Kilmarnock FC director Russel Smith resigns from position on the board

BlueKillie

4 minutes ago, plunkit said:

Zorro...this is a full director position. All researched and done. Bears no resemblance to Dundee or any other token directorship. Simples 

So you'd have the same influence and constraints as someone like Russel Smith and MJ would have another £100k to tide himself over till 2019. I'm not convinced it's the correct path to take. 

If you take a place on the board and there's no positive change the trust becomes toxic. If you take a place and things get worse, the idea of fan involvement at our club becomes toxic. The only scenario you win in is if there's a positive change, and with the type of money you're investing, that seems highly unlikely. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, plunkit said:

Zorro...this is a full director position. All researched and done. Bears no resemblance to Dundee or any other token directorship. Simples 

But david Moran and Russell Smith  both had directorships and what a waste of money time and effort that was.

the trust should be distancing itself from the current shambles. As a trust member I am 100% against investing 1 penny in the current set up.

or am I missing something????

15 minutes ago, plunkit said:

I despair 

Why do you despair?

The way I interprete what you and the other members of the trust board have described is no different to the three directors who, from what one if them has said openly, thought they could effect change from the inside and subsequently were not able too and walked away!? 

Yes the director put on the board from the trust possibly can't walk away but how can you not understand/accept peoples reluctance to support a potential repeat scenario? Who knows the trust may have something up their sleeve to turn things in their favour but without knowledge of 'it' I believe people will always be sceptical of anything involving handing money over to the club which is ultimately MJ.

Also this is view has been raised by people well before today's articles so it's wrong to say it's another divide and conquer win for MJ.

It does seem strange, on one hand, to be organising a petition to remove Johnston and, on the other hand, negotiating with him to sit on his board.

The whole thing is a farce. We had David Moran saying that an EGM was inescapable and would be held in early August. The club (MJ) in written responses to supporters' questions, said there would be no EGM. And there has been no EGM and there is none in sight.

The board has been operating without a chairman for six months!

Johnston seems to prevail on each occasion. Petitions and protests are a demonstration of discontent but neither is going to remove him. We are hoping to oust him without full knowledge of the admittedly well-concealed arrangements which seem to render him untouchable.

It would help if Russel Smith, as someone said, sang like a canary. Maybe even he doesn't know what the full score is with Johnston. It is stunningly embarrassing that Moran, Mann and Smith came in and have now left one after another, more or less admitting defeat.

What sort of club is run in such a way that people who want to do their best to improve the club are thwarted by one man who has only his own position at heart?! He has lorded it over the club for eleven years, many of them as sole director and it is headed that way again.

I see from their statement that he seems to be leading the Trust a merry dance over due diligence. Surprise, surprise! My opinion is that any available funds would be better spent on using legal and accounting expertise to investigate the paper trail. If we know what we're fighting against, there is a better chance of winning.

Edited by skygod

11 hours ago, plunkit said:

I thin his point is that it will be akin to the position Moran and Smith had on the Board and they could not exert change or ifluence things. Why would this Director's position be different..... if i've read his post right

Why are some geting excited about the Trust when they have nothing like £100000 to invest to get directors place?  How they goin to get £100000 thell ask us to help Us who say no to helping MJ

1000 folk sign petition we need to realise we r a small group of unhappy fans

less than 200 folk in trust and they expect one day to own 51% of club. Crazy

Trust r all in cloud cookoo land and Plunkits patetic reply of "I despair" well we will here that again if they ever get £100000 and get a place on board 

need something else to tag onto for the future in my opniin

11 hours ago, Zorro said:

So you'd have the same influence and constraints as someone like Russel Smith and MJ would have another £100k to tide himself over till 2019. I'm not convinced it's the correct path to take. 

FFS a Malky would cost less than £100K,, (not that I am promoting or suggesting in anyway that this is a good idea of course - just saying!)

Tell you what, I despair when I read some of these comments as well, talk about not seeing the wood for the trees! Plunkit who commented above is a director of the Trust, I read elsewhere that he used to be a bank manager and now works for Scottish Enterprise as a trouble shooter for multi million pound businesses, sorry if I put a wee bit more stock in what he has to say than some of the 'expert' views on here. Come on guys, do they really have to spell it out for you? Plunkit is saying publicly what has to be said, that the Trust want to buy onto the board and give fans a say in how the club is run, regardless of what diddy is currently running the show. If he says any different then the Trust will be told to bolt and never get a chance to get a seat at the table even if Johnston gets moved - and then we are left with the same problems as before with the so-called business people making decisions that they are not qualified to make and no input from those who should know the football 'business' better. Is that what we want?

At the same time the obvious is staring us in the face without us having to be told, although it looks like some people need that to happen. The fund-raising initiative mooted by the trust (TIK?) to finance their seat on the board will only happen with the support of the fans. If the fans do not support it because Johnston is still at the club then the funds do not materialise and there is no seat at the table for the Trust. The fans are not going to support a fund-raising initiative when Johnston is still involved, that much is clear even from the statements on here, so logic dictates their will be no initiative launch until either that obstacle (MJ) is moved or until they decide to launch anyway with the end result now being a war chest scenario and the investment is withheld until the situation negatively effecting straight investment is resolved. In layman's terms the Trust is not going to put a washer into the club as long as MJ is there if their own members and the fans who they want to invest don't want it to happen. We're going nuts about something that won't/can't happen anyway. It really doesn't take much reading between the lines!