Kaiserslautern Killie Story

18yardhero

Who remembers a fitba getting stuck in a fountain while Killie fans drank in the surrounding pubs? One side of the Square was covered in scaffolding as workies renovated the building. A deputation of Killie fans went across and persuaded a couple of said workies to bring a ladder and retreive the ba' - to resounding cheers. A few minutes later a buxom serving wench appeared from one of the pubs with two steins of frothing ale and delivered them to the German workers. More resounding cheers.

International co-operation at it's best.

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:40 PM, killie billies pal said:

Good on the Magpie, he doesn't half get on with the hacks'.

Him and RR Tours ran the bus from The Kadi, 30 hours of drink, more drink and, did i mention drink, by the time we had reached Dover all alcohol was gone, into the supermarket at Calais for stock replenishment, several hours later as we entered Germany we ran into the most amazing thunderstorm, driver couldn't possibly have seen a thing but charged on, the return journey proved him to be a nutter as he very near killed the lot of us!

Arrived at the first hotel, deep in the Forest, very German looking, so were the hundred or so Hells Angels parked up there too, un deterred the Killie faithful tramped out, beer in hand and made immediate friends of the leather clad monsters. Second hotel was a bit more modern, but had a small Spar shop close by for refreshments.

I was "interviewed" by the most gorgeous radio presenter you have ever seen, why? because apparently Ronnie Greig had told her he heard me speaking German the night before! 

The greetings we received from all and sundry in K-Town will stay with me forever, right down to the German Police officer asking me for my Killie top, and there was me thinking he was going to lift me for standing on the bar lol

Make this game happen for all of our younger fans, let them experience what a great town it is, and how to enjoy European football.

My son was 8 when I took him to K-Town on the Kadi bus. I dreaded the bus trip initially but it turned out to be fantastic, all apart from the driver that you mentioned on the way home KBP. I think it was on the way up from Dover that he nearly ran into a car in front. We were upstairs at the front and we were nearly hurled through the window when he woke up & put the brakes on. I also remember the radio presenter. She made a bee line for my son Zander when we were having our breakfast. She asked him if he was enjoying himself. He replied, "yes, it's great, I was in the Irish Bar at 2 O Clock  this morning. " haha. I've got some great photo's in the stadium. Zander sitting with the police, wearing their hats & holding their truncheons. Everybody was so welcoming.

After the bus driver incident a few of us stood at the wee fridge downstairs downing the beers virtually all the way back to Killie. Would love to go back.

• 1 year later...

Killie fans should go and take in a Kaiserslautern pilgrimage anyway. We didn't make the Euro game unfortunately. However, when my youngest lad was approaching his 18th birthday I asked him what he wanted to do for it. He immediately said take in a K-town game. A few quick emails to Torsten and co and a long weekend in Germany was organised. Cammy & I, kilted and Killie tops, enjoyed the pre-match swally and scoff, the game and post-match swally and scoff. Brilliant memories and superb foties from the gig.

FWIW Dritte Liga football is superb fun. We followed Vfl Osnabruck home and away 2005-2010 when they were in Regional Liga Nord/ 3. Liga more often than they were in 2. Bundesliga. There's always gonnae be Cup Glory nights like beating Borussia Monchengladbach 2-1 to get to the German Cup Quarter Finals. Superb.

Viel Gluck Kasierslautern !    

They might be down but hopefully can return soon. Biggest problem was the World Cup 2006,which as the Fritz Walter was a venue millions were spent expanding and upgrading it. Kaiserslautern as a result now rent the stadium from the local council at a cost of millions per annum and because of this have not a lot of funds. There is ongoing talks to try and renegotiate the rental. They need investment though to get back to the top.

got back from kaiserlautern on monday first time over we were too young to remember the original game but knew of the connection so we priced it up and the flights to frankfurt were only £20. We were made to feel welcome will definately be back had a great time would recommend to everyone atmospeher was electeic. Over land and over sea we're kaiserlautern and killie 

IMG-20180425-WA0001.jpg