Clark must go

Thirdwatch1965

1 minute ago, Thirdwatch1965 said:

MJ does not pick the players or the team this disaster has nothing to do with him im afraid. Its all on Clark.

FFS, don't you get anything. Get your head out of the sand and see the bigger picture. MJ controls the finances and has deprived the manager of the resources to sign players any better than we have. A new manager would have the same problem. The quality of the squad will not improve. We couldn't beat off St Johnstone, Motherwell, Ross County or Dundee in terms of wages to encourage palyers to sign.

Who will you want as manager next season when Clark's replacement fails?

Hold on a second, Thirdwatch is partly right here. Clark has to take responsibility. He's brought in, what four right backs?

Is that potentially about £2,000 a week in wages wasted when they could be better spent elsewhere?

I don't think our budget is much off St Johnstone, however they invested in quality over quantity.

I don't think we should sack him, but there are more questions than answers from his management so far. Take Coulibaly out the equation and we'd be relegated by February!

I see the same warning signs as others, Clark might well end up being a disaster, but I think he needs to be judged with a full squad. With everyone fit we might look like: 

McDonald

Hendrie Addison Boyle Taylor

Smith Dicker

McKenzie Kiltie Jones

Coulibaly

And that would be with options/backup on the bench (Boyd, Boyd, Kayode, Tyson…)

All the bits of the team, at various times, have looked decent when at full strength. The trouble we have is that we can only really afford to have one good starting 11. All it takes is a few players out to make a huge difference. Same can be said about ICT, Hamilton, Partick.

Boyd/Addison beside Boyle and I don’t think we lose the goals we lost against Inverness, Saints and we make it harder on Hearts to get started. 

Jones and Coulibaly make excellent runs. With Kiltie to find them I think we could be dangerous – as we were against Hearts at Rugby Park. Again, putting that into context, I think we would have put Inverness to bed and possibly got the winner at Fir Park. 

Stick with that team above, clear away some of the deadwood and add one or two players and I don’t think we’re far away. 

Totally accept the question marks though – is Clark the man to get those few players and is he the man to get what he’s got working. Deserves a bit more time for me.

Edited by mitch14

That team you've mentioned has five Clark signings from the close to twenty he's brought in since he gat the job almost a year ago. Yes the rest give us options but there is a real lack of quality. It was mentioned last night that we've used either just over or just under thirty players this season. That's about three different outfields when you consider a McDonald is an ever present. Take out Wilson, Taylor, Cameron, Hawkshaw, Frizzell, Morrison who have come from our own academy then it's still a first team squad of over twenty that offers no strength in depth.

33 minutes ago, piffer said:

That team you've mentioned has five Clark signings from the close to twenty he's brought in since he gat the job almost a year ago. Yes the rest give us options but there is a real lack of quality. It was mentioned last night that we've used either just over or just under thirty players this season. That's about three different outfields when you consider a McDonald is an ever present. Take out Wilson, Taylor, Cameron, Hawkshaw, Frizzell, Morrison who have come from our own academy then it's still a first team squad of over twenty that offers no strength in depth.

Yeah there’s no doubt that the scattergun signings are a worry. Too many in that have sank without trace. 

Is it being too kind to say that there’s extenuating circumstances for a few? Burn was coming on to a game before the injury. Kayode might well be a player. Green was probably worth a risk, don’t think we lost out much on that move.

In terms of the real quality I can’t disagree. Clark commented that after the league cup games he realised some players weren’t up to the standard. I also remember him hinting that he might have underestimated the quality needed for this league. 

He should, for me anyway, get one more transfer window with that experience behind him at this level. It will make or break him.

Edited by mitch14

We played St. Johnstone and it was apparent that they had a settled side plus a good few players that had been with them for a few seasons. We haven't had that luxury due to bottom six finishes and replacing the manager every season. Clark has had one transfer window to bring in his own players and would have wanted to keep Slater and Magennis if at all possible. It's easy to criticise his signings but he hasn't been able to play a settled defence due to injuries. 

What is the alternative to Clark ? Unless somebody has been lined up and is available right now , whoever comes in won't be able to deal in the January transfer window so it would be the same squad that they would inherit. As others have said the biggest problem is at board level yet the attention is always focused on the manager not the root cause of the problem.

3 hours ago, Bullitt said:

Hold on a second, Thirdwatch is partly right here. Clark has to take responsibility. He's brought in, what four right backs?

Is that potentially about £2,000 a week in wages wasted when they could be better spent elsewhere?

I don't think our budget is much off St Johnstone, however they invested in quality over quantity.

I don't think we should sack him, but there are more questions than answers from his management so far. Take Coulibaly out the equation and we'd be relegated by February!

4 right backs, but plays a left back right back *monkey covering face emoji*

We've had sh*te luck with injuries and we've suffered slightly from the adaptation of a manager from outwith the scottish sphere. Every other manager in the league (bar old firm) has major connections to the scottish game i.e ex long term player, coach etc, and Clark has come in and tried various things, some with more success than others.

I cannot defend performances like tuesday but i genuinely think we'll stay up this year easily if we can get a run of fitness and will push for that last top 6 place as i believe that this transfer window will be far more productive now we know the need for quality over quantity, which we couldnt do in the summer after the decimation of a squad. Allied to the blooding over the next 2 months of several promising youngsters which i believe could be integral.

Aye bin the manager, that will surely guarantee us top flight football next season obviously?!?

Is it a coincidence that regardless of who the "board" selects, young or experienced, league winner or novice, Scottish or English, within or outwith the club, we continue to struggle that the one thing Killie fans seem to think will ensure our prosperity is a change in first team manager isn't naive in the extreme?

We can't compete with the big teams like St Johnstone? Because of a scattergun approach to hiring and firing. If we want to be anything like credible given the current boardroom nonsense, then continuity on the playing side is a no-brainer. Clark, McCulloch & Leven must be given the time to develop us from cannon fodder, to competitive, to good to watch. It's the knee jerk reaction of today's immediate society that says more about football fans than football managers. I don't want to be an English championship style club who changes manager every 9 months because the wind is blowing in our face. I want a team moulded rather than bought if possible, a manager who cares, and a support who supports. If that's too much to ask, then more fool me for supporting a team thrown together due to injuries and player turnover in the summer that a week before Christmas was 6th and is now 2 points off 6th is calling for a change in manager!

And we think there's problems on the pitch? MJ out seems to have died a death cos we've lost a couple of games!

There is no doubt that MJ is the biggest problem at the club and he needs removed however I'm not sure his removal will make Clark any better of a manager.  Therefore I think it's fair to separate the two issues and judge any manager on his signing policy and tactics and I think Clark has failed to impress in both of those areas.

Clark, McCulloch & Leven must be given the time to develop us from cannon fodder, to competitive

How long does it take a manager and two full-time coaches to stop us conceding goals from set pieces on a regular basis?

And how long does it take them to make us a threat when we have a set piece?

I'm all for giving him some time but the lack of progress in these areas is very poor. This is where the management team is supposed to make a difference. 

We are a better team than we were last season. We need some players in the transfer window to cover the injured. We need to boot hangers on like webb and cobain what is the use in these guys. Bring in another 4 maybe 5 right backs. Give lee clark transfer window and seperate the buyers from the spyers. I think the most worrying thing is we have Nathan Tyson, Coulibaly, Rory, Taylor at times all playing out of position. Clark underestimated the league big time. Now he must be givin the chance to rectify that mistake. Maybe be more harsh on the players because let's be honest if I performed at work the way they did against hearts I'd be defo on a final written warning and be getting diciplined. I don't see how footballers should be any different. They are not playing for fun ultimately they are paid to provide a service for paying customers and to get points on the table. I'm rambling on a wee but I know I'm just gutted because i want clark to stay coz I believe he is a good manager. But he needs to turn it around cause he's gave himself alot of work to do.

Ps. The 4-5 right backs line I wrote was just a wee joke for any of the ball sacks that don't understand a wee joke

"Clark said: 'My budget has already been decided for next season and nothing that happens at the 
weekend will change that.

'This place is getting turned round in the summer no matter what. If we get the result we want against Falkirk, that’s even better, you do it from a higher level.

'Judge me when I’ve had a chance to bring my own players in. I know over the summer that I can produce a group of players that can take this club forward.' ”

(Record, 22 May)

"Lee Clark is ready to swing the axe at Kilmarnock and make more wholesale changes in January.

The Rugby Park gaffer believes he needs to reshape and restructure the squad for the second-part of the season as he fights to get his team away from relegation fight and back into the top six.

Clark made severe alterations in the summer during his first transfer window at Killie after last term’s serious brush with the drop and has vowed to do the same again to maintain improvement.

Saturday’s clash against Partick Thistle will signal the end for some of the current squad as the gaffer begins the ruthless process.

Clark said: 'In order to raise the funds to bring other players in, that’s what needs to be done.

'Remember I have only had one transfer window. I need to be given an opportunity to reshape the squad even more.

'It was radical, but it was 100 per cent needed what I did in the summer.

'I’m going to get right on to it after the Partick game is finished and inform players they are surplus to requirements.

'Do I want to make us stronger? Of course I do even if that means my plans in terms of January might have to change.' "

(Record, 29 December)