Darts

All the Wine

1 hour ago, All the Wine said:

Surely Bobby George will be involved somewhere. It's not Lakeside without BG 

He was asked on twitter if he would. He said 

No. it's not going to be on the BBC. The new channel will have their own people lol. Thanks for asking 

According to the tweets in this chain:

Paul will be reprising his BBC pundit role, with Rob Walker presenting.

27 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

Taylor is a loathsome individual. Glad Barney papped him out. Missed Anderson v Chisnall yesterday which was meant to have been a classic. Peter Wright kind of made his way to the semis without much notice. Averaging over 100 every game so far. 

Full match.

That Chisnall v Anderson match was brilliant but tonight's semi between Barney and Mvg was from another planet. Losing with a 109 average is insane. Even more insane is 114 average over 8 sets. Anderson probably the only one who can stop Mvg but I can't see it happening. 

On a side note, John Part won one of his titles with an average of 82. The standard of darts is unbelievable compared to 10 year ago,  when a 100 average was thought to be extraordinary. You need to be hitting 105 minimum to win tournaments these days 

Edited by All the Wine

Nobody was stopping van Gerwen tonight he was a man on a mission. 3 of the 4 highest losing averages were against him this year which says it all. Records being smashed all over the place, I didn't think they'd beat 33 180s but the two of them raised the bar again tonight. 

Big moment was Mvg breaking to go 2-2 and not 3-1. After that it was a bit of a procession. 44 tournaments in 2 years is crazy, every ranking tournament this year. I don't think there can be much arguments about him being the best ever. Taylor never had the standard around him that there is just now when he was winning everything. 

As for premier league you'd imagine huybrechts and klaasen being whipping boys and you can't see past Anderson and van Gerwen being top 2 again. Miles ahead of the rest 

Definitely you seen how much it meant to him and Anderson is quite blasé about winning it again. According to him he's beaten Taylor on that stage in a final so he's quite happy (something Mvg not done yet). I don't think Mvg will get near Taylors record of world championships,  might not even get double figures but he's still unbelievable. 

Now on to Lakeside and the BDO! 

8 hours ago, Killie71 said:

I'll tune in to see how C4 present Lakeside. It will be pretty weird though, compared to what we have watched over the last couple of weeks. No Toure brothers that's for sure!!

Rab Butler having none of it. 

He has since retired from reffing.

I really enjoyed that, this year. Top work from c4. Paul Nicholson was on point again in his punditary & commentary. A massive step up from the pile of doo-doo that the bbc had let it get to.

Although, Vassos did his best to channel the spirit of Tony Green. And he's not even dead...

I do hope the viewing figures were good enough for c4 to pick it up. Rumours going around that it wasn't a two year deal. But a 1 plus 1. Essentially, they got this year for free & only need to pay if they pick up the second year.

Deadline day for switching is tomorrow. No more freebies, if you want to switch, you HAVE to take part in Q-School.

Madars Razma is confirmed. Latvian player. Lakeside best. Last 16 2015, 2016. 6 Jobber titles. 5 Latvian national championships.

Allan Edwards. Jobber. Lakeside best: Qualifiers. 'Pro' for 6 years. Total winnings £1,142

Rumours.

Durrant. Has 'til close of business tomorrow to 'talk it over with his management' The same management that manage Klaasen, Suljovic & Kim Huybrechts. The fact the cheques are held back 'til after Q-School deadline expires may keep him at the bdo.

Dean 'Deano' Reynolds Lakeside best: Last 32 2016, 2017. Won a few pdc challenge tour events & finished top of the youth OoM. Which gets you a 2 year tour card. Being papped out in te 1st round at Lakeside means he'll probably take up his tour card option.

Danny Noppert. Like Durrant has been strongly rumoured to be switching. The £35k might keep him for now. Especially if Bob Potter gets arsey with the cheques.

Jamie Hughes. Rumoured to be going. But, if Durrant goes, he could stay & become the next big fish in the bdo pond.

Barry Hearn is egging Lisa Ashton on, to play in the qualifiers for the grand slam. BDO have decided to give their places to the top 8 ranked bdo male players at time of posting.

PDC-BDO 

Dean Winstanley. Plauged by injury, lost his tour card, will look to rejoin his missus in the bdo & hoover up some minor titles when he recovers from injury.