Clark must go

Thirdwatch1965

As much as I think Clark is hopeless there's little point in bagging him now. The likelihood is we'll be in a relegation battle with or without him so give him January to see if he can pull a rabbit out the hat. We wouldn't get anyone in to properly judge the squad and have a fair crack at the transfer window. 

Better the numpty you know,  as the saying goes 

5 minutes ago, c_u_jimmy said:

Before every game the players go through the same warm up. Five or six aside with short sharp passes to men moving into space for the pass. Where does this go when the game starts? I have to ask what they do in training as there seems to be no method at all.

They spend it in ice baths acclimatising to Scottish winters. Everything will be ok once we get the cold weather

6 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Our lack of centre halfs is the main reason for our demise in the last two games. Again the recruitment could be to blame. 

I do have sympathy with Clark there. Addison looked solid enough last year. Burn looked like he could be decent backup before his injury. And we looked fine with Boyd in there. He's had bad luck with those. 

I would agree that signing one experienced centre back in the  summer might have helped. 

My concern the first clear out by clark has turned into an absolute clusterf**k what makes us think he will sort out the mess he made of the last transfer window. Only exception has been coulio.  His tactics are not any more inspiring than the last two clowns.  Having said all that whether we stick or twist will need our super board to come up with some dosh ......   oh we still have mj we really are in the s**t   

I'm not sure changing the manager is the way forward. IF we are going to change things now might well be the time to do it. Give a new manager a transfer window to try and get a team he wants together and the break to work things out on the training pitch. So much more needs to be changed as well as has been discussed so often. At some point we need continuity but I don't know if Lee Clark is that continuity at the moment. There's no outstanding candidate out there in Scottish terms anyway. Hughes would be touted but he's still unemployed for a reason. 

There are big issues obviously. Clark was brave/stupid enough to run his mouth after the playoffs. He hasn't delivered on any of the promises made then or over the summer. I thought at first he had a plan I'm not seeing it anymore. What's that thing about failing but doing the same thing over and over expecting different results? Tonight he mixed up the team but on paper and listening to the radio it was the same system that's failed him more often than not recently. 

His recruitment plan has been found wanting. Very few of the new signings up to scratch. Some only managing a handful of unremarkable appearances and a few disappearing off the face of the earth. We certainly can't go through another window signing youngsters who might be a success. He needs a proper plan,system and style then has to somehow find the quality to fill it.

He talked about signing young, hungry players who he hoped would hit the ground running.

I'm afraid it was gamble which has failed monumentally. Where was MacFadzean tonight when he was needed? Goodness knows how young Wilson will react to being thrown to the wolves.

Weak board + loose cannon of a manager = relegation, if there is any justice.

Dundee United went down last season and are thriving. I'm actually envious of them. Not that we would have done as well as we are a basket-case of a club.

Any chance of a statement from the board, even if it is only "Happy New Year"?

Where is the money going to come from to sack the manager, pay him compensation, get rid of players and sign better ones to keep us up? We are a club that has been in decline for years and aren't an attractive proposition for many managers. It looks inevitable that we'll get relegated without change off the park. 

Edited by MarkyMark

28 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

locke wasthe worst killie manager i have ever seen by a mile. 

Agreed, but his record this time last season was better than Clark's.

Funny, that...

"I have to find a solution either with the formation or personnel," Clark told BBC Scotland.

"We need to work really hard on Thursday and Friday on nailing down what we're going to do.

"It's a huge game for us on the 31st of December. We need as many points from the teams around us because we're getting heavy defeats from the top six.

"It's one before a significant break and we have to be right up for it.

"We're in a rut, we've been struggling the last two games and we've shown that the injuries have taken their toll.

"We will need to do something significantly different on Hogmanay against Partick Thistle to make sure we get a positive result because [in] the last two performances we've capitulated and that's been tough to take.

"We're down to the bare bones and we need these important players back as soon as possible, but I don't think that's going to happen before the weekend. It just highlights that I've got to change things in the January window to make us stronger."

That was what you were supposed to have done in the summer!

"Return to GO. Do not collect £200."

Edited by skygod

I have to find a solution either with the formation or personnel," Clark told BBC Scotland.

"We need to work really hard on Thursday and Friday on nailing down what we're going to do.

"It's a huge game for us on the 31st of December. We need as many points from the teams around us because we're getting heavy defeats from the top six.

"It's one before a significant break and we have to be right up for it.

"We'll need to do something significantly different on Hogmanay against Partick Thistle to make sure we get a positive result because [in] the last two performances we've capitulated and that's been tough to take.

"We're down to the bare bones and we need these important players back as soon as possible, but I don't think that's going to happen before the weekend. It just highlights that I've got to change things in the January window to make us stronger."

e in a rut, we've been struggling the last two games and we've shown that the injuries have taken their toll.''

Cue more Clark signings? As stated before, where is the money coming from? Clark hasn't got the best record at pulling in what we need

16 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Clark talks a better game than the last two, that's all. And if a manager can talk a good game, some of support lose their critical faculties. 

PS Every player that left would probably walk into the current team.

Who did Clark allow to leave that is now playing at a higher level? Killie have been poor for the last few seasons for a reason and getting rid of the manager that kept us up last season isn't going to change the long term direction of the club.

There is a lack of a plan to take the club forward so we stagnate and will eventually get relegated without positive change.

Edited by MarkyMark

16 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Clark talks a better game than the last two, that's all. And if a manager can talk a good game, some of our support lose their critical faculties. 

PS Every player that left would probably walk into the current team.

There is some truth in this. Clark is better with the media and that gives him more credibility with some fans. 

However, the team is really, really struggling now and what he does in January will determine  whether or not he has what it takes to keep us up this year and get us moving in the right direction next season. His summer signings showed that he really underestimated what was required. He needs to get some quality in and also get some fight and leadership into the team. 

Sacking managers every season is not the answer.Any manager would find it hard to get a decent team on the park with our budget and the problems behind the scenes to deal with .Clark has went down the road of trying lower English league players to little success others have tried the Scottish cast off rout to the same end product .A bigger budget and a stable board would certainly help but that just dosnt seem likely .If results don't improve in the next few games Clark will almost certainly be sacked and I expect replaced by McCulloch at least till the end of the season .Then who knows after that .Another manager ?

Clark is an absolute Clown and no better than Locke. How can anyone say we are any better than last season? 

His recruitment has been shambolic and his tactics and team selections beyond belief but hey he talks a good game so he's alright. 

Get him to fuk. 

"Next season i will give you a team to be proud of" Aye jog on Lee...

Edited by Mojike and Bod