Arbroath away

Bellman2010

Not particularly, but  we haven't impressed me either ?. I'm hoping the way we are playing will pay off tonight. The wee triangles on either flank to create overloads leading to opportunities, the diagonals into the corners. Like you, I'm optimistic that tonight is the night when we are slicker, win our battles and dominate the possession. They do look slow on the turn, as I've said above, and we have a chance to win well, but we have also looked shaky at the back at times and they do have some attacking quality themselves in Low, McKenna and Nouble. I do think we will win but it could be a game where both teams will score. I'll take 4-2 Killie, Shaw to score, 4 corners each team and 2 bookings each team if you march me to a bookies ?

Edited by Killiefaetheferry

I can't get signed into P and B, but I see I've been picked up on my comment about O'Brien being slow - apparently it's a 'mental shout'. Fair enough, the poster has been watching the guy in the flesh and I've only seen highlights of QoS squandering numerous chances from balls in behind him, but we'll see. Still think Shaw will be rubbing his hands. The kind of ball that Burrell played in for our goal at Palmerston is the type of ball O'Brien doesn't seem to have the pace on the turn to deal with. Although Van Dijk would have struggled with that one tbf ?

53 minutes ago, Killiefaetheferry said:

I can't get signed into P and B, but I see I've been picked up on my comment about O'Brien being slow - apparently it's a 'mental shout'. Fair enough, the poster has been watching the guy in the flesh and I've only seen highlights of QoS squandering numerous chances from balls in behind him, but we'll see. Still think Shaw will be rubbing his hands. The kind of ball that Burrell played in for our goal at Palmerston is the type of ball O'Brien doesn't seem to have the pace on the turn to deal with. Although Van Dijk would have struggled with that one tbf ?

Tam O'Brien has been one of the most consistent lower league defenders of recent years. Season after season you have fans of teams that faced him rave about him and the general consensus was that he could comfortably play in the Premiership but is happy staying part-time. 

10 hours ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

It was a dangerous cross that Thistle couldn't deal with, but he doesn't do that anywhere near enough for my liking. FWIW I don't think we need to change the lineup and I'd start with Murray and McKenzie - just that for me Rory has offered more lately so should be the nailed on starter ahead of FM.

Surely you play Murray considering he was involved in the first goal at Partick, the week before he set up the winner, the week before that he scored a double against Falkirk. What else do you want your wingers to do. Armstrong is a decent player but there must be a reason he's not featuring. Rory suits this game tonight. 

2 hours ago, Killiefaetheferry said:

You can just see what’s going to happen here don’t you.....

2 minutes ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

You can just see what’s going to happen here don’t you.....

I'm sticking with him looking slow on the turn and that Robinson and Shaw will get joy if they're looking for balls beyond the back line rather than in to feet or the dreaded aimless high balls that, to be fair, O'Brien seems to deal well with. Will admit I'm wrong if his pace keeps us out tonight.

Its a tough fixture tonight and don't take it for granted that we will easily win this, Arbroath being a part time Club will raise their game , As they will see us as a free hit, It will be a game were we have to win the phisical battle before our player quality is allowed to show. I think it might be like the Thistle game, I expect them to fly out the blocks and us to sit deep and hit direct balls, Perhaps until they tire.

Someone said play Armstrong in place of MacKenzie ,I Don't see that as an option, In a game like this we cannot play both Murray and Armstrong together, Perhaps at home in a game we expect to dominate, But it would make us weaker defensively  on both wings in this game, MacKenzie's workrate and determination is needed more then the flair of Armstrong.

If we press them and play like the Thistle 2nd half i can see (hopefully) Them making mistakes as the get tired.

They big fella upfront is perhaps the kind of player we have not came up against so far, Be interesting to see how our centre backs combat a different threat.

A win would be a good result against a Team who at the start of the season we would have suggested be around the bottom of the League, I think their Team spirit might be whats got them so good results and perhaps if we do win , Then perhaps their form might suffer.

Two side with very impressive goals against record , Suggests a low score.

Their biggest asset is Nouble on loan from Livi. I was at the QOS - Arbroath game on Saturday. In terms of leading the line, with power, skill, link up play and all round nuisance to a defence one of the best performances I have seen from a lone striker in years. Killie defence will need to keep an eye on him. He will be a handful.  

Arbroath are very strong here and physical througjt out the team. 

This won't be an easy game tonight. 

Edited by Steppskillie