Arbroath Match Fred

CB

Anyone else want us to copy Arbroath tactics? They have a nice balance of direct ball into the channels for the big man and passing it about the middle. We need to change something in midfield. We really started losing more and more battles as the half went on. 

I am enjoying Arbroath but we are getting worse and worse. 

Haunstrup and Euan Murray are about the only pass marks. 

Anyone else could come off. 

I might be tempted to put Cameron on as he is the best hold up striker we have and might make a difference. Shaw been really poor. Robinson and Murray just not had enough ball. Rory, Lyons and Blair all awful. 

As bad as McGowan been might actually bring on Sanders and put him in midfield where he does not need to face Nouble. 

Something needs to change at half time. Alston and Shaw for me. McGinn and Cameron. 

FYI Arbroath second half team too, lol. Arbroath are such a breath of fresh air after the negative bulls**t we seen from every other team. 

1 minute ago, bgb02burns said:

Anyone else want us to copy Arbroath tactics? They have a nice balance of direct ball into the channels for the big man and passing it about the middle. We need to change something in midfield. We really started losing more and more battles as the half went on. 

I might be tempted to put Cameron on as he is the best hold up striker we have and might make a difference. Shaw been really poor. Robinson and Murray just not had enough ball. Rory, Lyons and Blair all awful. 

As bad as McGowan been might actually bring on Sanders and put him in midfield where he does not need to face Nouble. 

Something needs to change at half time. Alston and Shaw for me. McGinn and Cameron. 

FYI Arbroath second half team too, lol. Arbroath are such a breath of fresh air after the negative bulls**t we seen from every other team. 

So much of this post is just mince

4 minutes ago, bgb02burns said:

Sometimes you just need to step away from your computer fella ....

3 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Both centre backs jittery and yet each have saved a certain goal.

Lyons showing lots if energy but a bit of a headless chicken. The worry is we made little attempt to play much constructive football.

Positives are we didn't concede and both fullbacks doing well.

Our front two are different class at this level. If we create something decent we'll win.

Naismith been awful and done zero to help and protect McGowan and nothing going forward. I been kind of hoping Hodgson comes in as an upgrade. Brandon looks so solid, I cannot believe he the player everyone abusing early on.

The more I think I want Lyons off, but Alston too, and Still think might be a game for Cameron but central midfield is our major issue right now unless we do something weird like go diamond in midfield with two up top and Robertson in behind.   

McGinn

Rory       Alston 

Robinson

Cameron   Shaw

Not going to happen but fun thought.

Arbroath are a good team, with good players and a very, very canny manager. All this pish about expecting us to sweep them aside is entitled nonsense. Fans of other Championship sides know they’re a serious threat. 

And like it or loath it, it’s very clear that Wright thinks the long ball is a legitimate tactic that suits the players we have. He clearly wants us to get the ball into the attacking third as quickly as possible and we might as well get used to that quickly. I don’t see it changing anytime soon. 

I’ll very happily take a 1-0 win with a scrappy goal right now. They’re a very decent outfit. 

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

Arbroath are a good team, with good players and a very, very canny manager. All this pish about expecting us to sweep them aside is entitled nonsense. Fans of other Championship sides know they’re a serious threat. 

And like it or loath it, it’s very clear that Wright thinks the long ball is a legitimate tactic that suits the players we have. He clearly wants us to get the ball into the attacking third as quickly as possible and we might as well get used to that quickly. I don’t see it changing anytime soon. 

I’ll very happily take a 1-0 win with a scrappy goal right now. They’re a very decent outfit. 

Nobody is saying we should be sweeping them to the side for christs sake. I just want to see us show at least as much footballing ability, this hoofball is utterly embarrassing 

1 minute ago, Killie lad said:

Nobody is saying we should be sweeping them to the side for christs sake. I just want to see us show at least as much footballing ability, this hoofball is utterly embarrassing 

I reckon I’ll decide how embarrassed I am after the game’s over. 

Right now, I fancy us to win 1-0. And I’d take that all day long.