World Cup

Robert

1 hour ago, dasboag said:

Japan out.  Didn't deserve it but their pens were awful after offering far more in the game than Croatia.

Croats just a bit more 'street-wise'.

unless the 'real' Brazil finally turn up, I expect the next game to be very similar.

Think the real Brazil have arrived 

17 minutes ago, piffer said:

Portugal struggling without Ronaldo

I don't think they are at all.  They have to learn to play not focused around an aging player - no matter how good they once were.

At least the Portugal manager has the stones to drop Ronaldo, unlike Argentina with Messi - they are like some mad cult.

Both are great players; neither have it in them to run the show at this level anymore, no matter how much the pundit sycophants try to convince us.

4 minutes ago, dasboag said:

I don't think they are at all.  They have to learn to play not focused around an aging player - no matter how good they once were.

At least the Portugal manager has the stones to drop Ronaldo, unlike Argentina with Messi - they are like some mad cult.

Both are great players; neither have it in them to run the show at this level anymore, no matter how much the pundit sycophants try to convince us.

Sorry comment was made in jest they look very comfortable. More of a team without their superstar

1 hour ago, dasboag said:

Absolutely. Another 'big gun' acting the billy big baws and not treating good opposition with suitable respect.

In what way? They are what they are. Plenty of players who can keep the ball well, better than anyone else at that, but lack the players who provide a cutting edge. Unless I've missed something its less to do with treating opposition with respect and more to do with just not being good enough themselves.

3 hours ago, dasboag said:

I don't know about that, I thought Messi was the difference against Australia and has three goals so far. Ronaldo has scored one penalty and claimed one that didn't touch him. Messi might get found out against better opposition but at the moment he is keeping Argentina in the competition. 

On 12/6/2022 at 6:33 PM, dasboag said:

Absolutely. Another 'big gun' acting the billy big baws and not treating good opposition with suitable respect.

I like Luis Enrique, but none of their team. Delighted they went out.

Just shows that possession stats go for nothing if you can’t put the ball in the net 

On 12/5/2022 at 11:35 AM, Shropshire_killie said:

For me the ball was out. For me it should be the base of the ball.

That said........Cmon Japan!!!

The ball changes shape lol. 

A human eye with a good view calls that out but it is technically not. If we going with technology then no point arguing it lol. 

It is kinda shocking how such a small angle change can cause such an optical illusion. With the proper view it is clearly in. It is still not perfectly aligned though. 

On 12/5/2022 at 11:31 AM, Lroy said:

sq8SqP3.mp4