Arbroath Match Fred

CB

3 minutes ago, heynow2005 said:

I wouldn't say the issue is expecting to beat them, it's the idea that we should smash them. Our famous team that finished 3rd got papped out of Europe by CQN! No divine right to smash anyone 

I'd settle for 3 consecutive passes on the ground. I think that would be a good starting point for what is considered acceptable for a team that is comfortably the best paid team in the league

Edited by Killie lad

2 minutes ago, heynow2005 said:

That was pretty poor . Don't think we have any right to walk over Arbroath and they probably would have deserved it if they nicked a winner but at least we didn't lose and are top. Going to have games like that this season and important not to capitulate like we would have last season 

Every game I’ve watched has been more or less like that. We are stinking and I think I’ve got better things to do than watch much more of that. Complete and utter pish from beginning to end. I’m not going to single out players for stick. Hemming and E Murray get pass marks that’s it. 

Alston , McGinn, Lyons , Polworth ……….all been given a chance so far but jury still out IMO 

If we are to get top place badly need better from central areas and to find the right combination in central midfield that gives us both protection for our defence and a platform in tougher games to get more possession and control of games

Edited by Scouser2

1 minute ago, Killie lad said:

I'd settle for 3 consecutive passes on the ground would be a good starting point for what is considered acceptable for a team that is comfortably the best paid team in the league by a mile 

Yeah I'll agree I'm not a fan of the long ball every time . Especially with wind behind it just kept playing it back to their keeper. Wish we would change it up a bit 

2 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Anybody that thinks that will finish top is seriously delusional.

Arbroath were pub team standard and we struggled to contain them for 90 minutes. They controlled most of the game and we were an embareasment.

We were dreadful tonight but Arbroath have been pumping teams recently. I don't think a point away to them is cause for much delusion. 

1 minute ago, Travis said:

But first and foremost, the board and the fans signed up for Tommy-ball. This is what it looks like.

That's the part I do disgree on - surely if this was Tommy-ball we'd be seeing it in all games?  While there certainly have been spells within games we've gone long (and also suffered from "cross and pray" early on), it's been fairly balanced between the "direct" play and the posession play.

So my question if I could ask it to Wright would be - why tonight?  Why demand an almost exclusively long-ball approach in the conditions that least suit it and stick with it when the players appear to be completely incapable of executing it.

1 minute ago, Scouser2 said:

Alston , McGinn, Lyons , Polworth ……….all been given a chance so far but jury still out IMO 

If we are to get top place badly need better from central areas and to find the right combination in central midfield that gives us both protection for our defence and a platform in tougher games to get more possession and control of possession 

Alston and McGinn have been pretty decent, the otyer 2 good in flashes, but also anonymous in more.

1 minute ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Every game I’ve watched has been more or less like that. We are stinking and I think I’ve got better things to do than watch much more of that. Complete and utter pish from beginning to end. I’m not going to single out players for stick. Hemming and E Murray get pass marks that’s it. 

I agree with that. I’ve seen more good WoSL games this season than I have Killie games. I’m not impressed so far. Maybe we’ll be glad of that point later on mind you.

1 minute ago, Lorielus said:

That's the part I do disgree on - surely if this was Tommy-ball we'd be seeing it in all games?  While there certainly have been spells within games we've gone long (and also suffered from "cross and pray" early on), it's been fairly balanced between the "direct" play and the posession play.

So my question if I could ask it to Wright would be - why tonight?  Why demand an almost exclusively long-ball approach in the conditions that least suit it and stick with it when the players appear to be completely incapable of executing it.

Brain dead is the only reasonable answer. 

How a manager with so much experience could stand and watch that dross for 90 odd minutes and we continued to play the long ball up to the last kick is very worrying. What was he watching? 

1 minute ago, Scouser2 said:

If we are to get top place badly need better from central areas and to find the right combination in central midfield that gives us both protection for our defence and a platform in tougher games to get more possession and control of possession 

Our strikers got hardly any service.

Midfield need to be better they offered nothing till McGinn came on. 

I don't get the Alston love in at all.

Too many Killie players showed up and expected something to happen without doing anything about it. Arbroath wanted something from that game far more than we did. They fought for everything while we were lucky to be second at times.

A massive must do better. I can accept teams playing poorly but not when it’s blatantly obvious the biggest difference is that the other team simply want it more than you.

Wright has to take responsibility tonight. The football was as poor as it’s been all season. We didn’t at any point adapt to the conditions. 

Just now, Lorielus said:

I think it is what we’re seeing the vast majority of the time though. 

The fact that he generally has Robinson, Alston, McGinn and Shaw playing it means that quality comes through over the long term, and we see their standard come through on flashes. 

This is the very reason I was against appointing Wright, but I honestly feel I need to move on from that and take the long view that it’ll still see us through in the end. I’m resigned to the fact it won’t always be pretty, but over the course of the season I think we can get better on the ball and start to make the quality of the players start to shine through. 

Disappointing one. Still feel Wright doesn't have the balance quite right in terms of using the squad to its best.

To me seemed a good game for Polworth and Armstrong as things went on. Drifted further out the game in the second half. 

I'm definitely not as concerned as others though - one goal conceded after seven games and a cracking keeper is a great base to build from with a whole new squad. 

Arbroath played it as a cup tie - our players need to get used to dealing with that most weeks. And our manager needs to be more proactive in allowing them to do that. 

4 minutes ago, Lorielus said:

Because he's a dinosaur?