F. Murray

LH31

1 minute ago, kfc_superteam said:

He always checks back when running at a defence. Also haven't seen much of Armstrong either

Is this tactical? It’s been noticeable in a number of our players playing in wide areas. No one seems to want to hit the byline. Murray gets so far but always looking to get inside on his right. The two fullbacks will go to a certain point but never seem to fully commit to the overlap. 

Very inconsistant and if i knew i playing against him i would scare him early. He looks like a boy against men and needs confidence. I would have him play in home games were we are expected to dominate. This long ball stuff in no way suits him. Last night even when he tried to win a 60/40 he bounced off the player.

Thing is his end product could be very good, I have seen him send over quality crosses while having three players around him, Bring the ball down in the box whith two bigger defenders close to him. He has the skills, But needs to bulk up or get nasty.

1 hour ago, piffer said:

Is this tactical? It’s been noticeable in a number of our players playing in wide areas. No one seems to want to hit the byline. Murray gets so far but always looking to get inside on his right. The two fullbacks will go to a certain point but never seem to fully commit to the overlap. 

There’s statistical evidence that crosses from the byline are a pretty ineffective attacking option. 

I think we need competition on the left.

He's got a lot of potential and I'm glad we got him.  He has had an influence on games but he drifts out of them too often. 

He is getting away with turning in poor performances and is still getting a game as we have no one in direct competition.

Window's not closed yet, though. 

Edited by Mogwai

3 hours ago, Mogwai said:

I think we need competition on the left.

He's got a lot of potential and I'm glad we got him.  He has had an influence on games but he drifts out of them too often. 

He is getting away with turning in poor performances and is still getting a game as we have no one in direct competition.

Window's not closed yet, though. 

Wingers should be able to play both sides. Burke should be back in next week or so which will help but surely Armstrong can play either side. Maybe Burrell could be put out wide 

Murray had done ok so far. Not great. But fine. He’s not Burke but with the possible exception of gardyne, CB is the best attacking player in the league. There is time for Fraser Murray to develop into a decent player. Not time to move him out of the team for other players playing out of position. Think he will play a decent part in our success this season.

Armstrong is an option and Warnock is an option in midfield. Both have ability and I would like to see them get more game time. Let's see Warnock get a full half against Queen's Park and see if the excellent cameo against Falkirk can be replicated over a longer period. We are going to need options over the season and those two are options that we need to try.

So I was googling around to see if I could find out how much the average championship player gets paid (I was wondering if Arbroath might be better than we think and perhaps have some players who don't want to go full-time as they make more in their day jobs than otherwise would).

I stumbled across this glorious trivia:

https://salarysport.com/football/player/fraser-murray/

As we can see from this totally legit site, Fraser Murray is still at Hibs, who have been relegated, and is being paid £134,000 a week, up from £400 last season.