Say Bye - To a Killie Pie?

baz

This all seems a touch iffy with the Daily Ranger photographer and a supermarket supplier!

I for one ain't getting led into this (current) Killie owners hating thing.

IMO you are getting played here big time- and not by MJ/BB - by much, much bigger organisations than KFC.

Just my opinion, fire away if u want!!!

Edited by RAG

5 hours ago, RAG said:

This all seems a touch iffy with the Daily Ranger photographer and a supermarket supplier!

I for one ain't getting led into this (current) Killie owners hating thing.

IMO you are getting played here big time- and not by MJ/BB - by much, much bigger organisations than KFC.

Just my opinion, fire away if u want!!!

Played? Not sure how you've come to that conclusion RAG. Both sides have laid out their side of the story, one version was full of half truths and omissions, the other contained all the pertinent facts on the timeline of this saga; I know which one I believe. 

And while the Day late Record might not be my favourite source of information, if I'd been in YNTTK's position, and had been approached about a free double spread advert, in one of Scotland's top selling "newspapers", I'd have taken up their offer too. 

However, It takes some jump from a wee bit free publicity, to the assumption some shadowy hand is manipulating public opinion against MJ & BB. Can I ask, to what end do you think we're being played?

Now forgive me if I'm wrong,  but you seem to be alluding that Aldi are behind this. Fair enough, I can see that they might hope to generate some extra sales of the back of this "controversy" but would it really be worth their while, going to this effort to shift a few dozen more pies? 

Do you think it's the "Killie" brand they're after then? For what purpose? It would seem to me, that selling Killie branded stuff has a limited market. Aldi don't stock Killie scarfs, strips etc became very few people would buy them. So the only logical conclusion is the quality of the pie is their main concern.

It can't be they want to sell the pie of the year, because it's not. They could easily go out and buy whatever this years winner was instead. And I don't even buy that they'd be concerned at maintaining the continuity of branding. Walk round their stores and you'll see plenty of "similars". They moved on from selling rice crispies to crispy rice without even blinking and eye. Do you think they'd lose any sleep over John Gall selling a "pie from Killie" instead of a "Killie pie"?

I just don't get why anyone wouldn't think it's a plot. I'm drawn between thinking it reeks of paranoia and that its so bizarre that it might be true. But if we are being played, I hope it's by the CIA, FSB, MSS, MI5, or the like, rather than a budget range supermarket. 

that seems a huge amount of money to sell pies, I think you have said before though there are no big profits and they go to the club youths anyway. (or something like that)

this makes it a very interesting outcome if what you say is true about it not being beaten.

as for MJ walking away? not a glimmer of a chance imo.