Arbroath Match Fred

CB

Top for 24 hours woohoo. Anyone thinks that's an acceptable performance or standard of football should stick to watching junior football. And for those who say we shouldn't expect to beat part-time teams, I'd ask what's the point of the highest budget in the league and arguably the most experienced & successful manager ( how much does he get paid compared to Dick Campbell?). That tonight is f**king unacceptable and I feel sorry for those who travelled. Last thought Joel Nouble is only 4yrs older than Innes Cameron. Let that sink in. 

1 minute ago, cammy2012 said:

Top for 24 hours woohoo. Anyone thinks that's an acceptable performance or standard of football should stick to watching junior football. And for those who say we shouldn't expect to beat part-time teams, I'd ask what's the point of the highest budget in the league and arguably the most experienced & successful manager ( how much does he get paid compared to Dick Campbell?). That tonight is f**king unacceptable and I feel sorry for those who travelled. Last thought Joel Nouble is only 4yrs older than Innes Cameron. Let that sink in. 

I wouldn't say the issue is expecting to beat them, it's the idea that we should smash them. Our famous team that finished 3rd got papped out of Europe by CQN! No divine right to smash anyone 

Shocking second half. Manager is loosing my goodwill with constant long ball tactics and nothing else. Wind ruined it only cause it was kicked in the air all the time. 

Why Murray and Lyons lasted all game I do not know. Alston was not good either but was much better than McKenzie on the right.

Lack of game plan and lack of alternate plans are my main issues. 

Pluses clean sheet, inspite of everything. Zemming, Euan and Brandon all pass marks. McGinn made a difference with 2 yard passes when he came on (sad but true). 

I guess TW does not trust Armstrong in a fight. 

My optimism yesterday was very misplaced/ 

12 minutes ago, Lorielus said:

But the strange part is although we've been playing direct in spells within games, we've generally also had long spells of play short passing football, particular around the corners of the box, which we've made no attempt at tonight, and I've no idea why as the game is crying out for it - every half chance we've made tonight has come from those moves where we've done that rather than the aimless launches where, on the rare occasions we've won the first ball, we don't seem to have anyone playing narrow enough to pick up the second.

Agreed. I’d love TW to invest a little more belief in some of these players to be more creative and make some decisions for themselves. We have a few that could be very capable. 

But first and foremost, the board and the fans signed up for Tommy-ball. This is what it looks like. 

It should also be said, Dick Campbell is one one of the most underrated guys in Scottish football. He’s a sharp guy who knows how to set up a team to play decent football. He shouldn’t simply be written off as a joker; he’s a very good manager. Nouble also makes a difference, he’s got the added quality that few Championship teams have. 

I’ll still maintain it, based on what I’ve seen, we’ll win this league. 

Edited by Travis