Sack Wright ***SACKED***

SaucyJackPirate

Tommy Wright got us relegated. He used his budget to sign a poor squad that at best is mid table championship calibre. He plays a terrible outdated style of football that will drive fans away. He is totally unable to manage a game mid match and is not getting results. He is not going to get us promoted.

Please just sack him now. Do not procrastinate when it's the obvious decision. Give the next guy the best possible chance to get promoted and get us back on track. To continue on the current path is wilful negligence.

1 minute ago, SaucyJackPirate said:

Tommy Wright got us relegated. He used his budget to sign a poor squad that at best is mid table championship calibre. He plays a terrible outdated style of football that will drive fans away. He is totally unable to manage a game mid match and is not getting results. He is not going to get us promoted.

Please just sack him now. Do not procrastinate when it's the obvious decision. Give the next guy the best possible chance to get promoted and get us back on track. To continue on the current path is wilful negligence.

He had 10 games to save us-failed

Two play off games against a mediocre Dundee team-failed

Utter dross so far this season-failed

His contract will be extended

don't think we've cash to sack him, 

the football is a hard watch, prob worse than under Alessio, but we looked more solid at back under him in division above, 

This is 100% a TW team he got a clean slate and was backed by board and he choose this slow & lacking of creativity squad were now watching, so cant blame previous managers for team he inherited, infact i think lafferty made it look we may have got a good manager by his goals winning us games last year, i find it hard to understand why a highly regarded St Johnstone manager went a year without getting a job...

2 minutes ago, trenwick said:

...he chose this slow & lacking of creativity squad were now watching....

Like others, I thought he would have put together a young, hungry team from signing the best up-and-coming players from the Championship, maybe League one and Premiership rejects.

The likes of Armstrong, F Murray, Shaw and Lyons.

I didn’t expect so many 29 and 30-something year olds.

Still, that’s okay if you get the blend right but we’ve been playing too many oldies for the most part. 

Not that 29/30 is old but when you have a team of them up against eager youngsters, we can lack pace and energy.

We need some of our own youngsters to get a chance but TW, despite his words, is feart when it comes to playing them. Even when playing QP and Falkirk in the Tinpot Cup. 

13 minutes ago, trenwick said:

don't think we've cash to sack him, 

the football is a hard watch, prob worse than under Alessio, but we looked more solid at back under him in division above, 

This is 100% a TW team he got a clean slate and was backed by board and he choose this slow & lacking of creativity squad were now watching, so cant blame previous managers for team he inherited, infact i think lafferty made it look we may have got a good manager by his goals winning us games last year, i find it hard to understand why a highly regarded St Johnstone manager went a year without getting a job...

It is a complete myth that Lafferty's goals won us games , unless you are including the cup games against Montrose and Stenny. If you compare the results against the rest of the bottom 6 , Ross,Dundee Utd, Hamilton,St Mirren and Motherwell.

Under Dyer there were 10 games ,we scored 16 and conceded 8 but managed 20 points, winning 6.

Under Wright it was 9 games we scored 15 and conceded 15 and only gained 12 points winning 3 games.

I am not saying we should have kept Dyer as the defensive play was mind numbing and going back to just hoping not to get thrashed by the 'big teams' was embarrassing. Right to the end the Bookies were saying we would stay up and County would be in the play off because of our record against the bottom half, even with money spent on a proven striker ,Wright still got us relegated.

I am really dissapointed with TW so far. I thought he got off the hook far to easily when he was unable to get enough out of a disfunctional but perfectly adequate squad to avoid the playoffs.

The performances in the playoffs over the 2 games were inexcusable. It was quite clear he got a big f**k you out of the entire squad.

Despite having seen nothing to inspire optimism and based on his reputation alone and Bowie's confidence I was willing to give him a chance to build his "own" team from scratch and even give them time to gel. Sadly his own team looked less business like than the squad he inherited from Dyer and they seem to be getting worse rather than better as time goes by. I think this is as much due to just getting found out rather that any change in standard. Other teams were approaching us in awe initially. The Arbroath game ended that. We are bang average for the division and there for the taking.

As has been remarked the keeper and strikers look adequate but the midfield is non existent and IMO the centre back defending has been a bombscare in the games I gave watched.

All of that said I cannot get onsude right now with the Wriggt must go chant. I dont think he can put a team together to get us up but until Bowie can identify somebody who can there us no point in changing just for the sake of change. Things could always get worse. Sadly on our current path of mindnumbing mediocrity at this level I can only see attendances slipping and a fairly substantial drop in ST sales next term. Something for Mr Bowie to chew on perhaps.

1 hour ago, trenwick said:

i find it hard to understand why a highly regarded St Johnstone manager went a year without getting a job...

He had some sort of deal with Saints that he couldn't manage another club in Scotland till at least November/December last year.

I don't think he'll get sacked, but I'm completely bored watching us

Sorry I really can not believe what I am reading here sack TW WTF !!!!

I was one who thought he was the best of a bad bunch that was named but to blame him for us getting relegated seriously ? He had to us eplayers that looked as if they didn't want to be or play at Killie and didn't give a crap what happened 

We may be the most senior and possibly "Biggest Club" in this  league but we are also the newest team in regards to player plating together and gelling, but also we are the OF in this league in regards to how other clubs play against us and that's a new experience for some of these players and they need to start adapting quick.

Building a new squad there is going to be players / positions TW thought were good and possibly now feels stronger is required and we also have been a bit unlucky with injuries especially upfront.

We are 5 points behind top spot which could be alot but also could be nothing. 

too many people think we should be walking this league blindfolded and not being realistic 

I wouldnt have minded 29/30 year old and older signings if they were any good; but they are mediocre at best.

Burns signed guys like McCluskey to get us promoted….. real football players who could change games and have young guys around them to do all the running.

we have neither

Edited by Berts Killie

I could understand this post if we were sitting in the bottom 3 miles off the pace and looking like a team more likely to be in a relegation battle than promotion fight. 

We might not be running away with the league as some thought we might, but we are 5 points off top whilst being poor for the most part. Sounds all very similar to the debate around AA not pretty but effective before he was sacked and we all know how that worked out!! 

I for one wouldn't trust the board to get it right with the next appointment thier track record speaks for itself.

Time to get behind TW and the team rather than boo our own players or at half time, that's the arse cheeks mentality! 

I think if we can sort out the middle of the park in the next couple games we'll see the team click. For the most part the defence has been solid and the strikers are doing what they are paid to do.

1 hour ago, DAVE_T said:

Sorry I really can not believe what I am reading here sack TW WTF !!!!

I was one who thought he was the best of a bad bunch that was named but to blame him for us getting relegated seriously ? He had to us eplayers that looked as if they didn't want to be or play at Killie and didn't give a crap what happened 

We may be the most senior and possibly "Biggest Club" in this  league but we are also the newest team in regards to player plating together and gelling, but also we are the OF in this league in regards to how other clubs play against us and that's a new experience for some of these players and they need to start adapting quick.

Building a new squad there is going to be players / positions TW thought were good and possibly now feels stronger is required and we also have been a bit unlucky with injuries especially upfront.

We are 5 points behind top spot which could be alot but also could be nothing. 

too many people think we should be walking this league blindfolded and not being realistic 

Biggest budget in the league. 

Has some merit in that us fans should be more optimistic and patient, but to counter that from games I’ve been too especially away from home the backing given to the team from their entrance into the park and well into the game has been loud and supportive, and yet in nearly every game so far the team respond to that positive backing and support by week in week out performing very poorly in the first 45 minutes………

So who is to blame for that as yet not improving? Surely an experienced manager and some very experienced players know setting standards and tempo from start of games is if high importance especially when playing teams like yesterday low in confidence

43 minutes ago, KFCSteve said:

I could understand this post if we were sitting in the bottom 3 miles off the pace and looking like a team more likely to be in a relegation battle than promotion fight. 

We might not be running away with the league as some thought we might, but we are 5 points off top whilst being poor for the most part. Sounds all very similar to the debate around AA not pretty but effective before he was sacked and we all know how that worked out!! 

I for one wouldn't trust the board to get it right with the next appointment thier track record speaks for itself.

Time to get behind TW and the team rather than boo our own players or at half time, that's the arse cheeks mentality! 

I think if we can sort out the middle of the park in the next couple games we'll see the team click. For the most part the defence has been solid and the strikers are doing what they are paid to do.

More or less where I am but I'm less optimistic it will be easy to fix. The players he has are the players he has.

7 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

Cheering won't make these useless players into footballers I'm afraid. The fact we started off the season well results wise,grinding out results and had the crowd behind them and still looked defeated the second the ict goal went in says it all 

They maybe "useless", but they are the players we have currently. What do you suggest we do for the rest of the season? 

7 minutes ago, Travis said:

I know it’s not universally popular, and a many fans don’t want to hear it, but I’m nodding along with all of this. 

The players looked as if a weight had been lifted when they got full, noisy backing from the fans at Firhill. But most of the time they look like they’re playing with fear that every little slip will be greeted with bowls of fury and grown men running down the front to froth at the mouth. 

We’re often told that it’s a ‘release’, that people pay their money so it’s the right, that it’s just the result of unmet expectations. 

And there’s plenty times when Billy Bowie or the manager of the day are told to stand up and take responsibility for all manner of things. 

But that cuts both ways, and fans need to be able to take responsibility too. You might feel better screaming your head off at a Killie player. It might be what you saw your dad or the older guys on the bus do back in the day. It might help get you through the working week. But let’s not pretend it ever does anything to make the team any better. 

Damn right the team could be doing better. As could the manager. But maybe we could a little bit too. We can either give the players the oxygen of belief and confidence or we can absolutely starve them of it. 

I like the phrase the oxygen of belief which is only partly true for the modern footballer . In many interviews just as many players state they don’t hear the crowd during the game as those that say they do .

To take away the right of your average football fan to vent their feelings towards a particular team manager or player who’s not performing as they like them too , will result in poorer attendances , atmospheres and action on the park . Studies have shown that this venting at sporting venues results in better mental health for the fan , and like you say helps them get through the week , but I disagree that it doesn’t help the team . Many a manger will have used it to motivate that player , or the decent ones should’ve . 

The nearest to your utopia was realised was in the game against Hibs at home when we lost 3v0 , the reason it happened was that the fans knew or more likely felt there was improvement to come from that team . You can’t seriously expect a similar outcome from what the fans are seeing from Wrights team ? 

4 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Has some merit in that us fans should be more optimistic and patient, but to counter that from games I’ve been too especially away from home the backing given to the team from their entrance into the park and well into the game has been loud and supportive, and yet in nearly every game so far the team respond to that positive backing and support by week in week out performing very poorly in the first 45 minutes………

So who is to blame for that as yet not improving? Surely an experienced manager and some very experienced players know setting standards and tempo from start of games is if high importance especially when playing teams like yesterday low in confidence

I’ve lost count of the times folk have mentioned we don’t perform in the first half. It didn’t seem to be such an issue with fans when SC’s teams did exactly the same. I wonder how they’d have performed if we’d started booing after half an hour and booed them down the tunnel at halftime? I wonder how long SC would have lasted if we were critical of the lack of first half goals?

I firmly believe if you were to ask SC what the secret of his success was, he’d tell you it was changing the mindset of everyone connected with the club. Making us and the players believe we could win anywhere. Making us and the players believe we could lose the first goal and still win the game. Making us and the players believe we’d still grind out a result when we were playing poorly. I think fans totally underestimate the importance of the mental side of the game. 

11 minutes ago, Ian_Postman said:

They maybe "useless", but they are the players we have currently. What do you suggest we do for the rest of the season? 

I'm just pointing out that if the crowd start to get on the players backs for these godawful performances that won't be the reason we don't go up. Zorro has been telling us "don't worry, just trust tommy" and now he's seeing how s**t they are and he's preparing his 'its the fans fault we're s**t' when it all goes wrong, despite the fact we've barely put in an acceptable performance all season, even when getting results and having the fans behind them. If we don't go up it's because the players and manager are crap 

Edited by Killie lad

4 hours ago, SaucyJackPirate said:

Is this why drinking on a Sunday used to be outlawed?