Still Game

GrazyKillie

Just watched the first of the new series. Would give it a 7/10, started fairly slow and not so funny but gradually got better. Bathroom Scene was hilarious and the wee story about winstons brother gave a bit of heart they always have. Strange to see how older the cast look (maybe cause its HD), with Eric in particular. Obviously as hes an 80 something guy now.

But solid start to the series and its great to have it back on the tele, hope the bar patter improves in future episodes.

Thoughts?

Poor production values. Reminded me of the wrong turn Red Dwarf took in series 7. At least that was shot on film. This looked like it was shot on dv & had a filmic filter put over it in post. And what the hell was going on with the cgi? It was like going back to the days when the bbc owned the first Quantel Paintbox in the country.

The use of 'enhanced' laughter really ticks me off. If you're not going to shoot it in front of an audience, at least screen it in front of one & record that. And don't loop it over bits that just don't bring a natural laugh.

Writing? More misses than hits I'm afraid. Too much sit & not enough com for 'the comeback' episode. But the sheep will fawn all over it like it's Father Ted or something. 5/10.

Navid & mrs was OK. Some of the bath stuff was good. The rest was like watching drama. Because it certainly wasn't as funny as the enhanced laughter would lead you to believe.

I really hope it picks up as the series continues, as it would be a shame to waste this opportunity.

Overall I enjoyed it but it has lost a bit of bite. They wrote themselves into a corner with Winston losing his leg, hasn't done anything for the banter between the old guys and I don't think they know what to do with the character. The final part of the bath scene was all too predictable. Need more scenes involving Navid and Isa and Boaby.

9 minutes ago, Sandman396 said:

What a load of grumpy bastard navel-gazing s**te.

It was brilliant. Hit the right note and was literally breathtakingly funny.

I think too many folk in here feel that being a moaning faced Lillie fan needs to extend to every facet of their life.

You have my pity. 

Breathtakingly funny maybe a little OTT but it was very good in my opinion. Too many people seem to be lining up to take a pop for the hell of it. f**k me, CB spent more time writing a post deconstructing it than he did f**king watching it O.o

It sounds daft this but if you watch it 3 or 4 times you start to appricate it more and hear things you missed the last time. Still class but maybe.... maybe they could squeeze out another series then kill it. They are getting a bit greedy though. Another live show in Feb. £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

7 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

Much funnier last night. Hopefully keeps that up 

Yep. Should have been the 1st episode. 

Still don't like the production values in it. But, at least the content was actually funnier than last week's drama.

Perhaps they wanted to get the clunker out the way 1st.

second episode was good too, there's obviously still a big demand for this and it must be hard for the two guys to keep things fresh writing new material.

haven't watched The Simpsons for years but god knows how they manage it, South Park writers have it a bit easier being quite topical sometimes.

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:28 PM, Pelesboots said:

Funny how we see things differently, as I thought the first episode was much better than last nights.

I'll second that. I thought the first episode was brilliant and the second average.

Still very much worth and watch and far better than most comedies on at the moment.