Davie Provan

skygod

17 hours ago, Fankle said:

I remember going to Ibrox as a nipper for the 1978 cup quarter final. My uncle said to me in the car on the way up "look out for Davie Provan on the wing, he's Killie's best player."

Two minutes after kick off John Greig launched him three feet in the air and that was his game over, and Killie's ?

I was living in Strathclyde University's Reith Hall behind the Botanic Gardens then and a group of Killie fans from there made the trip across the Clyde to Govan that day.

Yip, that's exactly how I remember it.

1 minute ago, stewarty66 said:

It's not just Killie. 

I find him such a negative co commentator especially where Scotland are concerned. 

Ally McCoist was a breath of fresh air with Ian Crocker during the recent games on Sky.

Tbf Provan was and still may suffer from ME.

Totally agree with mcCoist point could listen to him all day .very balanced and knows exactly what to say and when 

49 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

It's not just Killie. 

I find him such a negative co commentator especially where Scotland are concerned. 

Ally McCoist was a breath of fresh air with Ian Crocker during the recent games on Sky.

Tbf I still suffer from Provan

16 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

It's not just Killie. 

Dont think having ME is an excuse for the drivel he spouts tbf.

22 hours ago, KA9Killie said:

Any time I heard him on the radio, Provan only seemed interested in talking about Celtic and Rangers. At least Gordon Smith generally talked quite affectionately about Killie even though he was a Rangers fan and there seemed to be some devious shenanigans about his transfer when he left us.  By contrast, it doesn't sound like the board or the legendary Davie Sneddon were too bothered to lose Provan, accepting a bid before the player even knew about it, then offering him a lift to Glasgow ?

Not quite True. Dad was raging at the way it was done.

21 minutes ago, CBFC said:

I should also add for clarification, that it was the board that accepted the bid, not Dad. Also, Provan lived in Port Glasgow. Why would Dad offer him a lift to Parkhead?

Provan is a prick, and by the looks of it from the Story also a liar and a sneak.  Yer old boy was the absolute opposite as far as every Killie fan will ver be concerned, a gentleman and a legend of a player.

On 9/19/2021 at 4:11 PM, gdevoy said:

I was living in Strathclyde University's Reith Hall behind the Botanic Gardens then and a group of Killie fans from there made the trip across the Clyde to Govan that day.

Yip, that's exactly how I remember it.

I was in that hall but I only knew one other Killie fan. Did round up a few mates to go to the game and ended up with a sh*tty view from the corner