Zach is Back (Out Injured till Late Aug ?)

Cill Mheàrnaig

HEMMING SEALS KILLIE RETURN

Kilmarnock FC is delighted to announce the return of goalkeeper Zach Hemming on a season-long loan from Middlesbrough subject to paperwork and clearance.

The fans’ favourite and Young Player of the Year for 2021/21 played an instrumental part in our Scottish Championship title win and returns to Rugby Park ready to face the country’s best sides.

Zach, 22, fully embraced life in Ayrshire during his first loan spell and he will continue his development in the top flight under the watch of Derek McInnes and new Goalkeeping Coach, Fraser Stewart.

On his return to Rugby Park Zach said: “It feels like not so long ago that I was here, I had a good summer and I’m sure all the boys did too and it feels great to be back with them. It’ll be good to get playing in the top league and see what it’s all about, and hopefully I can do as well as I did last season.

“I think my family settling in so quickly here and the real connection I made with everyone was one of the reasons that drew me back here, it feels good to be back”.

Derek McInnes said: “Delighted to get Zach back he made a big impression on everyone yesterday and made a big impact on helping us win the title.

“The abilities he showed was the attraction to bring him back, but the added attraction was how popular he was within the group. We feel with him, Sam and young Curtis we have 3 goalkeepers there who are at a level to bring that competition we want for every area of the pitch

“He is someone we kept in touch with over the summer and we are glad Middlesbrough see Kilmarnock as the next best place for him again”.

No brainer for the club Middlesbrough and hemming himself.

For us we’re getting a great up and coming keeper and know what he’s about.

for Middlesbrough and hemming they’re getting to test him at a higher level and play at bigger grounds and doesn’t have to settle in.

Only downside is feel sorry for walker who hasn’t really had a chance to impress. Fancy he’ll get some of the league cup games tho.

My concern is its another loan. Him resigning is a brilliant bit of business but He's out of contract next summer, what if he has an amazing first half of the season and with The Rangers requiring a new keeper next year will they come sniffing around Hemming.  I hope not.  

On a massive plus for the club, you very rarely hear players families publicly state that they love the club and people associated with it when the player is on a loan.  

8 minutes ago, Dave1981 said:

what if he has an amazing first half of the season and with The Rangers requiring a new keeper next year will they come sniffing around Hemming. 

Aye that would be a disaster, if our goalie has such an amazing first half to the season that Rangers want to sign him!

11 minutes ago, Dave1981 said:

My concern is its another loan. Him resigning is a brilliant bit of business but He's out of contract next summer, what if he has an amazing first half of the season and with The Rangers requiring a new keeper next year will they come sniffing around Hemming.  I hope not.  

On a massive plus for the club, you very rarely hear players families publicly state that they love the club and people associated with it when the player is on a loan.  

Could say that about any player at any club really