and expectations. And that’s not dick Campbell. Horses for courses, 

25 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Your right, He’s a good fit for with a club like Arbroath. But managing a top club is a different animal. Different player characters. Different media duty’s . Different pressures and expectations. And that’s not dick Campbell. Horses for courses, 

Enjoyed this from last year 

https://youtu.be/qdDEQTp82T0