Kilmarnock 3-1 Ross County - KFCSA Man of the Match - 28/05/23

Man of the Match  

361 members have voted

1. 1. As Houses

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2023 at 04:00 PM

Must say Taylor in these final 2  vital games had been a big influence , and often encouraging others 

All round players stepped up in these final games, Lyons played well , Vassell was immense and Armstrong had vital role in the goals ...voted for the latter 

Lyons for me. Huge performance in CM and got the crucial 1st goal. Dominant and aggressive in CM doing the hard graft. Took a good booking giving Dhanda a dunt when he was starting to influence the game.

We are a different beast when Vassell plays. He led the line well and it was pure determination that got him his goal.

Chambers what can you say. We’ve had some decent loanees from the EPL and in fairness some duds but he could be the best yet. Never phased by things, plays with a maturity beyond his years and so comfortable in all aspects of the game.

Went for McKenzie again, organised everything, in the referee's ear the whole game, his general play and pressing was excellent and started a good few breaks in the second half.   Could have easily been Chambers or Vassell though, with no failures anywhere really.

Special mention for Doidge though as well for keeping the heid - the number of times he was pulled by the shirt and thrown to the ground with Clancy a few yards away just watching it was quite something.  Less disciplined players could easily have let the frustration get the better of them.

1 hour ago, Lorielus said:

Went for McKenzie again, organised everything, in the referee's ear the whole game, his general play and pressing was excellent and started a good few breaks in the second half.   Could have easily been Chambers or Vassell though, with no failures anywhere really.

Special mention for Doidge though as well for keeping the heid - the number of times he was pulled by the shirt and thrown to the ground with Clancy a few yards away just watching it was quite something.  Less disciplined players could easily have let the frustration get the better of them.

I went for McKenzie too. In the second half particularly he played several brilliant out balls which instantly put us on the front foot.

He's so tidy with the ball at his feet, he'll take and control even the wildest throw ins put his way, and his effort levels are beyond reproach.

He's so close to being a standout player at this level, I don't know what it is that holds him back from being that. Perhaps his competence as a 'utility' player, who knows.

Lyons easily for me. Almost everything he did today was excellent. Streets ahead of any performance I seen from him before. 

Midfield 3 were all hero’s though. Thought Vassell was a little under par today but still worked hard and got a goal. Probably say similar about Armstrong today. Not his best game but he sure put a shift in. 

Chambers was excellent again too. 

Lyons for me. Battled like crazy but his first touch and passing today were spot on and he showed he can finish (if not shoot). 

Lots of excellent performances today and went for Lyons though coul quite easily have been Vassell, Danny ,Rory or Ash and has been said young Chambers is going to be a top talent we have been lucky to have him with us!

13 hours ago, Paxo said:

I went for McKenzie too. In the second half particularly he played several brilliant out balls which instantly put us on the front foot.

He's so tidy with the ball at his feet, he'll take and control even the wildest throw ins put his way, and his effort levels are beyond reproach.

He's so close to being a standout player at this level, I don't know what it is that holds him back from being that. Perhaps his competence as a 'utility' player, who knows.

I also went for McKenzie thought he was superb. His use of the ball was very good yesterday. The midfield has been excellent the last couple of games and the three of them look a good foil.