Who's to blame ?

Thirdwatch1965

Another end of season nerve jangler for us killie fans. But who do you blame. Do you go back as far as kenny shiels getting the sack which ultimately gave us Alan johnson and then Gary locke. Or do you place the blame at the board. And us the fans are we free from criticism. Lets take a look. Kenny got the bullet for not getting into the top 6 and most prob due to his constant outbursts to the press or whoever listened to him. For me Kenny should never have left as he had the club at heart and it would be interesting to see where we would be right now if he was still here. His departure started us on the downward slope. 

Next came Alan johnson, some might say he came confident in his ability as he took Q.O.S to the championship in style. Again I wanted him to work out but poor signings (mark stewart,Paul cairney) to name 2 did not help. AJ was out of his depth clearly and took the decision to leave after the Robbie muirhead transfer.  And then Gary locke came in, intrim at the start and to be fair got some good results finishing last season in 10th position 5 points clear of Motherwell. Then this season well where do you start, again another manager with poor poor signings, ex hearts players Robinson, McHattie, Carrick joining and offering very little. Higginbottom, boyd,dissapointing and then theres the injuries to connolly, johnson and others. Is it just a bad bad season with nothing going for us. 

Lee clark will be good for us as for a start he has seen that the players he inherited are simply not good enough and has shipped out 3 so far. More to follow I think. If we stay up I can see him transform the squad during the close season, I hope he gets his chance.

The board have again dissapointed me, the silence coming out of rugby park is defening. The timing of Locke's departure was inexcusable as Lee clark had no transfer window to play with. I know the majority of supportrs blame MJ for more or less everything but its not just him. The club need to rally the fans right now as we could be leaving the premiership and if we do theres no quick return. Offer incentives to get rugby park rocking for the upcoming most important games, anything to get fans in. 

Now us fans are we any bit to blame, maybe, maybe not,well at the game yesterday the away end was packed and it was a great atmosphere so why cant it be the same at our home games. Some say its the stadium as its too big and the fans are too far apart, I dont know but the stadium is quiet on most match days. 

Happy last 6 games to everyone. Lets hope we are ok.

Sad to say but I'd go all the way back to Jim Moffat.

He could have ensured that the club was bequeathed to those who had an interest in it rather than his useless  son.

The rot set in during the period when the club was in the hands of JM, SJO, MJ, Bill Costley, Robert Wyper & co. It was they who decided to build a hotel, probably under the guidance of Costley who promptly buggered off for whatever reason, leaving us with a white elephant and no training ground. 

Then, by a process of elimination, all the directors disappeared leaving us with MJ who ran the club autonomously as JM's regent. Unfortunately, he got a taste for vicarious wealth and assumed an authority which he had never earned.

When he eventually loosened his grip (marginally), the people he allowed in were/ are as much use as a fart in a bottle. 

Sacking Shiels was a watershed moment.

We had all but recovered from misery at the end of the JJ era only for MJ to dump us right back there.  Since then he has appointed one donkey after another with predictable results.

I think he just got lucky with Mixu and then thought he was immortal.

But as noted by others above the rot had set in much earlier. MJ should never, ever, ever have been put in the position he is in.

1 minute ago, gdevoy said:

Sacking Shiels was a watershed moment.

We had all but recovered from misery at the end of the JJ era only for MJ to dump us right back there.  Since then he has appointed one donkey after another with predictable results.

I think he just got lucky with Mixu and then thought he was immortal.

But as noted by others above the rot had set in much earlier. MJ should never, ever, ever have been put in the position he is in.

And do not forget he also instigated the bonus row,utter vermin.

Don't think the fans will ever be high on our custodians importance list mj has treated us with total contempt for years and have implemented a full catalouge of foo pas from the wrong course of managers on the playing side to ridiculous no cash gates for matches etc .I agree wholeheartedly that sacking Kenny was a mistake .

1 hour ago, david mcbeth said:

On the field, it is rose tinted pish IMO to say that all was good in the garden in the latter days of KS reign. It was still a lot better than now though.

I agree it was falling apart on Kenny a bit. But MJ helped it on it's way appointing AJ who's only fit to manage if his budget it 10 times higher than the rest of the league. 

JM had no real interest in the Club and got out as soon as he could. He also wrote off some substantial loans. 

The person I really blame is Billy Bowie.  Just at the time where MJ had nowhere to go and no money to invest, in jumped BB with his (reported) £500,000 initial lifeline.  Maybe he did it for what he thought was the right reasons. However, without that MJ would have had to have dealt with local businesses or see the Club go into administration, where he would have got nothing.

Had BB taken the trouble to consult with local businesses and fans' groups, he might have taken a different route.

MJ has shown complete disregard for the views and aspirations of Killie fans.  Whatever happened the the much-hyped CEB anyway?

As a result of BB's financial support, MJ has continued to put his own self-interest above the needs of the Club.  As a result, many including me, have lost their enthusiasm for turning up regularly.  

The Club can only prosper in future with a new regime in tune with the fans.  Sadly, it looks like administration is the only way that this can happen.

I'm sure BB is no mug when it comes to business and would have carried out the appropriate due-diligence when investing. Whilst we can criticise Jamie Moffat for wanting to get rid and selling to MJ for £1 it has been his (MJs) stewardship that has crippled the club. I think in principle he has tried to balance the books, however he totally disregarded what the club is there to do and the people that would typically support the club through and through. Over the period of his stewardship people have drifted away, the product on the pitch has been drab (for the most part) and he didn't actively pursue investment that would have been in the best interest of the club; as he wanted to hopefully make something out of his "ownership" / £1 investment.

For me the blame lies firmly with MJ.

7 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I agree it was falling apart on Kenny a bit. But MJ helped it on it's way appointing AJ who's only fit to manage if his budget it 10 times higher than the rest of the league. 

thing is under Kenny at least we had a vision,we could see where he was trying to go and most fans bought into it. mj had to get rid of him he was after a blazer and kenny upset the mr big from the east end of Glasgow.

10 hours ago, Dennykillie said:

JM had no real interest in the Club and got out as soon as he could. He also wrote off some substantial loans. 

The person I really blame is Billy Bowie.  Just at the time where MJ had nowhere to go and no money to invest, in jumped BB with his (reported) £500,000 initial lifeline.  Maybe he did it for what he thought was the right reasons. However, without that MJ would have had to have dealt with local businesses or see the Club go into administration, where he would have got nothing.

Had BB taken the trouble to consult with local businesses and fans' groups, he might have taken a different route.

MJ has shown complete disregard for the views and aspirations of Killie fans.  Whatever happened the the much-hyped CEB anyway?

As a result of BB's financial support, MJ has continued to put his own self-interest above the needs of the Club.  As a result, many including me, have lost their enthusiasm for turning up regularly.  

The Club can only prosper in future with a new regime in tune with the fans.  Sadly, it looks like administration is the only way that this can happen.

correct