Arbroath Match Fred

CB

1 minute ago, mitch14 said:

Disappointing one. Still feel Wright doesn't have the balance quite right in terms of using the squad to its best.

To me seemed a good game for Polworth and Armstrong as things went on. Drifted further out the game in the second half. 

I'm definitely not as concerned as others though - one goal conceded after seven games and a cracking keeper is a great base to build from with a whole new squad. 

Arbroath played it as a cup tie - our players need to get used to dealing with that most weeks. And our manager needs to be more proactive in allowing them to do that. 

In what way did Arbroath 'play it like a cup game' they played some nice football, defended well, showed actual footballing ability as they have done all season. 

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

I think it is what we’re seeing the vast majority of the time though. 

The fact that he generally has Robinson, Alston, McGinn and Shaw playing it means that quality comes through over the long term, and we see their standard come through on flashes. 

This is the very reason I was against appointing Wright, but I honestly feel I need to move on from that and take the long view that it’ll still see us through in the end. I’m resigned to the fact it won’t always be pretty, but over the course of the season I think we can get better on the ball and start to make the quality of the players start to shine through. 

I can see the logic of this but TW seemed to be satisfied.

The worry was the complete paucity of ambition. Tonight wasn't anywhere near what's required!

We never looked settled, rushing, poor decision making, hoofing the ball up the park to no one. Hemming over kicking the ball straight to their keeper is criminal, a waste of possession as well multiple times we gave possession away so easily from thrown ins. 

Have to credit Arbroath for constantly pressing us and stopping us from finding our rhythm. They were the much better team and were unlucky not to get all 3 points. 

Disappointing performance but happily take the point.

9 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Every game I’ve watched has been more or less like that. We are stinking and I think I’ve got better things to do than watch much more of that. Complete and utter pish from beginning to end.

Careful, you're not allowed to say these things!

If we fluke a 1-0 win with a late goal it makes everything rosy.

Winning’s all that matters - that’s the mantra! 

2 minutes ago, aldo71 said:

I was going to right a post about happy clappers and this fell in my lap. 

1. We have no right to walk all over top of anybody. But ffs have some desire . Have some tactics. Have some creativity. 

2. They wouldn't have deserved to nick it. It's a travesty we got anything out that, from their perspective. They deserved to win by 3 or 4 clear goals. Their keeper had ONE save in 97 mins, christ.

3. We are having games like this every week. No real tactic. No leaders in the middle. No creativity.  

4. We didn't capitulate tonight because we have a decent keeper , the only reason.

If any supporter is OK with that tonight ( we're top of league after 6 games , another clean sheet blah blah blah blah ) they clearly have no clue what they are watching. TW is responsible for that. TW is responsible for the tactics . TW put that squad together.  He had better change something and soon, because we're not going to keep getting away with BS performances forever.  For the love of God,  please let's not accept this . That has to be one of the most god awful performances in my 40 yr memory of following killie. Relatively speaking. Considering the different levels we've played and what budgets we've had . That can't be accepted as " a bad day at the office " . 

Things need to and had better improve 

Well said.  Here's a thought. Can these players survive a couple of defeats which will inevitably come? 

A culmination of odd long ball tactics we’ve been seeing for a while. When we actually get the ball down the 3/4 times in the game we create chances, totally lost as to why we look s**te feart to take a touch or pick a pass. Oli shaw unlucky not to score, Euan Murray, McGowan and hemming best players for us. Take the point probably a decent one even though I’m disappointed not to win, top of the league I’ll take it onto the next 

6 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

In what way did Arbroath 'play it like a cup game' they played some nice football, defended well, showed actual footballing ability as they have done all season. 

Friday night, under the lights, bumper crowd, beating us would be seen as a big scalp - they played it at the pace of a cup game and you could see what it meant to their players. 

We should have the professionalism for that not matter, but the game felt to me like umpteen Premiership v Championship Scottish Cup ties. 

Edit - not to suggest we looked a Premiership side, but that I've seen plenty Premiership teams go to grounds like that and create feck all. Hearts drew nil nol there too when they were in the championship. 

Edited by mitch14

• CB unpinned this topic

Arbroath work very hard so the first thing you have to do is match them but that drags the game into a battle which suits them. You’d like to think that our quality would show through but the conditions with the wind were also a leveller. It was a very competitive game and a decent point in the circumstances. 

Our decent players like Robinson just couldn’t get the ball down and play. Not convinced that Shaw is the answer to our goal scoring needs. We lack creativity without Burke and still would like to see Fraser Murray more centrally with Robinson but that would need our fullbacks to provide width. Thought Haunstrup  had one of his better games. Naismith didn’t do enough offensively for me.