Semi Final Tickets

gordon4418

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye makes sense for the club to keep £50k worth of unsold tickets thar have been on sale for weeks in the off chance folk buy them.

Don't see where off chance comes into this. Factor in the game is 5 weeks away,Xmas round the corner, the hurdles being put up to buy one and the rhetoric that everyone who wants a ticket will be able to get one, I'd imagine there's a lot of fans who want to go still haven't bought yet. 

6 hours ago, Rml said:

Don't see where off chance comes into this. Factor in the game is 5 weeks away,Xmas round the corner, the hurdles being put up to buy one and the rhetoric that everyone who wants a ticket will be able to get one, I'd imagine there's a lot of fans who want to go still haven't bought yet. 

Anyone who wants one will get one. 

The club will have 100s left in our sections and they'll not be sold out by kick off on the 14th January. 

How many are lots? 

6 hours ago, marie osmond said:

Good fishing. Great idea though!!!

It's a terrible idea. Ticket sales aren't great because it's highly unlikely that we will beat Celtic, but if we did our ticket numbers would then be restricted by our own club. If we manage to beat Celtic then belief would soar and fans would be clamouring for tickets regardless of who wins the other semi-final. A false promise of ticket restrictions if we reach the final isn't going to boost sales for the Celtic game. 

9 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

It's a terrible idea. Ticket sales aren't great because it's highly unlikely that we will beat Celtic, but if we did our ticket numbers would then be restricted by our own club. If we manage to beat Celtic then belief would soar and fans would be clamouring for tickets regardless of who wins the other semi-final. A false promise of ticket restrictions if we reach the final isn't going to boost sales for the Celtic game. 

When we do beat Celtic ,it will not help our discussions over ticket allocation for the final if we have sent 4000 semi final tickets back and still have 1200 of our remaining allocation unsold. I understand the desire to reduce infiltration by Celtic supporters in to our seats but the over complicated ticketing process will have put some people off and genuine long term supporters who attend only the occasional game have been turned away.

32 minutes ago, Kfcinlancashire said:

When we do beat Celtic ,it will not help our discussions over ticket allocation for the final if we have sent 4000 semi final tickets back and still have 1200 of our remaining allocation unsold. I understand the desire to reduce infiltration by Celtic supporters in to our seats but the over complicated ticketing process will have put some people off and genuine long term supporters who attend only the occasional game have been turned away.

If Kilmarnock fans were put off by the “ over complicated ticketing process “ I seriously doubt if they were interested in going in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

Celtic failed to sell less than half of their 40,000 ticket allocation for the game at Hampden Park, with Kilmarnock only moving around 5,000 briefs.

That was from the League Cup Semi-Final on 16 February 2000. A freezing night, terrible game, Moravcik scored the winner before Cocard was sent off.

I'm sure it was a header he scored as well! 

Was indeed a bitter cold night. 

4 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Celtic failed to sell less than half of their 40,000 ticket allocation for the game at Hampden Park, with Kilmarnock only moving around 5,000 briefs.

That was from the League Cup Semi-Final on 16 February 2000. A freezing night, terrible game, Moravcik scored the winner before Cocard was sent off.

I have absolutely no recollection of that match, even though I would definitely have been there.  

55 minutes ago, Pelesboots said:

I have absolutely no recollection of that match, even though I would definitely have been there.  

I think I tried to forget it. Coldest I have been at a Killie game apart from a youth cup tie which could have involved Celtic again. Went to extra time and penalties and we lost.?