Kilmarnock FC director Russel Smith resigns from position on the board

BlueKillie

19 minutes ago, historyman said:

Can someone please post a link to this?

It is extremely disappointing that the committee of kfcsa has chosen to channel its energy and resources in such negative manner at a time when the club has increased season ticket and commercial sponsorship revenues and currently sits jointly in 6 place in spfl. The club has no bank debt and a positive balance sheet as it owns the stadium and fitness centre free of any form of security. This season the club should achieve a trading break even or a modest surplus. The media reports regarding potential new investment in the club and an offer to purchase my shares are inaccurate. The club has asked Chris mcmail for clarity on who the potential investors are and how mutch intends to invest. He has declined to supply this information. The directors are open to dialogue with anyone interested in investing in the club and recently completed a formal agreement with the Kilmarnock supporters society which envisages an investment by the society of 100.000 in new shares.

I sincerely hope that a "a recently completed formal agreement with the Kilmarnock Supporters' Society which envisages an investment by the Society of 100,000 new shares" is simply MJ spin.

If it's a lie then the Trust must out him as a liar.  If his interpretation is true (which I doubt) then the Trust should wrap it as it would simply be seen as another MJ supporter.

NO INVESTMENT WHILST MJ REMAINS!

There is no way that I will invest a a penny whilst he remains - NAPM.

Edited by Dennykillie

It is increasing difficult to believe that Billy Bowie has any interest in the wellbeing of the club whatsoever. 

What has he actually done for the club? If he has done some good things then why doesn't he tell the fans and get them on board?

He might not like the PR side of things but surely he must realise that with the total mess the club is in and the virtual civil war between fans and MJ he has to engage with fans?

Come on BB - talk to us, tell us what you are doing as chairman of our club and convince us that you have the club's best interests at heart. Your total silence is doing you no favours at all. 

2 hours ago, Killie alan said:

It is extremely disappointing that the committee of kfcsa has chosen to channel its energy and resources in such negative manner at a time when the club has increased season ticket and commercial sponsorship revenues and currently sits jointly in 6 place in spfl. The club has no bank debt and a positive balance sheet as it owns the stadium and fitness centre free of any form of security. This season the club should achieve a trading break even or a modest surplus. The media reports regarding potential new investment in the club and an offer to purchase my shares are inaccurate. The club has asked Chris mcmail for clarity on who the potential investors are and how mutch intends to invest. He has declined to supply this information. The directors are open to dialogue with anyone interested in investing in the club and recently completed a formal agreement with the Kilmarnock supporters society which envisages an investment by the society of 100.000 in new shares.

The truth...

Don't believe season ticket cash is up and certainly not commercial revenues.

No way we will be anywhere near break even.

The media reports were true.

Mj knew who the investors were as I was shown an email sent by MJ and he mentioned the investors by name and the amount they were investing in the club and he also stated in the email that if this was the amount of money being invested then he would leave.

The trust surely will not be investing that amount of money in the club but they should publicly come out and set the record straight.

Russel Smith has resigned as a director of Kilmarnock.

BBC Scotland understands boardroom unrest over the position of company secretary Michael Johnston was at the heart of Smith's decision.

It means only three directors remain on the Rugby Park club's board - Billy Bowie, John Kiltie and Johnston.

Smith joined a five-man board in March 2014 following a deal that cleared the Scottish Premiership club's debt, with Kiltie taking a seat in March 2015.

There have been calls for Johnston to move on, with shareholders saying his presence is hindrance to securing local investment, but the former chairman has stood firm.

An offer in the region of £1.9m for Johnston's shareholding last month is now off the table after he wanted to include clauses in the deal.

(John Barnes, BBC)

The trust should walk away from any deal now, as MJ is using their name to support his continued existence.

that is something the Trust must sort and quick.

i honestly believe if MJ banked 1.9 million prior to 2019, then he would have to hand most or every penny over to the bank.

He must be gutted he got this offer now and not once the shackles are off him in 2019.

if him and Bowie can keep us going til then(and I doubt this), I bet they sell up as soon as the clock ticks over to 2019, if anyone is still interested then.

It's been said before but it's time Bowie or John K let the fans know what is happening at our club. Russel, David can one of you not give an "exclusive" to the media about the running of the club ( or who exactly is running it, although we know the answer). We constantly hear that things are going on behind the scenes and to be patient but never any positive news, if we do we then get the mj spin on it. 

Russel who?

I thought he had left already, his influence being barely recognisable. Got to be asked, what did he achieve to the cost of his "family inheritance"? With all his supposed experience in fast food retail they can't even run a pie stall!

And that other one, Moran, who was working on the EGM that has went tits up!!

What the hell is going on? I cannot believe there isn't anybody out there who can actually do a job of getting rid of the parasite!