Chris Burke - Different Class

Steppskillie

40 minutes ago, skygod said:

At the end of the match (8 mins), you can see him commiserating with Campbell and Arbroath players, the only Killie player to do so.

Proper gent.

I love the moment after the 2nd goal where he’s in ranting to mcinnes about how we see the game out when everyone else is celebrating. See it better in the official highlights.

Good luck to him if he wants to keep playing. Interested to see where he ends up. I’d be surprised if he got a Prem team Queens Park an obvious option. Maybe Dunfermline, Raith or Falkirk. Don’t see him as the type to travel to a Dundee, ICT, QotS at this stage of his career

He's been part of some great Killie memories and sadly one of the worst. Even though he didn’t feature as much as he’d have liked he like McKenzie was determined to set it straight and see us back up. For that we'll be grateful. 

Edited by piffer

I've said it before, but Burkie is one of my favourite players ever to pull on the stripes, just an absolute class act.

If we can replace him with someone who has half the talent, we'll be doing ok.

Easily good enough for a championship gig next season, and when he's on it, he'll be the best player in that division. Left backs all over Scotland will be biting their fingernails to find out where he goes.

All the best to him 

What an absolute hero this man was from roasting hickey, that goal versus rangers the 6 assists in one game, to the game changing performance to win us the league. To all the times he got every man woman and child of there feet as he would ghost past full backs as if they weren’t there. To every lung burtsting run he made to help his full back out and of course for every teasing cross he put into the box. He will be missed an absolute legend of this great football club and will be welcomed back with open arms.

Thank you burkie ?️ 

now I need to tell my 5 year old his hero is leaving 

8 hours ago, Max1869 said:

Sorry to hear that Chris is leaving, he could certainly do a good job for a Championship ream. Perhaps one that plays in black & white? No… not them, I was just thinking about Queens Park.

All the best Chris.

Can see him at Dundee Good luck Chris wherever you end up.

Truly a Class act right to the end of his current period at our club …….

so many happy memories of his time at Killie and was a real pleasure to witness them all including that Friday night in Kirkcaldy , which will live long in the memory, team mates, Management and other staff joining the fans salute to Chris Burke at the end and to see him appreciating it …….

Would it be an idea to raise a few pounds to buy a wee parting gift to Burkey from the fans ? In my long long time supporting Killie I have not seen many players who have gained the love and respect from our support the way the wee man has. Been an absolute credit to our club and a pleasure to watch.

• Lroy changed the title to Chris Burke - Different Class