Jags Match Fred

CB

23 minutes ago, bgb02burns said:

We created nothing except a long punt from the keeper. 

penalty Rory run through a gap and then stupid tackle on Robinson. Was not even a chance yet. 

own goal was jags calamity. 

there was no passing or decent play. The fact we won does not mean we looked pretty awful against a rank team. 

midfield was terrible and did nothing to create anything all game. 

very poor and I prefer a win and happy we have but if we lose that game or win it comments are the same. 

For the investment in this team that is just pish. We were given all the space in the world to play and did not. 

give me examples of link up play because I remember none. Long balls, picking up loose passes or winning the ball off of terrible Patrick players. 

There left back looked good and that was about it. 

We did not win because we earned it. We got lucky. All those that say we being negative cause we won are missing the point that we got better players and not seeing anything good. 

Partick were simply awful and if we had played any way sort of decent we should have tanked  them in double figures. 

They gave us space to play and did not ever look dangerous. They were terrible and we were not any better.

Can someone please realize that these teams are not good and with some tactics we should actual create chances.

We were not good at all, they were awful. 

shaw bar a great finish was terrible. Midfield is the problem. 

why are people saying Alston was good? We had nothing creative in midfield at all. 

Get the ball to Robinson more was all I could have asked for. 

Happy we won but seriously questioning continued lack of tactics by manager. 

Euan Murray as usual was immense and got to give Brandon credit too, very solid on the left. Euan was too deep IMO. 

other than saying we won, clean sheet, etc. Anyone actually see good play?

personally was disappointed with Rory again. He has started to realize he can run at players of this level at least. Still wanted Armstrong.

Thought McGinn was poor and yes we have a good defence even if Naismith looked off the pace 

Apart from all that u were quite pleased with how the game went

A great three points particularly after the penalty save. Didn’t have time to dwell on it because we were in front just over a minute later and Oli Shaw's cracking goal will help his confidence.  What a difference Hemming makes, no hesitation, decides what to do and does it. Much maligned Haunstrup had a good game, Rory was non-stop in their faces and Robbo worked his socks off.  The midfield is still a bit hit and miss at times, we probably gained more by playing the ball long and letting their defence make mistakes which they frequently did. 

11 minutes ago, Sandman396 said:

He was very impressive in his time on the field

He certainly adds some decent energy to our side. He missed a couple of sitters - one particularly bad - against Falkirk but I like that he gets about in both penalty boxes. Not comparing to any of these players in ability, but in style reminds me of a Liam Kelly or Craig Bryson type. Been ages since we had someone with the energy to play that kind of role.

Thought we were excellent today. 

Disappointed how we started, thought Jags got on the front foot quickly and we didn't do enough to stop them. We werent hunting folk down in twos out wide, we were allowing crosses, conceding chances. You start games like that you're asking for dropped points. 

Thankfully we were able to relieve the pressure by starting to execute our own plans, which seemed to be balls over the top - not aimless hoofs, but well placed passes. Robinson had a great game, thought he took the first of these well, and don't know how he hasnt scored. Him and Shaw then linked up well - the feet from OS to get in the box were fantastic, again how he hasnt scored is a mystery! Murray was also very unlucky with his chance. 

Second half I thought the instructions were clear, get the full backs and the wingers hunting in packs and stopping folk from getting down the channel in the first place. We werent giving them anywhere near the same opportunity to get wide and get a ball in. Often we were winning the ball back in the middle or restricting Thistle to turning back and passing it around the middle or back, which was a big improvement. 

Got more on the front foot through the likes of Rory and Robinson. Robbo did well to win us the pen. TW right to choose Shaw as we want him off the mark but christ it was a honking pen and a worse rebound. Great play Robbo to get us the OG not long after. As for Shaw's wonderstrike, what a way to follow up a missed pen! 

My wee boy has been going for about 6 years now and I'm struggling to think of a better goal he has seen in the flesh. Keen to see a replay, they dont come much sweeter than that. 

Thought the subbies off the bench were good too. Saw a debate the other day about best squad in the division and think on today's evidence it has to be us. Good options off the bench with the likes of Burke, Stokes and Burrell still to come back. 

Few pints in Wintergills before and after the game then a pizza on train down the road... if Carlsberg did Saturdays 

Edited by Dillinger

Really enjoyed that today. Night and day from our last two home games. 

brilliant to watch a game where both teams want to attack each other. 

I think our pitch doesn’t help the way we want to play and today you could see that with the bigger grass park. It is what it is but we may have more joy on the road in terms of opening teams up.