January transfer 2017 (in/out)

Craigieboy

8 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Balatoni came in and did a reasonable job for a while. Not sure what he's done to attract all the disdain, apart from who he signed for. We're really not in the position to mock anyone, given some of the pisspoor replacements we signed. 

Maybe it's to do with a certain inverness ct game when he gave jamie mac a pass back when we were on the back foot maca had to take the inverness player down gor sent of we were 1-0 up prior to this.

2 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

A left footed older better Charlee Adams, Martin Smith,  George Green.....

My point is there's no need to have another replica of Gary Dicker and to be honest Steven Smith, it wouldn't add anything to what we already have. That's why he couldn't get a weekly game with Falkirk, and felt QoS was the level he could play regularly at.

9 hours ago, GeeM19 said:

Suggestion on twitter that the player himself has denied this (though I don't see anything on his timeline)

That story surfaced about a month ago following a post from a dubious source on Twitter. The player himself denied it at the time as "news to me".

Not sure if the Scotsman story is an update, albeit it's in yesterday's / today's paper. Hope it's true, as he seemed decent in Celtics first few games from what I saw of him.

Does seem as though Clark is going for a better calibre of loanee this time. Players that the parent clubs maybe thought would play some part in the first team. 

Not sure why we need a highly rated young goalie unless Clark knows something we don't.

I'm impressed by Clark's willingness to cut those who haven't made the grade and get (hopefully) better players in. Unlike his predecessor who would continue to play someone out of stubbornus no matter how bad they played.

Just need to sign those experienced players he mentioned. Also loan out Webb and Cobain.

Hopefully McFadzean can have more impact second half. I think he's more the hard working type than set the grass on fire but should still be able to do a job.

Edited by Isle of Wight Exile

There is no doubt that there will be some future stars in the lower leagues - Griffiths, Snodgrass and Robertson are three examples. I think you need to go back to Bryson and Wright to find players we signed from the lower leagues and who went on to be a success with us.

i can't think of a single player that Mixu, Shiels, Johnston or Locke brought in from the lower leagues in Scotland that worked out. He had his faults but old JJ made a few good signings for us in his time. 

3 minutes ago, historyman said:

He had his faults but old JJ made a few good signings for us in his time. 

He seemed to have a lot of contacts without bragging about it. He did sign more than his share of ex-Jambos but they were of a much higher standard than Locke's.

Clark goes on about his contacts "all over the world" and (looks like) he'll sign three kids from Newcastle!   

3 hours ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

Does seem as though Clark is going for a better calibre of loanee this time. Players that the parent clubs maybe thought would play some part in the first team. 

Not sure why we need a highly rated young goalie unless Clark knows something we don't.

I'm impressed by Clark's willingness to cut those who haven't made the grade and get (hopefully) better players in. Unlike his predecessor who would continue to play someone out of stubbornus no matter how bad they played.

Just need to sign those experienced players he mentioned. Also loan out Webb and Cobain.

Hopefully McFadzean can have more impact second half. I think he's more the hard working type than set the grass on fire but should still be able to do a job.

I've heard possibly Jamie Mac could be heading to Greyskull as a replacement for Matt Gilks who is on his way to Wigan.