Dundee United Match Fred

CB

• CB pinned this topic

If your going with two strikers then there is more justification for Shaw than Doidge. At least being quicker offers something different to Lafferty.

Defensive line is baffling with no natural left sided fullback. Hopefully I’m wrong but a two of Power and Rory is worrying. Probably one short at CM and Rory has been a slow starter in the last few but finished strongly. 

5 minutes ago, piffer said:

If your going with two strikers then there is more justification for Shaw than Doidge. At least being quicker offers something different to Lafferty.

I appreciate the manager sees players in training etc and we only get part of the picture, but from what I've seen I can't see any justification starting Doidge at all. Fingers crossed he proves us wrong. 

Just now, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

I’d imagine it’s the same style as Saturday back 3 with stokes pushing to lb when attacking 

Yea was way we played at St M 

Worry would be if likes of Middleton plays wide right 

Attacking line up , big chance for Doidge to prove himself....for us 

1 minute ago, Mogwai said:

Is it 3 at the back - Stokes, Wright, Mayo - with Alebiosu and Jones as wing backs?

Or is Mayo at left back?

Think Stokes will cover LB similar to what we did against St Mirren in a kind of lop sided 4-3-3, albeit this looks more like 4-4-2.

4 minutes ago, kilm53 said:

3 -5 -2    I would guess..but you never know with DM

I was thinking 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2 with JJ or Armstrong more advanced and Alebiosu at RM. Could be almost a 4-4-2 with Stokes covering the left side with JJ in front of him.

Its certainly has the sense of an attacking team for a cup game.

1 minute ago, piffer said:

I was thinking 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2 with JJ or Armstrong more advanced and Alebiosu at RM. Could be almost a 4-4-2 with Stokes covering the left side with JJ in front of him.

Its certainly has the sense of an attacking team for a cup game.

could be a 3 -4 -1- 2 ..and the goalie ?