Pictures of old Kilmarnock

findis

Bank Street seems pretty well preserved. How many of you have ever walked around the town centre and taken in some of the architecture that remains!

Try checking out the tops of the old buildings around the town centre next time you're in town, you might get a nice surprise!

On 25/03/2016 at 9:22 PM, jasper said:

The demolition of Duke Street still rankles with me as the most purblind piece of municipal vandalism ever committed in Kilmarnock, helping to uglify a town which already had problems in the aesthetics department.

9 hours ago, findis said:

Duke street.Now the site of the Burns Mall.

268001.jpeg

Hard to argue with Jasper when you see that. Utter madness!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Part of the Sandbed used to be called Swine Raw, which I think would be a fine title for a novel. There is a photograph of it somewhere showing a short polygonal chimney emerging from a seed store. Does anyone have it, and if you do, could you PM it to me, please ?

12 minutes ago, jasper said:

Part of the Sandbed used to be called Swine Raw, which I think would be a fine title for a novel. There is a photograph of it somewhere showing a short polygonal chimney emerging from a seed store. Does anyone have it, and if you do, could you PM it to me, please ?

If you have Twitter or Facebook, get in touch with Frank Beattie he'd be the most likely to have it. https://www.facebook.com/The-Words-Works-of-Frank-Beattie-475344285963552/?fref=ts or https://twitter.com/mykilmarnock