Clark must go

Thirdwatch1965

The club is rotten from top to bottom.  Only way to change things is from the top. MJ, Bowie and Kiltie need to leave.  I know people like Kiltie, I myself do t trust him, if other directors are leaving because they can't work with MJ why has he stuck around so long?  I just feel he's in with MJ. 

Back on topic I'm losing faith in Clark quickly, after seeing is a few times this season I just cannot see gameplay or tactics anywhere on the park. Making the pitch smaller to make us press other teams better needs a team to press and mark players which we have lost 2 goals from in the last two home games. No one to sit in the centre of the park who's willing to come and get the ball from defender. Playing a striker out wide. Lumping balls forward over the heads of everyone hoping Boyd gets to it. All of it is just boring.  

Our team really can make you depressed!  

1 hour ago, MarkyMark said:

Who did Clark allow to leave that is now playing at a higher level? Killie have been poor for the last few seasons for a reason and getting rid of the manager that kept us up last season isn't going to change the long term direction of the club.

There is a lack of a plan to take the club forward so we stagnate and will eventually get relegated without positive change.

Wherever they're playing, they're playing at a higher level than this lot are.Kept us up last season.....Ho, ho, ho. He hardly won a game. Just managed to win the one he had to and saved his neck. Then got rid of half the players that saved us. 

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Clark talks a better game than the last two, that's all. And if a manager can talk a good game, some of our support lose their critical faculties. 

PS Every player that left would probably walk into the current team.

You really haven't a clue if you think any of the last lot were good enough to still be here.

Yawn yawn yawn. Aj must go locke must go clarke must go. It's always the same. Sadly there are not enough players that play for the Jersey anymore.  Tommy,Totten and Bobby had everyone fighting for that killie shirt. Lee Clarke got it wrong but I'm sick of blaming managers now. Time for the players to step up and take responsibility 

I'm not in any position to comment on the team's performances this season as I've only seen TV highlights but I do have some sympathy for Lee Clark.

It could be argued that he's lost the best five outfield players from the latter half of last season (Kiltie, Addison, Hodgson, Slater and Magennis).

In addition, injuries to Boyd, Burn and a suspension for Hendrie have made things even more difficult. 

A complete rebuilding job on our budget is a really tough proposition for any manager and I'm not convinced that any of the alternatives mentioned (Jim Duffy???) would have given us a better chance of staying up. 

Edited by fraz65

5 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

You really haven't a clue if you think any of the last lot were good enough to still be here.

Or maybe it shows yours? O,hara for sure would play every week, at right back or centre mid take your pick. Despite their faults higgy and tope would walk in to this team. Now, that doesnt make them world beaters but just better than adams, bojaj, smith, cobain, webb, koyade, waddington and probably  else i have forgotten!

Clarks managerial record after Huddersfield is atrocious why anyone thought it would work differently is beyond me. My inlaws are blues fans and they were delighted when they got rid of them. Now the booze was flowing on boxing day but they were saying one season under Clark they only managed 2 home wins. I have it checked if that is right but why would they make it up?

I don't see any reasons to be hopeful

16 minutes ago, Bhamkillieken said:

Or maybe it shows yours? O,hara for sure would play every week, at right back or centre mid take your pick. Despite their faults higgy and tope would walk in to this team. Now, that doesnt make them world beaters but just better than adams, bojaj, smith, cobain, webb, koyade, waddington and probably  else i have forgotten!

O'Hara would probably get in the team, although probably not in place of Hendrie. Higginbotham and Tope are not better than Kiltie, Tyson, Jones, Coulibaly or McKenzie. The fact that they have both dropped down to Championship teams says it all.

I don't understand why people are pining for players who were routinely getting pumped from Partick, Ross County, Dundee etc. This season we've had heavy defeats from Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts...3 out of the top 4. I'd happily take this seasons team over last years

Despite the mistakes I feel Clark has made .

...for some reason I am still hoping Clark turns it round ......gets somehow a win at Thistle , makes at least couple of better quality signings quickly in January ......creative and mobile central midfielder.......solid centre half.....especially.

..perhaps also replacing a few of loan non players too .......and stop playing S Smith as a midfielder ( and Captain)

And then tweaks our way of playing back to what was seen a few months back ........might help

1 hour ago, Nigel4 said:

O'Hara would probably get in the team, although probably not in place of Hendrie. Higginbotham and Tope are not better than Kiltie, Tyson, Jones, Coulibaly or McKenzie. The fact that they have both dropped down to Championship teams says it all.

I don't understand why people are pining for players who were routinely getting pumped from Partick, Ross County, Dundee etc. This season we've had heavy defeats from Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts...3 out of the top 4. I'd happily take this seasons team over last years

I am not syaing they were brilliant, but they were our players not temporary loans. Kiltie and McKenzie were already here so I cant see why you are mentioning them. Nobody is arguing about Coulibaly. How many goals have Tyson and Jones scored? People on here used to slag of Josh for running hard with little end product, headless chicken etc. Apart from trying hard what else is Tyson bringing?

Tope Obadeyi - 68 games and 12 goals (from wiki no idea of assists)

Karl Higginbottom - 27 games and 5 goals (see above for source)

Nathan Tyson  - 14 games and 0 goals

Jordan Jone - 13 games and 0 goals

11 hours ago, muza1962 said:

Ok, lee Clarke is great. What was I thinking about. 

Very adult response.  Yes we have been pretty pish this year, and abysmal with several really bad capitulations but, and its a big but.  The accies, ICT, plastic whistle are nust as if not more.pish than us, murderwell, ross county and scumdee arent haven't been any better.

We have an injury crisis at the moment which isnt helping.  But this league is very tightx my only concern is the capitulations coupled with souleys goals.drying up.   

1 hour ago, Charlies PaPa said:

Comments on this topic highlight this topic highlight why fans should not have control of clubs, representation YES, control no or managers would be sacked every 6-12 months.

Clark has had one transfer window and yes to many of his loanees may not be good enough but lets see what happens in January.

I will tell you what will happen in January.  He will sign about 8 players on loan from English Academies and none of them will be good enough.

10 hours ago, MarkyMark said:

Who did Clark allow to leave that is now playing at a higher level?

O'Hara.

One mistake, the rest have proven to be correct.

Clark ignored the norm of signing journeymen with SPL experience in favour of untried youngsters from Englandshire. I applaud him for trying something different.

I would much rather be in this position with a new approach than in this position using the same old -same old- same old.

1 hour ago, Bhamkillieken said:

I am not syaing they were brilliant, but they were our players not temporary loans. Kiltie and McKenzie were already here so I cant see why you are mentioning them. Nobody is arguing about Coulibaly. How many goals have Tyson and Jones scored? People on here used to slag of Josh for running hard with little end product, headless chicken etc. Apart from trying hard what else is Tyson bringing?

This whole thread is pretty ridiculous but this one in particularly is the highlight for me. Comparing players who play in the top tier against the likes of Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen and The Rangers against players who's absolutely best opposition is Hibs or Dundee United. 

We need players back from injuries fast, with a couple of fresh faces in January. We'll be ok. This is the budget we have been given and no John Hughes or Jim Duffy would be able to do any better, imo.

I wasn't at the hearts game at RP, but we had plenty saying it was our best performance in years. We played well against Dundee and should have gubbed Inverness a couple of weeks back. Our hammerings are coming from the top 6 where the budget deficit is significant for us.

Even read a post where someone is upset that Clark got rid of the team who 'SAVED' us last season. Saved us?? Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Bhamkillieken said:

Mentioned the 2 of them because I would start them both ahead of Tope and Higgy. None of the 1s I mentioned are temporary loans either

Jones is leading on points in the Man of the Match votes. 25 points out of 13 games isn't bad going.

I agree that Tyson isn't contributing much, however I don't think he's a bad player.

I personally liked Tope. I expected a lot from Higgy and was hugely disappointed with how he performed.

We'll probably just have to agree to disagree

Edited by Nigel4

44 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

This whole thread is pretty ridiculous but this one in particularly is the highlight for me. Comparing players who play in the top tier against the likes of Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen and The Rangers against players who's absolutely best opposition is Hibs or Dundee United. 

We need players back from injuries fast, with a couple of fresh faces in January. We'll be ok. This is the budget we have been given and no John Hughes or Jim Duffy would be able to do any better, imo.

I wasn't at the hearts game at RP, but we had plenty saying it was our best performance in years. We played well against Dundee and should have gubbed Inverness a couple of weeks back. Our hammerings are coming from the top 6 where the budget deficit is significant for us.

Even read a post where someone is upset that Clark got rid of the team who 'SAVED' us last season. Saved us?? Ridiculous.

you are the one being ridiculous. you higlight my post but then dont refer to it!

Yes we do have a really small budget that is what makes his signing policy truly awful all the money spent on those not playing in the first team has been a waste. McFadzean, Bojaj, Cobain and Webb have been a waste. Would rather that money be spent elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Nigel4 said:

Mentioned the 2 of them because I would start them both ahead of Tope and Higgy. None of the 1s I mentioned are temporary loans either

Jones is leading on points in the Man of the Match votes. 25 points out of 13 games isn't bad going.

I agree that Tyson isn't contributing much, however I don't think he's a bad player.

I personally liked Tope. I expected a lot from Higgy and was hugely disappointed with how he performed.

We'll probably just have to agree to disagree

agreed, simple stats dont tell the whole story.

Jones looks decent, better at trapping the ball than tope but not as good with the end product. I like tyson too, he can go on the list of players we wished we had a few years earlier. I hope once he bags one it will lead to a few more.

All i am saying is Clarks impression of the quality we needed was wrong. His replacements in the whole have not been better than those they replaced (Coulibaby aside). Why should we trust him to go back in to the market in a few days time?