Kris Boyd

jamiekfc

4 minutes ago, skygod said:

Stephen Thompson, Scott McDonald, Kris Boyd... I don't think any active player should be working in the media.

They're either so conflicted that they can't say anything meaningful or, like Boyd, they go in with their size 10s and get into situations they can't control.

In that case you might as well stop players being interviewed by the media.

And what about current managers?

As I said above Jim Duffy has a column. 

Kenny Shiels was revered on here for what he said/wrote for the media.

To be fair some of what he spouted was s**te but he never got the same level of grief Kris Boyd has received. 

No problem in interviewing a player for his comments after a match or about his thoughts on the game generally, his club and career. 

Big difference between that and Kris Boyd giving his opinion on, say, whether Derek McInnes should be worried about his position.

I was one of Shiels' biggest critics on here over things like his giving his opinion on Paulo Sergio's position at Hearts so there's no inconsistency on my part.

I've never seen a column by Jim Duffy but I suspect it's of the anodyne variety.

Edited by skygod

On 23/12/2016 at 9:58 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

I think using those words say more about you than it does me. 

The term Hun is used universally for Rangers fans, have you never sung go home ya huns when we're winning at Ibrox? I've certainly never heard us singing songs about taigs or tarriers. 

The words Hun and Tim are words i'd use to describe Rangers and Celtic fans. If you want to sound like an old firm bigot then batter in.

If you are insinuating that i have some sort allegiance to Celtic then i'll be in the Brass before and after the game tonight. Come and say it to my face. 

Clown. 

You're the bigot with your choice of words. . You seem incapable of contributing to a Rangers topic without using the word, hun. For the record I've never called anyone a hun and never will do. You carry on with your anti Rangers pish though. You'll find that Sellick fans use the word hun to describe a variety of fans including ourselves.

Your threat at the end of your post is laughable and is barely worth commenting on.  

1 hour ago, hunter for scotland said:

You're the bigot with your choice of words. . You seem incapable of contributing to a Rangers topic without using the word, hun. For the record I've never called anyone a hun and never will do. You carry on with your anti Rangers pish though. You'll find that Sellick fans use the word hun to describe a variety of fans including ourselves.

Your threat at the end of your post is laughable and is barely worth commenting on.  

What part of it is bigoted? The fact that you seem more upset that Squirellhumper hasn't used the words tim and Taig says more about you than him.
The guy is a Killie legend,but that should not make him exempt from criticism,especially when he spends more time talking about his beloved sevco than the team that pays his wages.

On 24 December 2016 at 9:57 AM, Bullitt said:

Cathro was always a shocking appointment. Anyone within the game knows it's too... they just chose their words a little more 'diplomatically' than Kris.

"Interesting appointment" seems to be the status quo from the media.

I would wait until we see how the game goes tonight before making any comments.  I'm worried that if they get an early goal and get the crowd behind them we might crumble just like we did at Pitoddrie. 

15 minutes ago, historyman said:

I would wait until we see how the game goes tonight before making any comments.  I'm worried that if they get an early goal and get the crowd behind them we might crumble just like we did at Pitoddrie. 

It doesn't matter about tonight's game. Win, lose or draw the guy will be a disaster of an appointment

19 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

It doesn't matter about tonight's game. Win, lose or draw the guy will be a disaster of an appointment

And your view is based on what exactly? I would have thought someone who had coached at Dundee Utd, in Portugal and at Valencia and was rated highly enough by a manager who had won the Champions League to have him as his assistant would be the type of appointment that many clubs would be delighted to have. 

11 minutes ago, historyman said:

And your view is based on what exactly? I would have thought someone who had coached at Dundee Utd, in Portugal and at Valencia and was rated highly enough by a manager who had won the Champions League to have him as his assistant would be the type of appointment that many clubs would be delighted to have. 

Good coaches don't always make good managers though.

Valencia?  So what? 

They appointed Gary Neville as manager FFS.

Is Cathro good at languages(Spanish in particular ) and that's why he gets these jobs?

Kris Boyd has been fantastic for Killie. His year sitting on the Ibrox bench has seriously hampered the end phase of his career. Had he stayed at Killie I feel he'd still be effective. Unfortunately he's not. He hasn't looked after himself and doesn't have the fitness for the game - even at our level. Compare the older Tyson and Boyd's fitness. Great Killie goal scorer, but time's up IMO.

Many thanks for the goals Kris and a great servant to the club but its time up.

The fact the manager started him up top speaks volumes... hoping for a Rhodes to save him maybe

Also after StJ game: my faukt for playing boydy up top on his own without tyson and punting balls up top to him

Clark v hearts: Boyd up top with long balls to him... wheres the logic

Edited by GrazyKillie