Jags Match Fred

CB

(Really enjoyed that today. Night and day from our last two home games.)

That's the difference  playing away from home. The home team has to try and come out and win the game. And not just sit in and counter attack their for its easier for us to break them down.

13 hours ago, bgb02burns said:

We definitely sat deep and hit long balls. Wether this was a good tactic on purpose I will need some convincing. We done this too often in all games. 

Thistle were horrendous is the only thing that was obvious. 

I did agree that Rory at least figured out he can run at defenders with affect. 

It was definitely a tactic as when the ball wasn’t hit long behind their fullbacks TW was out on the touch line telling the player where to pass the ball.  Foster and the other Thistle fullback were playing high up the pitch leaving Thistle with two central defenders at the back against Shaw and Robinson. The balls weren’t aimless punts they were down the outside channel to expose the two central defenders when the Thistle fullbacks were advanced. Hemings was also looking for the same pass. Tactics were spit on and it’s obviously a weakness the coaching staff noticed in how thistle play. 

Don’t think Thistle we’re horrendous either. They were competitive in midfield and made things difficult for us. Tiffoney and the Turner are decent players and they have lots of experience from Brannigan, Graham and Foster. 

We were the better team. Thought it was a competitive game. 

Edited by MarkyMark

13 hours ago, skygod said:

I don’t know why people can’t just keep quiet, or tut, instead of dishing out abuse to players.

Do they think it makes them look big? Or knowledgable? It certainly doesn’t make them look like supporters.

I didn’t see the game today but Naismith has generally been a disappointment for me this season.

I know some people have their heads turned by the few goals he’s scored but, those apart, I’ve felt that he’s been one of the weaker links in the chain.

How many games do you actually attend in a season? What the fans shout at the players is no different to any other football ground I’ve ever been to all over Europe. In fact, it’s pretty tame in comparison. 

1 minute ago, skygod said:

I’m talking about football fans in general, not just Killie.

Booing and barracking is much less motivational than supporting.

Personally I think it’s fine to get frustrated and show that frustration at players/team….all clubs fans do this, it’s part of football. I draw the line at idiotic booing and personal abuse of our own players, really don’t get that. 

Thistle were on top in the first 25 minutes of so helped by our midfield not really offering much protection , but thistle like a lot of teams in this league do not have that higher quality of end product or forwards that we usually face in Premiership, and we now at last have a very competent keeper ……

And when we did improve towards half time and then noticeably so just after a few HT words and tweaks to our play in the second period we dominated the game and it was apparent the extra quality we now have in forward areas compared to others in this league .

Do feel this team still can improve in other areas  , but we now have a front 2 that should win us a lot of points, Robinson is a very experienced and clever player both in his movement and how he can win balls even against much taller defenders, and with Shaw adding that pace and hopefully both can give us a consistent goal threat in this league , 

2 hours ago, Fudger said:

Personally I think it’s fine to get frustrated and show that frustration at players/team….all clubs fans do this, it’s part of football. I draw the line at idiotic booing and personal abuse of our own players, really don’t get that. 

I also think think it’s fine to comment on a player’s ability or lack of. That’s fair game. I don’t agree with personal abuse. The only personal abuse I heard yesterday was aimed at Iain McColl but it was water off a duck’s back. 

9 hours ago, killie89 said:

The fans behind me were actually booing Haunstrup every time he touched the ball during the first ten minutes yesterday. It was moronic and totally undeserved as well.

I’m not his biggest fan. In fact I think he’s been more often than not extremely poor in most matches. Yesterday was not one of those days. He was excellent and if he can maintain that kind of form he will start to get supporters onside i’m sure. 

Edited by Bullitt

Enjoyed that yesterday. Sunny day and several beers in Ashton lane before the game probably helped but enjoyed the performance. Agree the strike partnership looks exciting and promising that shaws head did not go down after penalty miss. Defence looked pretty solid and if we can get a  settled partner for Ewan Murray we should be good in that department. Central midfield only area I would tweak. But all in all a pretty good start and signs we gett8ng better.

Real test on Friday night. Tight ground under the lights. Wind blowing and opposition in form. We’ll learn something about where we are at then. 

Good performance away from home a vital 3 points with ict dropping points Alston was good Euan Murray was good to be fair he’s been brilliant since he came into the club I’m glad shaw got his goal need to give robbo a special mention I thought he was brilliant his work rate was good gets us a penalty and does brilliant in the build up to Shaws goal by pinning the defender really intelligent footballer that makes us a lot better when he’s in the team