Arbroath Match Fred

CB

Watched it on the telly with the wifey.  Says that's 2 boring hours of her life she'll never get back.  and I couldn't help but agree..........bunch of players running round like headless chickens.  I think about twice somebody actually put their foot on the ball and we strung a few passes together and almost scored. But dear god..........some of the booting up the park was absolute garbage.  Fingers crossed we can get back to Rugby Park and hopefully play some decent football.  

15 minutes ago, aldo71 said:

I was going to right a post about happy clappers and this fell in my lap. 

1. We have no right to walk all over top of anybody. But ffs have some desire . Have some tactics. Have some creativity. 

2. They wouldn't have deserved to nick it. It's a travesty we got anything out that, from their perspective. They deserved to win by 3 or 4 clear goals. Their keeper had ONE save in 97 mins, christ.

3. We are having games like this every week. No real tactic. No leaders in the middle. No creativity.  

4. We didn't capitulate tonight because we have a decent keeper , the only reason.

If any supporter is OK with that tonight ( we're top of league after 6 games , another clean sheet blah blah blah blah ) they clearly have no clue what they are watching. TW is responsible for that. TW is responsible for the tactics . TW put that squad together.  He had better change something and soon, because we're not going to keep getting away with BS performances forever.  For the love of God,  please let's not accept this . That has to be one of the most god awful performances in my 40 yr memory of following killie. Relatively speaking. Considering the different levels we've played and what budgets we've had . That can't be accepted as " a bad day at the office " . 

Things need to and had better improve 

Couldn't agree more. Points total isn't the issue for me I'm pretty happy with that. The performances on the whole have been an embarrassment at this level

Edited by Killie lad

4 minutes ago, Travis said:

Agreed. I’d love TW to invest a little more belief in some of these players to be more creative and make some decisions for themselves. We have a few that could be very capable. 

But first and foremost, the board and the fans signed up for Tommy-ball. This is what it looks like. 

See, I have never been convinced by Wright. I still maintain he was at least in part culpable for taking us down in the first place. He seemed particularly stubborn in his team selections towards the end of the season when we were sliding inexorably into the second bottom spot. It seemed almost wilful. He then presided over the feeblest, meekest playoff relegation since they were introduced in Scotland. It was genuinely embarrassing. 

This season he appears to be determined to assemble a team full of earnest huffing and puffing and entirely devoid of creativity and pace. 
There’s still time to bring in loan players and would love to see a playmaker in our midfield. Mind you, might be little point if the tactics are hoofball. 

2 minutes ago, Ken T said:

Don't believe for one minute Wright is happy with that. Defending his players publicly, but behind the scenes must be fed up watching this hoofball rubbish week after week

Because the players run onto the pitch and do that off own backs ?? Do you see him on the side lines going mental ?? 

2 minutes ago, Crocket said:

Point gained, clean sheet, top of the league, horrible conditions.....relax

We'd of lost that game in previous seasons.

We were far from good and we're second best. But we didn't get beat. On to the next game where we will defo be better.

??????? the ultimate happy clapping quote.  Jesus wept ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, Travis said:

Arbroath are a good team, with good players and a very, very canny manager. All this pish about expecting us to sweep them aside is entitled nonsense. Fans of other Championship sides know they’re a serious threat. 

And like it or loath it, it’s very clear that Wright thinks the long ball is a legitimate tactic that suits the players we have. He clearly wants us to get the ball into the attacking third as quickly as possible and we might as well get used to that quickly. I don’t see it changing anytime soon. 

I’ll very happily take a 1-0 win with a scrappy goal right now. They’re a very decent outfit. 

God knows how TW thinks that long ball tactics suits the players we have. In addition to being mind numbing to watch we barely won a ball in the air or picked up a second ball. Why on earth persist with tactics that so obviously aren’t working? 

Anyone thinking we’re gonna sign some creative attacking player in the next week or so are deluding themselves. I think TWs preferred style of play is starting to show through and it’s long and direct. The fact we have guys like Armstrong and Polworth sitting on the bench says it all really. 

It’s great we’re top of the league but I think we should prepare ourselves for a long season of performances like that as I don’t think we’re suddenly going to become free flowing attacking team

2 minutes ago, aldo71 said:

Because the players run onto the pitch and do that off own backs ?? Do you see him on the side lines going mental ?? 

Dunno, don't remember his tactics being this bad at Saints so was prepared to give him benefit of the doubt. But agree he was completely outhought by James Mourinho McPake so you do wonder

I can understand the way Wright defended the arseholes who got us relegated last season because he was lumbered.

This season it's his team and there are options to change things. He seems slow to do that and when folk perform ad dreadfully as (say) Fraser Murray they shouldn't be on the pitch for the full 90 minutes.

God one knows what that does for Armstrong's confidence. If he's going to keep giving misleading political type answers to questions then I ain't gonna waste anymore of my time listening.

The juries out.

Get a grip ffs. Yes it wasn't great but this myth that this is a part time team and we should be horsing them is ignorant. This isn't the seventies where part time teams have beer bellies and smoke 70 a day. These guys will have access to the gym, be into nutrition, probably go jogging (just like Kirk Broadfoot). Part time players also aren't necessarily in Scottish football bad players, probably better than some full time players. Danny Whitehall wouldn't get in that team. They are a horrible team to play against, and we struggled up there. They had the crowd with them, tight pitch, wind and gave us no time at all. For a part time team they looked the fittest team we've played this season. They never ran out if steam and were pressing us up until 97 mins. It was a good point. They are third for a reason. Again people on this forum obviously haven't seen Arbroath before this game. Teams in Scotland more often than not Assemble good teams not through a big budget but through building teams up through years. Dick Campbell has been there for 9 years. Not team outwith the big city clubs can buy all the best players in the lower leagues. 

Yes it was very frustrating but this championship is a horrible league. I for one am not enjoying it and the sooner we are back in the Premiership the better. We are doing fine points wise, we've only conceded 1 goal. Yes there is plenty to work on but we are getting results. Not pretty at times, horrendous to watch most of the time but the performances will hopefully come. We could have done what St Mirren and Patrick did when they came down. Thistle got relegated slightly unfairly and St Mirren nearly did before they came back up. 

Think we need a reality check. Incidentally here is a few results of note

Screenshot_20210924_215952.jpg.29223c1cdeaf3190d3aeef4e71ac1f25.jpg

Screenshot_20210924_220032.jpg

Screenshot_20210924_215911.jpg

Edited by kfc_superteam

Wright pretty clear in the Killie TV interview - unhappy with the performance, said to the players if we went long ball and matched them it would be a long night so he told them to be more bold on the ball

Disappointed he couldn't do more to change that as he watched the game play out. He needs to do more to get them out of that habit.