Arbroath Match Fred

CB

2 minutes ago, maxyboy said:

Well that’s it isn’t it, they were up for it and we never really looked like we wanted to dig in to win the game. Not many bigger teams that go down win every game on their way to the title, hearts, rangers etc all dropped points away at these kind of teams. It’s a mix of them upping their game to play us and us just wanting to turn up. I think it’ll be a good point come the end of the season but we’ll see 

There's a difference from the 'big team' pummelling lesser opposition all game  but not taking their chances and the wee team doggedly defending with a dose of good luck, than that performance last night. Arbroath were better than us and that's unacceptable. 

28 minutes ago, cammy2012 said:

There's a difference from the 'big team' pummelling lesser opposition all game  but not taking their chances and the wee team doggedly defending with a dose of good luck, than that performance last night. Arbroath were better than us and that's unacceptable. 

So were morton and so were inverness and qos a pattern forming 

3 hours ago, Pelesboots said:

Go back to the mid to late 80s and there will be dozens of worse performances.  It was horrific watching us in those days. 

Go back to the 81-82 season under Jim Clunie, when we won 6 home league matches out of 20 and the performances were in the main dire. 

Every week in the 1980s seemed to set a new low for performances and results.

It’s the nearest I’ve come to losing all interest. I was heavily into distance running at the time and Killie were a poor second.

I remember taking my wife-to-be to a home game against Forfar. It was the Saturday after one of those gallant-but-unlucky cup replay defeats against Motherwell or Hearts or Dundee Utd. I thought there would be a decent crowd but it was about 1,200.

She knew nothing about football and that was compounded when our young debutant left back Kearney(?) put the ball past McCulloch with no opponent near him.

“Aren’t they supposed to be kicking the other way?”

”Oh - never mind!”

And seeing the Inverness Thistle cup tie result in a television shop window in Durham. I stared at the TV for an age, thinking there must be a mistake.

Edited by skygod

57 minutes ago, cammy2012 said:

Yon big C.F. of Arbroath certainly made our defenders look like Ken Dodds Diddy Men. They hit the post twice and got a lot closer to a goal than we did

1 hour ago, cammy2012 said:

You maybe misunderstood me I totally agree I’m just getting at we’ve no divine right to be winning every week doesn’t matter what league. Need to earn it and we looked pish last night, I’m saying it’s a good point having watched the game as it was more than we deserved 

2 hours ago, Zorro said:

If anyone is being obtuse here it’s you. Imagine trying to compare getting performances out of a large, settled, if slightly underperforming squad, supplemented with internationals and multi-million pound players, with completely rebuilding a squad in a matter of weeks. You only have to look at SC record in the transfer market to recognise one is much harder than the other. £5 million players and internationalists tend to have progressed higher by having talent and being able to follow instructions. I could listen to what SC wanted me to do, it doesn’t mean I could do it. 

Ok then. Let’s remove the ‘£5m pound players and internationalists’ * for the sake of your argument and let’s place Steve Clarke in charge of the current crop of players. Do you think he might have effected individual player improvement within “10-12 weeks” against their hitherto “lifetime habits”? I think I might know the answer to that. 

* I appreciate it’s all relative, but since you brought it up, some of those players became internationalists as a result of his coaching nous

2 hours ago, Galdunc11 said:

My take on last nights performance and virtually every one this season is the almost total lack of entertainment that has been on show. It’s generally been absolutely dire and the quality of football we have had to watch in general has been awful with the odd glimpse of decent passing football and good goals thrown in.

The excuse of a new team needing time to gel has long gone. I and most fans don’t think we have “ a god given right to get results” but I don’t think it’s unreasonable given the players we have brought in, to have a style of football that doesn’t involve passing the ball back to the keeper to launch it aimlessly forward or pass the ball along the midfield or defence then give it away as a game plan. I’m not referring to last night specifically btw but that really was dreadful from a team of professionals.

Fans will put up with that when you are top or not far off it but is that really how we want to, hopefully, win the league? 

I went to the Darvel v Hurlford Junior game as a neutral the other Friday night and for £7 admission saw 6 goals and had the chance to buy beer to sup while taking in the match. Yes it was rough and ready at times but I enjoyed my evening and felt I had got good value for money. I expect more from my Killie team and to get odd glimpses of entertainment from a side expensively assembled by current championship opposition standards isn’t really what I’m looking for. 

I stay a distance away from Rugby Park but go as often as I can and likewise to away games after many years of working on a Saturday, but the fare on offer under TW really is hard to watch and if I was a fan who wasn’t a diehard I really would need persuading to go and watch what seems to be the norm to achieve the goal of promotion.

I went to my grandson's last cup tie, it cost me nothing, there were 14 goals and I could eat and drink whatever the hell I liked. If you want to go and watch Darvel and think that's better entertainment then why don't you just get a season ticket for Recreation Park and quit making stupid comparisons that bear no relevance on last nights game? Diddy defenders equate to loads of goals, its far from always being great football.

2 hours ago, Galdunc11 said:

My take on last nights performance and virtually every one this season is the almost total lack of entertainment that has been on show. It’s generally been absolutely dire and the quality of football we have had to watch in general has been awful with the odd glimpse of decent passing football and good goals thrown in.

The excuse of a new team needing time to gel has long gone. I and most fans don’t think we have “ a god given right to get results” but I don’t think it’s unreasonable given the players we have brought in, to have a style of football that doesn’t involve passing the ball back to the keeper to launch it aimlessly forward or pass the ball along the midfield or defence then give it away as a game plan. I’m not referring to last night specifically btw but that really was dreadful from a team of professionals.

Fans will put up with that when you are top or not far off it but is that really how we want to, hopefully, win the league? 

I went to the Darvel v Hurlford Junior game as a neutral the other Friday night and for £7 admission saw 6 goals and had the chance to buy beer to sup while taking in the match. Yes it was rough and ready at times but I enjoyed my evening and felt I had got good value for money. I expect more from my Killie team and to get odd glimpses of entertainment from a side expensively assembled by current championship opposition standards isn’t really what I’m looking for. 

I stay a distance away from Rugby Park but go as often as I can and likewise to away games after many years of working on a Saturday, but the fare on offer under TW really is hard to watch and if I was a fan who wasn’t a diehard I really would need persuading to go and watch what seems to be the norm to achieve the goal of promotion.

I went to my grandson's last cup tie, it cost me nothing, there were 14 goals and I could eat and drink whatever the hell I liked. If you want to go and watch Darvel and think that's better entertainment then why don't you just get a season ticket for Recreation Park and quit making stupid comparisons that bear no relevance on last nights game? Diddy defenders equate to loads of goals, its far from always being great football.

3 hours ago, Galdunc11 said:

41 minutes ago, Stefanus said:

Ok then. Let’s remove the ‘£5m pound players and internationalists’ * for the sake of your argument and let’s place Steve Clarke in charge of the current crop of players. Do you think he might have effected individual player improvement within “10-12 weeks” against their hitherto “lifetime habits”? I think I might know the answer to that. 

* I appreciate it’s all relative, but since you brought it up, some of those players became internationalists as a result of his coaching nous

No. 

How many of them became internationalists within 10-12 weeks btw?

17 minutes ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

Garbage

It’s not garbage at all. They clattered him 3 times in the first half which nullified him in that game and has led to him being out for weeks. It was a different player every time and was totally intentional on their part. I don’t think we put a single challenge in on Gardyne the whole game.

Edited by killie89

2 minutes ago, killie89 said:

It’s not garbage at all. They clattered him 3 times in the first half which nullified him in that game and has led to him being out for weeks. It was a different player every time and was totally intentional on their part. I don’t think we put a single challenge in on Gardyne the whole game.

I think that's a pretty fair assessment.