Kyle Connell

Charlies PaPa

• CB changed the title to Kyle Connell

Hope this goes well for him. Going to a decent sized club with ambitions and working with a manager he knows well.

Hard to say where his Killie career goes from here. He’s looked good in flashes previously but I don’t think he impressed in his minutes this season so far. 

• 1 month later...

He apparently was excellent today but would need games to get to Prem level but has the attributes to be a good player.

I always thought he looked good but wasnt really given a chance. Same could be said for Warnock and last season would've been the ideal opportunity. Unfortunately i feel that if they didn't get a chance in first team in championship then theyve pretty much zero chance in the prem.

11 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

He apparently was excellent today but would need games to get to Prem level but has the attributes to be a good player.

I always thought he looked good but wasnt really given a chance. Same could be said for Warnock and last season would've been the ideal opportunity. Unfortunately i feel that if they didn't get a chance in first team in championship then theyve pretty much zero chance in the prem.

Warnock, Wales, Watson for me should at least be on the bench for me. Actually thought Brad Lyons did ok when he came on yesterday but Power apart we’re virtually watching the same midfield that struggled for long periods in the Championship last season. I don’t think Derek has addressed that aspect of the team too well so far (I’d play McInroy by the way) but I reckon Warnock in particular would give us a bit of youth and creativity in the team. Remember the difference when Burke and Bagan were introduced to Bobby’s team. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Had a hand in all three goals, two assists and the penalty. 

Hmm, Oli Shaw scored 16 goals in the Championship , I honestly cannot take anything from goals in such a poor league. 
Tge reason we are where we are is due to having too many Championship players plying their trade in the PL. 

We need someone with PL experience, Cosgrove was that player and sadly he went to Plymouth, where is is second only  to Haaland in goals per minute. 

11 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

Connell is nowhere near the level we need at the minute. Mid to lower table Championship/top of league 1 is his level. 

Unfortunately I agree. Not a bad lad but not top division material imo. DM assessed him and sent him on loan and he out of contract come January. Him and the keeper (name?) will not be here next year. 

Get Wales in the team though, he is top division material. Warnock at least needs a chance for us to figure out. 

On 10/30/2022 at 6:00 PM, killie billies pal said:

Hmm, Oli Shaw scored 16 goals in the Championship , I honestly cannot take anything from goals in such a poor league. 
Tge reason we are where we are is due to having too many Championship players plying their trade in the PL. 

We need someone with PL experience, Cosgrove was that player and sadly he went to Plymouth, where is is second only  to Haaland in goals per minute. 

Watched Plymouth v Exeter tonight, good game in poor conditions, Cosgrove hardly had a touch of the ball and when he did his touch was awful, but Ryan Hardie came on and scored two goals.